fogpog

fogpog (http://www.fogpog.com/index.php)
-   Rival Central (http://www.fogpog.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Brewers just got better ! (http://www.fogpog.com/showthread.php?t=6246)

LeeEila's/rant Dec 19th 2010 10:40 am

Brewers just got better !

With the signing of Zach Greinke and Shaun Marcum they just got MUCH better. It is looking more like the Cubs are going to be the fifth best team in the NL Central :mad:

Bockstock Dec 20th 2010 11:04 am

Good deals for them.

Alternatively, I'm guessing this officially means Fielder is gone, as Weeks is also a FA and they traded their top 2b prospect.

However one injurty to one of their big hitters and they'll likely be the 2009 Cubs, with Carlos Gomez and Betancourt basicly like having two Koyie Hill's in the lineup.

LeeEila's/rant Dec 20th 2010 12:08 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bockstock (Post 79177)
Good deals for them.

Alternatively, I'm guessing this officially means Fielder is gone, as Weeks is also a FA and they traded their top 2b prospect.

However one injurty to one of their big hitters and they'll likely be the 2009 Cubs, with Carlos Gomez and Betancourt basicly like having two Koyie Hill's in the lineup.

The just signed Counsell , a good idea if they lose Feilder and Weeks . He is a good veteran infielder that can spell young guys.

They really look good with the pitching they have set up and should do well even lossing the big lumber of Prince.

Banks Dec 20th 2010 4:09 pm

Marcum and Greinke were GREAT pickups by Milwaukee, but...

The Cubs still finish ahead of them.

LeeEila's/rant Dec 21st 2010 7:41 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banks (Post 79179)
Marcum and Greinke were GREAT pickups by Milwaukee, but...

The Cubs still finish ahead of them.

The Brewers are still $15 mill under payroll of last year. That should open them to re-up Weeks or maybe Feilder . Greinke , Wolf , Marcum , Parra , for pitching and Braun , Weeks , Dickerson and Hart in the outfield and Prince and McGehee playing infield , they look pretty damn good. They have a good balance of hitters.

Banks Dec 21st 2010 12:47 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant (Post 79180)
The Brewers are still $15 mill under payroll of last year. That should open them to re-up Weeks or maybe Feilder . Greinke , Wolf , Marcum , Parra , for pitching and Braun , Weeks , Dickerson and Hart in the outfield and Prince and McGehee playing infield , they look pretty damn good. They have a good balance of hitters.

Prince Fielder is entering his final season in Milwaukee...IF he makes it through the whole season.

Dickerson and Parra stink!

Milwaukee has no catcher, a really bad defense and an atrocious bullpen.

I like their off-season...but they still have glaring holes on their team!

LeeEila's/rant Dec 22nd 2010 7:29 am

Without the new pitching additions they still finished ahead of us

VanMan Dec 22nd 2010 4:35 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant (Post 79183)
Without the new pitching additions they still finished ahead of us

The reason we were bad is because we couldn't adjust from injuries.

Bockstock Dec 23rd 2010 11:30 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant (Post 79178)
The just signed Counsell , a good idea if they lose Feilder and Weeks . He is a good veteran infielder that can spell young guys.

They really look good with the pitching they have set up and should do well even lossing the big lumber of Prince.

Exactly my point.

Craig Counsell is the answer to a question nobody asked. If the Brewers have to rely on a 40-y/o who can't hit his way out of a papersack for 400 PA they are in trouble.

Bockstock Dec 23rd 2010 11:37 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant (Post 79180)

Parra really sucks, he does not belong in that list.

People say this about the Brewers every year, just like they said it about the Reds every year 5-6 years ago.

Bockstock Mar 1st 2011 10:53 am

Jerry Crasnick from ESPN

Quote:

But when a guy says teammates "annoy" him and interviews are a waste of time, he's probably better off not talking at all.

LeeEila's/rant Mar 4th 2011 9:32 am

6 games into spring and the Brewers have 40 guys crossing home. I know it is spring but this team should really be putting it together this year.

Bockstock Mar 9th 2011 9:27 am

Greinke out 1-2 months with a broken rib

LeeEila's/rant Mar 10th 2011 12:50 pm

All the more reason that the Cubs need to start off good .

LeeEila's/rant Mar 11th 2011 8:08 am

That 4A player Casey McGehee is hitting .286 BA .714 Slg 1.000 OPS !!

Like Banks said he will add nothing to the Brewers

Banks Mar 11th 2011 10:55 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant (Post 79388)
That 4A player Casey McGehee is hitting .286 BA .714 Slg 1.000 OPS !!

Like Banks said he will add nothing to the Brewers

You must have me mixed up with someone else...because when McGehee was released, I thought nothing of it...just like you didn't.

Don't be a bandwagon jumper. You didn't think McGehee was any good until he started hitting with the Brewers. You didn't start a "why did we release Casey McGehee" thread. Only after he started hitting, did you start talking him up.

Stop being fake!

LeeEila's/rant Mar 14th 2011 7:37 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banks (Post 79390)
You must have me mixed up with someone else...because when McGehee was released, I thought nothing of it...just like you didn't.

Don't be a bandwagon jumper. You didn't think McGehee was any good until he started hitting with the Brewers. You didn't start a "why did we release Casey McGehee" thread. Only after he started hitting, did you start talking him up.

Stop being fake!

Hey you creepy stalking ignoramus vandal , I have been on this forever. I posted two years ago that he should have broke camp with them. And again was pigeoned as a career minor leaguer.

Here will be another one , keep an eye on Jake Fox. He will get a spot before your beloved Pie will.

Bockstock Mar 15th 2011 1:12 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant (Post 79397)
Hey you creepy stalking ignoramus vandal , I have been on this forever. I posted two years ago that he should have broke camp with them. And again was pigeoned as a career minor leaguer.

Here will be another one , keep an eye on Jake Fox. He will get a spot before your beloved Pie will.

the only reason's McGehee's bat carried any weight was him being a catcher, other than that Banks is right on this one. Mcgehee was the worst hitter on the Iowa Cubs, not a good sign of long-term success when you're below average in the most offense-happy minor league stop.

Fox does not make the team over Vlad for DH. The Orioles will carry Vlad, Pie, Reimold, Markaikas, and Jones as OF.... no room for Fox, unless they carry him as the backup catcher, which would be frickin' hilarious.

Edit: Apparently that's what they're doing
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...r-bats-orioles

Bockstock Mar 18th 2011 11:15 am

FYI MArcum left yesterday's game with shoulder tightness.

Banks Mar 18th 2011 2:13 pm

As much a I like Marcum and Greinke for their natural pitching ability...there is still a risk with both of them in the injury/mental department.

The Brewers are finding this out right now!

LeeEila's/rant Mar 19th 2011 7:40 am

Greinke would have been curled up in the fetal position on the clubhouse floor by June , if he played for the Cubs. He is having big problems with the attention in Milwaukee . He doesn't talk to anyone on the team.

LeeEila's/rant Jun 13th 2011 8:47 am

Brewers just claimed first place

Bockstock Jul 11th 2011 9:08 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant (Post 79768)
Brewers just claimed first place

And it has nothing to do with Zach Greinke