fogpog

fogpog (http://www.fogpog.com/index.php)
-   The Bleachers (http://www.fogpog.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Quade??? (http://www.fogpog.com/showthread.php?t=6266)

Bockstock Apr 4th 2011 2:59 pm

Quade???

what the hell is he doing?? trying to get everyone into the game??

SKIPPER 11 Apr 4th 2011 4:10 pm

I didnt understand the move to take Pena out. Up 3 to 1, with one inning to play I personally would like our best defense in the game. He was obviously playing for another run there and he eventually got it, but it was a head scratcher to me. Maybe he heard Fergie Jenkins during the 7th inning the other day when he said Marmol is the kind of P that will have two awesome games a week along with 2 bad ones.

Bockstock Apr 4th 2011 4:23 pm

apparently Pena hurt his hand

I didn't like the bullpen management. Marshall is not a LOOGY.

LeeEila's/rant Apr 5th 2011 8:04 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bockstock (Post 79482)
apparently Pena hurt his hand

I didn't like the bullpen management. Marshall is not a LOOGY.

He has too much trust in his veterans. He left Demp in too long .

He is Jim's guy. Jim has as much to do with who plays as Quade does.

Remember , this season is " prove Jim right " year.

We will see some blunders from Quade. He wasn't my guy because of his indebtedness to Jim Hendry.

LeeEila's/rant Apr 5th 2011 11:50 am

Today will be a good test for Quade . Cashner on the mound and Kerry and Marmol burnt.

Slating Marshall for closer , let's see how he handles his pen today.

VanMan Apr 5th 2011 2:09 pm

Cashner had tightness in his shoulder today, had to leave in the sixth. Shark had to come in to relieve.

Bockstock Apr 5th 2011 2:39 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanMan (Post 79489)
Cashner had tightness in his shoulder today, had to leave in the sixth. Shark had to come in to relieve.

Cubs top 5 starting pitching prospects at the end of last year

1. Archer (traded)
2. Cashner (???)
3. McNutt
4. Jackson (injured/arm fatigue)
5. Carpenter (moved to the bullpen)

LeeEila's/rant Apr 5th 2011 3:45 pm

Why do we have a wide receiver on our club ?

Bockstock Apr 5th 2011 4:16 pm

Cashner going for an MRI

Unbelievable. The organization finally makes a move where it eats ALOT of money to get rid of a crappy veteran and start a young player in his place and this is what happens.

Not only that, he was pitching awesome; mid 90s and alot of groundballs.

ryno4ever Apr 6th 2011 8:05 am

I was pleasently surprised and excited about Cashner's performance. I'm hoping it is nothing more than a little tendonitis. I was also impressed with Colvin at first. I was a little skeptical about the way yesterday was going to go. I'm super relieved that Marshall was still going to be available as my faith in the "wide receiver" and grabow is almost zero. Mateo has still yet to create an opinion in my mind....

I do think this club has a nice mix of veterans and youth. It's early...and I still don't have high expectations for this team, but I do like what I see so far.

LeeEila's/rant Apr 10th 2011 9:28 am

Rumors around Chicago have it as Hendry being pissed at Quade over the Silva firing and is flaming about having Cashner as a starter.

LeeEila's/rant Apr 11th 2011 2:13 pm

The one time the cubs tried stealing a base it was the wrong time.

Awful sloppy team here

Bockstock Apr 11th 2011 2:48 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant (Post 79528)
Rumors around Chicago have it as Hendry being pissed at Quade over the Silva firing and is flaming about having Cashner as a starter.

do yourself a favor and not listen to 99% of the meathead Chicago sports media

Banks Apr 11th 2011 2:55 pm

I may worry about the Cubs offense...

I may worry about their defense...

But I won't have to worry about the Cubs clubhouse...not with Kerry Wood, Carlos Pena and Marlon Byrd, on the Cubs.

LeeEila's/rant Apr 17th 2011 8:28 am

I am fed up with Quade blowing smoke up my ass ! He is such a tool for Hendry . Z walks off the mound before he gets to it and Quade says it was his fault for not getting to the mound fast enough. He is showing a pattern of sucking up to the vets and only hold the kids to high standards !

