fogpog

fogpog (http://www.fogpog.com/index.php)
-   Rival Central (http://www.fogpog.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Anyone See Pujols Crying About MVP? (http://www.fogpog.com/showthread.php?t=263)

Sheffield_&_Waveland Nov 30th 2006 7:17 pm

Anyone See Pujols Crying About MVP?

I read today that Pujols said that he was stiffed out of the MVP because he thinks that the MVP should be off a playoff team. My thoughts are just the opposite however. Yes I do believe an MVP is someone that is a leader but that doesn't necesarily mean that they have to lead their team to the playoffs or the World Series. So in his scenario this would mean that someone could blow his numbers out of the water in the season and because they played on a team as bad as the 06 Cubs he doiesn't deserve to be recognized, I just can't agree with that at all. I thought this was pretty low of him to say. Whats your thoughts?

scuba Nov 30th 2006 7:31 pm

I agree. He shouldn't have said anything. Just makes him look selfish. Really surprising coming from him too, given the image he tries to have.

Webgem Nov 30th 2006 7:34 pm

Pujols is a great player but is acting selfish with this. Kind of like their trolls. Instead of enjoying their WS title they have to blabber and cry about something else.

I hope we put a beatdown on them this year...:D :D

Shwerve Nov 30th 2006 7:35 pm

didn't the phillies have a better record than the cardinals too?

HOLYCOW!25 Nov 30th 2006 7:36 pm

I know it's ridiculous. If anything, I would say Howard deserved it more, because he wasn't on a great team, and for him to go out and play like that even with a team that started faltering is more impressive then Poopholes doing it with a team that was behind him the whole time. Stop whining already.

Sheffield_&_Waveland Nov 30th 2006 7:36 pm

Yeah if we can beat them in the season series with a 66 win team then we should really stomp a mud hole in them.

diehardnorthsider Nov 30th 2006 7:39 pm

I agree with you totally.

Hey Albert, they have an MVP for teams in the playoffs too, it's called World Series MVP...yea the one that David Eckstein won.

If Pujols didn't get hurt he may have won it.

Shwerve Nov 30th 2006 7:41 pm

Howard didn't even have the protection in the line up that Pujols had. Still, this from Pujols seems a little of a shock given his character - that which has been portrayed.

Sheffield_&_Waveland Nov 30th 2006 7:42 pm

This is honestly one of those situations where if the MVP came off the team that went in the playoffs as a wild card spot then it would have been under the circumstances tht the MVP should be off a division Champion, it just shows how ungrateful he actually is and his selfish image is really coming out.

Shwerve Nov 30th 2006 7:47 pm

Remember Andre Dawson? Sometimes MVPs are just the best player period.
This is exactly why baseball is the best sport. Interpretation and debate.