fogpog

fogpog (http://www.fogpog.com/index.php)
-   The Bleachers (http://www.fogpog.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trade Rumors (http://www.fogpog.com/showthread.php?t=2170)

SKIPPER 11 Jul 26th 2007 2:11 pm

Trade Rumors

CBs sportsline has us linked to possibly Dye or Griffey and Gagne or the other reliever from Texas- who is on the DL. They also have Dunn possibly leaving.

Im all for Griffey switching clubhouses this weekend, but I also wish that somebody in the AL would snag Dunn before we have to face that monster.

Im not to high on Gagne. I watched him the other night- 93 fastball very hittable.

On a side note- Supposedly the Braves have offered the White Sox Renteria for Garland. I know most of you hate him for what he did to Fontenot, but this guy is clutch. I would definately trade Marquis for him, if the Braves need pitching.

If that goes through- that would be amazing- we got Matt Karchner for Garland and now the White Sox are in a position to get Renteria for him.

Doba Jul 26th 2007 2:30 pm

I want Griffey more than any other name on the market.

BigZ38 Jul 26th 2007 2:34 pm

Griffey has my vote to. We need a consistent left hander in the lineup. We also need another power source.

HOLYCOW!25 Jul 26th 2007 2:43 pm

I've heard a few talks about Griffey, but the thing is, I hear the Tribune company doesn't want to commit much more money for after this season because the teams for sale. That's why the Zambrano deal didn't get done. And I haven't heard anything really serious about getting him. Then again, talks of Soriano becoming a Cub this offseason didn't seem very solid, but then we got him.

BigZ38 Jul 26th 2007 3:35 pm

It sounds like the Cubs will go after Ryan Church rather than Griffey. I read an article on MLB.com that says the Cubs are looking at him....the only problem is that Bowden is asking a high price.

CubsFan23 Jul 26th 2007 4:09 pm

We don't need Renteria IMO. Theriot has been solid at short. I would take Griffey as well but we really need bullpen help. Our starters have the 2nd best ERA in the league, but our Bullpen is 10th with a 3.99 ERA (league average 4.00 ERA).

Doba Jul 26th 2007 4:28 pm

IF Wood comes back healthy it would solidify the pen. I don't think we really need another lefty in there either.

Renteria really isn't needed. Our middle infield has figured itself out just fine.

Another dependable outfielder with a bat is the biggest need if you ask me.

SKIPPER 11 Jul 26th 2007 4:51 pm

I never said we needed him -Renteria- but I would definately take him. He is 31 yrs old- a proven Winner- not to mention .335 10 hrs 52 rbi.. Renteria has better numbers than DLee. I simply meant that I thought the CWS were getting a steal with Garland for Renteria if that were to happen. He is arguably one of the top 5 SS in the game, if not higher. Theriot has been solid, I agree.

BigZ38 Jul 26th 2007 5:07 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doba (Post 26298)
IF Wood comes back healthy it would solidify the pen. I don't think we really need another lefty in there either.

You really don't think we need one....ok let me pose this question to you then. In the postseason who are we going to count on to get the tough lefty out? Eyre.....not likely.....Oh-Man...his name speaks for himself. A lefty wouldn't hurt.

Doba Jul 26th 2007 5:23 pm

Ohman hasn't been as bad as some people make him out to be. There have been times he has come in this year and been lights out striking out the side. Cotts is still hiding out in AAA.

If we absolutely need a lefty vs lefty matchup come postseason time we have three pretty good lefties in the rotation that could fill in for that one out.

Another lefty in the pen could't hurt I agree, but we can manage without.