fogpog (
-   The Bleachers (
-   -   Looking at the matchups for Monday.... (

ryno4ever Apr 8th 2007 6:05 pm

Looking at the matchups for Monday....
I just pulled up Woody Williams stats at Wrigley Field.... I used his three year average for the past three years... HE HAS A 10.64 ERA at Wrigley with no wins and two losses, 11 innings pitched, has given up 22 hits, 13 earned runs! Last year, alone he had a 9.00 ERA at Wrigley.

We got Lilly, who says that he loves to pitch in the cold. However, I don't think he has ever pitched at Wrigley Field, but I have to believe that if we even see a glimpse of what we saw in his first start, our pitching won't be a problem on Monday, I think we will need to be a little more concerned with the clutch hitting!

diehardnorthsider Apr 8th 2007 6:08 pm

Clutch hitting would have been HUGE today.

ryno4ever Apr 8th 2007 6:10 pm

Bases loaded, go ahead run on base...AND A STRIKE OUT! Sad to say, but as the pitch was being delivered, I just had a feeling a huge strike out was about to take place, and yep, i was right.

Webgem Apr 8th 2007 6:42 pm

It seems the Cubs have owned Woody the last few years. ...:)

ryno4ever Apr 8th 2007 6:56 pm

We won't even see Oswalt at all during this series! :)

ChinMusic22 Apr 9th 2007 6:36 am

Wody Williams isn't a good pitcher in Wrigley. Hopefully that will continue... Life will be pretty sweet if the Astros leave Chicago 1-8...

CUBScrazy22 Apr 9th 2007 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by ryno4ever (Post 15269)
We won't even see Oswalt at all during this series! :)

Thats great, because I heard Oswalt's next win will be his 100th career win, and I'd hate that to be against the Cubs.