Every time I hear Bob Brenly interveiwed , I am convince Hendry made the wrong hire again.

Banks Apr 17th 2011 9:49 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant (Post 79552)
I am fed up with Quade blowing smoke up my ass ! He is such a tool for Hendry . Z walks off the mound before he gets to it and Quade says it was his fault for not getting to the mound fast enough. He is showing a pattern of sucking up to the vets and only hold the kids to high standards !

Every time I hear Bob Brenly interveiwed , I am convince Hendry made the wrong hire again.

It's called DEALING WITH IT IN THE CLUBHOUSE. Why would Quade want to create a problem through the media? It was a smart move, and it's no longer an issue.

There is a reason Bob Brenly can't get a job as a manager, in baseball!

Banks Apr 21st 2011 1:03 pm

Marlon Byrd is NOT a 3-hitter!

Marcos Mateo should NOT be put in, in big spots!

James Russell is NOT a starter!

Move Soriano UP in the order!

LeeEila's/rant Jun 21st 2011 12:15 pm

The Quademan should have made the DeWitt blowers happy and mad in the same game .

He started off right for DeWitties , getting that great situational hitting bat in the third hole !! He even let him hit in the eighth against a good lefty pitcher , then pulled him for a defencive replacement who happens to be right handed after his at bat .

How dare him replace the Great Bearded One for DEFENCE !!!!!!!

LeeEila's/rant Jun 23rd 2011 7:40 am

Got pants again . 8th inning should have pulled Hill for Soto , fly ball would have scored or at least turn Hill around and lay down a bunt.

I am not even going to go off on Bucket - Footed DeWitt

Banks Jun 23rd 2011 7:33 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant (Post 79820)
The Quademan should have made the DeWitt blowers happy and mad in the same game .

You do realize that nobody, not a single Cubs fan, blpws Blake DeWitt, right? Of course you don't! You are the only person who obsesses over him...or talks about him period!

But, you do blow the hell outts Koyie Hill..because YOU talked about him ALL THE TIME. Even, and get this, suggesting that he START AT 3B, SO THAT THE CUBS GET HIS BAT, that huge bat, IN THE LINEUP EVERYDAY!

GENIUS!

LeeEila's/rant Jun 23rd 2011 7:38 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banks (Post 79824)
You do realize that nobody, not a single Cubs fan, blpws Blake DeWitt, right? Of course you don't! You are the only person who obsesses over him...or talks about him period!

But, you do blow the hell outts Koyie Hill..because YOU talked about him ALL THE TIME. Even, and get this, suggesting that he START AT 3B, SO THAT THE CUBS GET HIS BAT, that huge bat, IN THE LINEUP EVERYDAY!

GENIUS!

show me that post moron. I can bring up all of your stupid crap that you have posted .

Banks Jun 24th 2011 12:38 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant (Post 79825)
show me that post moron. I can bring up all of your stupid crap that you have posted .

By denying that you said it, at some level, you are less-retarded enough to realize that the statement you made was greately retarded, therefore you should deny, deny, deny!

Listen, Retard... This was last year. You posed the question "Can Koyie Hill play 3B?"... You then justified that question by stating that the Cubs "needed to get his bat into the lineup"... It was retarded then...not just because Koyie Hill is a career .210 hitter... but because he is a CATCHER!!!!!!!

LeeEila's/rant Jun 24th 2011 12:53 pm

LMAO !!! Come on Bims you have to make up crap . Compare my predictions to yours . Your trade ideas are like your predictions , completely sophomoric with no footing in reality. Trade values of Pena and Ramirez LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!! Look through my post and you will see where I was right on most from Lou to who was going to be next.

I am content to post my opinions and take other opinions as just that opinions . Not you you MUST make everyone an idiot and you some type of genius. Your sig says it all and it is such an ironic joke that with each post it hangs like a comic sign .

