fogpog

fogpog (http://www.fogpog.com/index.php)
-   The Bleachers (http://www.fogpog.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   april is HUGE...predictions (http://www.fogpog.com/showthread.php?t=729)

SBUC Jan 31st 2007 3:00 pm

april is HUGE...predictions

Seriously, how huge is April...absolutely no time to get ready for divisional play...22 out of the 26 games in april are in our own division. 12 of those 22 are at home...we got 6 games with Cinci, 6 vs. Brew Crew, 3 vs. Stros, 6 vs. Cards (VERY HUGE)...and 1 at Pitt....all in april...plus we play pitt 5 more times right away in the beginning of may before we don't play another divisional game until June...so 27 of our first 34 games are against divisional teams...what kind of record do we need to post in those games?...also...what are your guys' predictions?...i i'm thinking we could take 4 from the reds, 4 from the brewers, 2 from stros, 3 from cards, and 4 or 5 from pitt (i hate playing the pirates)...that is a 17-10 record in those 27 games...doable in my book...I think we need 17 or 18 of those games however you slice it up...i predict that we will win about 15...season will be young...hope we come out hot

HOLYCOW!25 Jan 31st 2007 3:02 pm

I think they'll come out with around 17-18 wins there, and I really hope they do, because they need to start off good early, expecially since we're facing our own division so much.

Bockstock Jan 31st 2007 3:07 pm

It would be nice to see the Cubs take it to teams like Milwaukee and Cincy early in the year.

As you know who would say, 15 wins a month should get the division.

Al Spanglers ghost Jan 31st 2007 3:13 pm

There's an old baseball saying,"Pennants aren't won in April,but they most certainly can be lost"

NeifiPerezMVP2007 Jan 31st 2007 4:02 pm

I'm going out on a thin limb here but I'm gonna say if Prior makes opening day (and makes all his starts in April) the Cub's will go 20-6. It is not likely but hey. More likely they go around 16-10.

diehardnorthsider Jan 31st 2007 4:02 pm

Lets hope for at least 15

WrigleyFielder Jan 31st 2007 5:28 pm

26-0....easy money don't even worry about it lol

ChinMusic22 Jan 31st 2007 5:56 pm

I think 15-17 is definately doable. We know the Cards and 'Stros will be tough games, but we need to exploit teams like Cin & Mil. Both of those teams play overtheir heads, and we need to treat games against the Pirates like we're playing the Cards. In the past the Cubs tended to play down to teams, and that's a recipie for failure (Pinella's not that kinda guy though).

I think April's gonna be a great start to build on!

bringbacktuffy Jan 31st 2007 6:03 pm

great post! If want any shot at the division this year we need to come out clicking on all cylinders. If we can come out hot and put some space between everyone else we are definately at an advantage. Unfortunately i think the cubbies may need some time to gel so ill be happy if we win 14 or 15 of those games and keep pace with the cards, stros and even milwaukee. When everything comes together later and the rest of the division's weaknesses get exploited we can start running away. I predict 15-11.

DLee25 Jan 31st 2007 6:03 pm

Undefeated.

What'd you think when you read that? "DLee is an idiot..."
Haha just kidding, but don't we all wish.
Atleast 15 wins, otherwise, all of the cub haters are really gonna laugh.