fogpog

fogpog (http://www.fogpog.com/index.php)
-   Around The Horn (http://www.fogpog.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Felix Pie (http://www.fogpog.com/showthread.php?t=6301)

LeeEila's/rant Aug 25th 2011 7:33 am

Felix Pie

Was released from 50-77 Baltimore .
How bad can you be to be dumped by such a bad team ?

Sam Fuld is still playing and making the highlight reels for a 70-58 team.

McGehee is hitting .315 last seven days on a 78-54 team.

Weird that these below average part-time players seem to be doing so much better than a sure thing player like Pie.

Banks Aug 27th 2011 10:33 pm

You'd be hard pressed to find any Cubs fans call Felix Pie a "sure thing"...especially after Corey Patterson! Pie had 4th outfielder written all over him from day 1.

Casey is among the worst hitting 3B in baseball

Fuld is hitting under .240

LeeEila's/rant Aug 28th 2011 10:12 am

Hitting hitting hitting There is more to playing baseball than hitting . Where are the great softball teams in the standings now ? Strong defence is what all the leading teams have in common .

Banks Aug 28th 2011 1:59 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant (Post 79964)
Hitting hitting hitting There is more to playing baseball than hitting . Where are the great softball teams in the standings now ? Strong defence is what all the leading teams have in common .

Hitting is kinda a big thing in baseball... Very few player's are so good that it out ways their bad offense. Sam Fuld is a good defensive player...but he can't hit a lick, hence he is a 4th outfielder. Felix Pie is actually a very good defensive outfielder...

Casey is an awful defensive 3B...

Once again... YOU HAVE NO POINT!

LeeEila's/rant Aug 29th 2011 4:23 am

Really Bims ? Fuld's numbers :.274 babip

.238 AVG

.310 obp

.361 slg

.302 wOBP

10.0 fld

1.8 WAR

Pie's numbers : .273 BABIP

.220 AVG

.264 OBP

.280 SLG

.244 wOBP

-13.3 fld

-2.1 WAR

Pie is a horrible player because of his lack of defencive baseball skill. Because Sam Fuld can actually play baseball he is still taking the field.

BTW. McGehee has a .940 fielding pct. and a total WAR of 6.0 , hardly one of the worst

Where's your sig ? Are you no longer the great light of baseball intelect , that will lead all of us out of the darkness of our collective ignorance ?

Banks Aug 31st 2011 8:22 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant (Post 79966)
Really Bims ? Fuld's numbers :.274 babip

.238 AVG

.310 obp

.361 slg

.302 wOBP

10.0 fld

1.8 WAR

Pie's numbers : .273 BABIP

.220 AVG

.264 OBP

.280 SLG

.244 wOBP

-13.3 fld

-2.1 WAR

Pie is a horrible player because of his lack of defencive baseball skill. Because Sam Fuld can actually play baseball he is still taking the field.

BTW. McGehee has a .940 fielding pct. and a total WAR of 6.0 , hardly one of the worst

Where's your sig ? Are you no longer the great light of baseball intelect , that will lead all of us out of the darkness of our collective ignorance ?

Did you seriously just post a player's fielding percentage, in hopes that it would support their defensive ability? Seriosuly? Lee... You will NEVER understand the game of baseball. Never!

You boast the accomplishments of the mediocre... from Sam Fuld to Koyie Hill... Randy Wells to Tyler Colvin... You've compared Wells to Maddux... Said Hill should become a 3B... I mean, when does this stop? When do you stop posting? The better question is when do I give up on you? I'm coming close... Because it's just not sinking in for you!

LeeEila's/rant Sep 1st 2011 10:38 am

I gave the numbers for you , who does not understand what he sees . I saw with my own eyes that Pie sucked when he was here and never once backed off no matter what unqualified arrogance you tried to brow-beat me and everyone else here with.

This is a cartoon character you have here much like Wiley E. Coyote of Roadrunner fame , you keep insisting that you are a super-genius even as every post and prediction you utter is just another cannon ball landing on your high-peaked pinhead !

BEEP BEEP !!!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ZOOM !!!

Banks Sep 4th 2011 1:59 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant (Post 79972)
I gave the numbers for you , who does not understand what he sees . I saw with my own eyes that Pie sucked when he was here and never once backed off no matter what unqualified arrogance you tried to brow-beat me and everyone else here with.

This is a cartoon character you have here much like Wiley E. Coyote of Roadrunner fame , you keep insisting that you are a super-genius even as every post and prediction you utter is just another cannon ball landing on your high-peaked pinhead !

BEEP BEEP !!!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ZOOM !!!

Who are you arguing against? Nobody thinks/ever thought that Pie was/is good. He's a 4th outfielder...at best!

But to fail to qulaify Fuld as a crappy hitter, and 4th outfielder... Casey as having an awful season, and being a really bad defender, is ignorance!

Bockstock Sep 30th 2011 11:17 am

Pie's career has been derailed by various leg, foot, and groin injuries that have destroyed his speed and defensive abilities, two assets of his game.

If a player can't stay consistently healthy in their early to mid 20s as a part-time player, they are not going to last long in the MLB.