I am still waiting for a post from you that educates.

You must be some colossal miss fit with sever acne and no friends , to invent this personality and try to bully others into taking you seriously. I bet when you are referred to by others the word " freak " is often in the conversation , along with a shudder of the shoulders .

Banks Jun 25th 2011 4:09 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant (Post 79831)
Trade values of Pena and Ramirez LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's posts like these, and every post you make period, that display your complete lack of understanding for a player's value...

Carlos Pena is the IDEAL trade candidate for a contending team in dire need of an upgrade, at 1B. Why?

He is a GREAT clubhouse guy...

He has been on winning clubs, in recent years...

He is very good defensively...

He has 14 HR...good for top 10 in baseball, at his position...

He has a + .127 OBP...

Pena would also allow an AL team to move a poor defensive 1B to DH...

Pena would net a very solid prospect in return.

Ramirez would bring even more in return than Pena... The only obstacle is his no-trade clause... which the opportunity to be thrust into a playoff race, could entice Aramis to wave.

The Cubs will be a very active team at the deadline this season...and they have the players to fetch good returns on.

LeeEila's/rant Jun 27th 2011 8:18 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banks (Post 79832)
It's posts like these, and every post you make period, that display your complete lack of understanding for a player's value...

Carlos Pena is the IDEAL trade candidate for a contending team in dire need of an upgrade, at 1B. Why?

He is a GREAT clubhouse guy...

He has been on winning clubs, in recent years...

He is very good defensively...

He has 14 HR...good for top 10 in baseball, at his position...

He has a + .127 OBP...

Pena would also allow an AL team to move a poor defensive 1B to DH...

Pena would net a very solid prospect in return.

Ramirez would bring even more in return than Pena... The only obstacle is his no-trade clause... which the opportunity to be thrust into a playoff race, could entice Aramis to wave.

The Cubs will be a very active team at the deadline this season...and they have the players to fetch good returns on.

Suggested read http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...l-anybody-buy/

LeeEila's/rant Jun 27th 2011 8:21 am

Quadismodo call out Castro again for not hustleing . Yet Rammy can trot , Sori can only run first to third when he feels like it and veteran pitchers leave when the want to .

This guy is way over his head.

Banks Jun 27th 2011 9:59 pm

After his 2 home runs today, that makes 16 for the entire season, for Carlos Pena. That puts him at 6th in the entire NL among all positions, 3rd among 1B in the NL, and 5th among all 1B in baseball.

Yeah, he's got no trade value...:rolleyes:

LeeEila's/rant Jun 28th 2011 8:40 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banks (Post 79838)
After his 2 home runs today, that makes 16 for the entire season, for Carlos Pena. That puts him at 6th in the entire NL among all positions, 3rd among 1B in the NL, and 5th among all 1B in baseball.

Yeah, he's got no trade value...:rolleyes:

I am happy for Pena . I did not expect him to have such resurgence , much like Edmonds did . that was Edmonds last year of that production tho.

The problem is the $10 million in Pena . Will we get that much in return for him in prospects ? no. You have to look at the market for a said position player. At his position there are two very big dogs on the block .They have set the bar quite high and any team in need of a first base player will look to Prince and Albert as the high end of the market and Pena on the lower end and that is if the Cardinals don't start dumping and maybe put Berkman out there. So if you look at the number of players that play that position on the market then the number of teams in contention that need a first baseman the market is quite small .The current economics of baseball puts much more value on young prospects than limited future of aged veterans.

Value is set by the consumer. By there being a dearth of players who play his position , a small number of buyers and the current economics , his value has diminished due to no fault of his own.

AceCubbie Jun 28th 2011 9:21 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant (Post 79839)
I am happy for Pena . I did not expect him to have such resurgence , much like Edmonds did . that was Edmonds last year of that production tho.

The problem is the $10 million in Pena . Will we get that much in return for him in prospects ? no.

?

The Cubs don't need to get back $10 million in value for Pena. They just need to get whatever value they can get. The $10 million is a sunk cost; trade Pena for a prospect and a couple million in salary relief, and I'd say that's a successful move.

