fogpog

fogpog (http://www.fogpog.com/index.php)
-   Holy Cow! (http://www.fogpog.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   If you could take Selig's job for one week.... (http://www.fogpog.com/showthread.php?t=4003)

ryno4ever May 28th 2008 1:30 am

If you could take Selig's job for one week....

and had all of the decision making powers, what ONE thing would you change about the game?

* Add instant replay?

*Get rid of the designated hitter?

*Salary cap?

*How about getting rid of that stupid little "defensive indifference" you see in the 9th inning when a runner takes second and doesn't get credit for a steal?

*Changing criteria to get a former player into the HOF?

any other ideas.....

VanMan May 28th 2008 2:04 pm

I would do several things if I were in Bud's shoes:

1) Eliminate the DH. It has no place in the game anymore. Make the pitcher hit!

2) Institue replay and limit it for fair/foul at the poles and whether a ball actually cleared a fence only.

3) Place a salary cap and floor. I'd say about $50 million floor and a $150 million cap. Right now, either the Marlins or the Rays as a team have a total salary this year equal to A-Rod's 2008 salary in his current contract.

4) Adjust the drug policy to an Olympic level, meaning a two-year ban for the first offense and life for the second with no possibilty of reinstatement. I'd also persuade the union to accept HGH testing with any method available, including blood.

ChiCubs1984 May 28th 2008 3:03 pm

If I were Mr.Selig this what I would do. Prolly get some people ticked off

1. No more DH!!
2. Reistate Pete Rose and let him go into the HOF
3. Get rid of the Vetran's Committee voting rights and elect Ron Santo into the HOF
4. Eliminate the White Sox organization (cant do it but I would try)

cubbie_kern May 29th 2008 10:39 am

Nice!

cubbie_kern May 29th 2008 10:40 am

I would somehow get it to where Wrigley stay Wrigley!

SkullKey May 29th 2008 2:08 pm

1 thing? Fire Selig.

Jason May 30th 2008 6:53 pm

NO MORE DH!!!
Put Pete Rose in the HOF.
Apply instant replay, only for homeruns.
Give the Cubs the World Series every year for no particular reason. :D

ARAM16_03 May 30th 2008 8:52 pm

Heres on for ya. If a game goes like 14 innings, any player that came out before the 7th inning, pitcher or fielder, is eligible to go back in!

Also, SCHEDULE Doubleheaders on Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day for all teams!

SkullKey May 30th 2008 10:52 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARAM16_03 (Post 52993)
Heres on for ya. If a game goes like 14 innings, any player that came out before the 7th inning, pitcher or fielder, is eligible to go back in!

Also, SCHEDULE Doubleheaders on Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day for all teams!

That's an interesting idea. Those games that go on forever because both benches are depleted and everyone is exhausted serve no point. They do more harm than good. Maybe each team could choose 3 starters and 2 non-starters to go back into the game , something like that.

cubsfan162512 Jun 24th 2008 12:20 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiCubs1984 (Post 52760)
If I were Mr.Selig this what I would do. Prolly get some people ticked off

1. No more DH!!
2. Reistate Pete Rose and let him go into the HOF
3. Get rid of the Vetran's Committee voting rights and elect Ron Santo into the HOF
4. Eliminate the White Sox organization (cant do it but I would try)

yes :D:D:D:D