fogpog

fogpog (http://www.fogpog.com/index.php)
-   The Bleachers (http://www.fogpog.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I know that it's just spring training,but.. (http://www.fogpog.com/showthread.php?t=964)

mickeyrom51 Mar 4th 2007 4:01 pm

I know that it's just spring training,but..

...the 2007 Cubs look remarkably just like the 2006 Cubs.:(
Lest you think I'm paranoid,read the Pinniella article in todays Sun Times.(3-5-07)

Jason Mar 4th 2007 4:09 pm

Whenever Soriano hit that double to lead off the bottom of the 1st, I bet my friend 5 bux that he would be stranded on 2nd...

I won 5 bux.

ARamfan Mar 4th 2007 4:14 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeyrom51 (Post 11238)
...the 2007 Cubs look remarkably just like the 2006 Cubs.:(

I thought the same thing, unfortunately. :(

DLee25 Mar 4th 2007 5:23 pm

Think the same thing, because it is what you are seeing. But most of the guys you see aren't even gonna make the club. The pitchers are the ones that gave up all of those homers, well they did

mickeyrom51 Mar 4th 2007 5:30 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLee25 (Post 11247)
Think the same thing, because it is what you are seeing. But most of the guys you see aren't even gonna make the club. The pitchers are the ones that gave up all of those homers, well they did

Hill.Ohman,Howry.How about the run production?I see what I see.Im not giving up,but I am disappointed.

DLee25 Mar 4th 2007 5:46 pm

I am disappointed to but like Bob said, pitchers are rusty in their first few games. Give 'em time.

Drockvb Mar 4th 2007 6:45 pm

Well i am not surprised. We didn't improve our staff that much in the offseason. We needed to upgrade our starting pitching dramatically if we wanted a shot this year. I suspect we will be better than last year, but not a whole lot better.

BigZ38 Mar 4th 2007 6:49 pm

It's the first week of spring training. My god you guys are acting like the season is already over. It's the FIRST WEEK! Most of the players haven't played competitve ball since last September. Give them a chance at least.

DLee25 Mar 4th 2007 6:50 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drockvb (Post 11257)
Well i am not surprised. We didn't improve our staff that much in the offseason. We needed to upgrade our starting pitching dramatically if we wanted a shot this year. I suspect we will be better than last year, but not a whole lot better.

Not being disrespectful in anyway.....how can you even say that? We have played a few ST games. Our SP will be better this year, if everyone stays healthy. And we did improve the team a lot. But everyone has their own opinion. We have improved our staff 110% I can tell you that much with Dusty out of Chi-town, and Lou in there.

Drockvb Mar 4th 2007 6:50 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigZ38 (Post 11259)
It's the first week of spring training. My god you guys are acting like the season is already over. It's the FIRST WEEK! Most of the players haven't played competitve ball since last September. Give them a chance at least.

I will give them a chance all the way till the last game of the season. even when we are 20 games under .500