fogpog

fogpog (http://www.fogpog.com/index.php)
-   Rival Central (http://www.fogpog.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Brewers just got better ! (http://www.fogpog.com/showthread.php?t=6246)

LeeEila's/rant Dec 19th 2010 10:40 am

Brewers just got better !
 
With the signing of Zach Greinke and Shaun Marcum they just got MUCH better. It is looking more like the Cubs are going to be the fifth best team in the NL Central :mad:

Bockstock Dec 20th 2010 11:04 am

Good deals for them.

Alternatively, I'm guessing this officially means Fielder is gone, as Weeks is also a FA and they traded their top 2b prospect.

However one injurty to one of their big hitters and they'll likely be the 2009 Cubs, with Carlos Gomez and Betancourt basicly like having two Koyie Hill's in the lineup.

LeeEila's/rant Dec 20th 2010 12:08 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bockstock (Post 79177)
Good deals for them.

Alternatively, I'm guessing this officially means Fielder is gone, as Weeks is also a FA and they traded their top 2b prospect.

However one injurty to one of their big hitters and they'll likely be the 2009 Cubs, with Carlos Gomez and Betancourt basicly like having two Koyie Hill's in the lineup.

The just signed Counsell , a good idea if they lose Feilder and Weeks . He is a good veteran infielder that can spell young guys.

They really look good with the pitching they have set up and should do well even lossing the big lumber of Prince.

Banks Dec 20th 2010 4:09 pm

Marcum and Greinke were GREAT pickups by Milwaukee, but...

The Cubs still finish ahead of them.

LeeEila's/rant Dec 21st 2010 7:41 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banks (Post 79179)
Marcum and Greinke were GREAT pickups by Milwaukee, but...

The Cubs still finish ahead of them.

The Brewers are still $15 mill under payroll of last year. That should open them to re-up Weeks or maybe Feilder . Greinke , Wolf , Marcum , Parra , for pitching and Braun , Weeks , Dickerson and Hart in the outfield and Prince and McGehee playing infield , they look pretty damn good. They have a good balance of hitters.

Banks Dec 21st 2010 12:47 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant (Post 79180)
The Brewers are still $15 mill under payroll of last year. That should open them to re-up Weeks or maybe Feilder . Greinke , Wolf , Marcum , Parra , for pitching and Braun , Weeks , Dickerson and Hart in the outfield and Prince and McGehee playing infield , they look pretty damn good. They have a good balance of hitters.

Prince Fielder is entering his final season in Milwaukee...IF he makes it through the whole season.

Dickerson and Parra stink!

Milwaukee has no catcher, a really bad defense and an atrocious bullpen.

I like their off-season...but they still have glaring holes on their team!

LeeEila's/rant Dec 22nd 2010 7:29 am

Without the new pitching additions they still finished ahead of us

VanMan Dec 22nd 2010 4:35 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant (Post 79183)
Without the new pitching additions they still finished ahead of us

The reason we were bad is because we couldn't adjust from injuries.

Bockstock Dec 23rd 2010 11:30 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant (Post 79178)
The just signed Counsell , a good idea if they lose Feilder and Weeks . He is a good veteran infielder that can spell young guys.

They really look good with the pitching they have set up and should do well even lossing the big lumber of Prince.

Exactly my point.

Craig Counsell is the answer to a question nobody asked. If the Brewers have to rely on a 40-y/o who can't hit his way out of a papersack for 400 PA they are in trouble.

Bockstock Dec 23rd 2010 11:37 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant (Post 79180)
The Brewers are still $15 mill under payroll of last year. That should open them to re-up Weeks or maybe Feilder . Greinke , Wolf , Marcum , Parra , for pitching and Braun , Weeks , Dickerson and Hart in the outfield and Prince and McGehee playing infield , they look pretty damn good. They have a good balance of hitters.

Parra really sucks, he does not belong in that list.

People say this about the Brewers every year, just like they said it about the Reds every year 5-6 years ago.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:04 am.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.