Banks Jun 28th 2011 9:53 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant (Post 79839)

The problem is the $10 million in Pena . Will we get that much in return for him in prospects ? no. You have to look at the market for a said position player. At his position there are two very big dogs on the block .They have set the bar quite high and any team in need of a first base player will look to Prince and Albert as the high end of the market and Pena on the lower end and that is if the Cardinals don't start dumping and maybe put Berkman out there. So if you look at the number of players that play that position on the market then the number of teams in contention that need a first baseman the market is quite small .The current economics of baseball puts much more value on young prospects than limited future of aged veterans.

Value is set by the consumer. By there being a dearth of players who play his position , a small number of buyers and the current economics , his value has diminished due to no fault of his own.

What the hell are you talking about? What do Albert Pujols and Prince Fielder, two guys who aren't getting traded at the deadline, have to do with Carlos Pena, someone who is getting traded at the deadline?

Pena is becoming a more and more attractive player, for teams in the middle of a pennant race. He's won before... He's a great clubhouse guy... He is a very good defensive player... He gets on base... He has tremendous power...

Pending on how hot Pena continues to be, and how much money the Cubs are willing to eat, results in how good of a prospect the Cubs will get in return for him. As of right now, the Cubs would get a very solid prospect in return for Pena, even if they ate only a few million.

LeeEila's/rant Jun 28th 2011 10:25 am

Quote:

What the hell are you talking about? What do Albert Pujols and Prince Fielder, two guys who aren't getting traded at the deadline, have to do with Carlos Pena, someone who is getting traded at the deadline?

It is business acquisition 101. If you need to invest in a first baseman and you expect to be in the bidding for either of these players , why expend resources on a stop gap player ? These teams will keep options open therefore removing themselves as bidders for Pena. So that will shrink takers for Pena more. Fewer buyers for your product becomes a lower price.

LeeEila's/rant Jun 28th 2011 10:31 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by AceCubbie (Post 79840)
?

The Cubs don't need to get back $10 million in value for Pena. They just need to get whatever value they can get. The $10 million is a sunk cost; trade Pena for a prospect and a couple million in salary relief, and I'd say that's a successful move.

It won't be a success . It was money poorly spent for an outcome that was going to be the same whether he was here or not. They would have got more if this was done with the money in the minor league trade avenue.

Because of Pena being here we will enter next year not knowing if we have a replacement for him currently in our system.

I will say if we do trade him and someone appears out of no where to take that position , then it won't be a total loss.

LeeEila's/rant Jun 29th 2011 9:05 am

I thought more about the trade of Pena. I went through and considered Jim Hendry's past trades and actions and I expect him to sign Pena to a three year no-trade deal at about $12 a year and back-loaded of course .

Banks Jul 9th 2011 6:44 am

Pena and Aramis continue to be big trade chips... Both have seen their value increase rapidly!

Bockstock Jul 19th 2011 8:53 pm

Fire this idiot now before he @#$#@ up Garza

LeeEila's/rant Jul 20th 2011 8:13 am

Quade's sole purpose is to make Hendry look good. He has to showcase all of Jim's acquisitions to make him look like the right GM.

Expect more DeWitt in critical situations . If Ram does go , don't expect Baker at third but Lead Legs DeWitt.

LeeEila's/rant Jul 20th 2011 4:11 pm

Beats on Castro for losing a ball in the sun but ignores that Dempster elevated every damn pitch he threw !!!!

Quade is a laughing stock but now he may be hurting the development of one of the Cubs real talent's .

Bockstock Jul 21st 2011 10:06 am

Hendry said he wanted to see how the team played once he got all the 'vets' back.

Well, since the 'vets' all came back from injuries, the Cubs have like a .35 winning percentage.

This should honestly be a full-scale rebuilding job. Thats even what most fans have wanted since the end of 2009. The farm system sucks. For cripes sakes, Darwin Barney and Jeff Samardzija are the two biggest products of the farm system since Wilken took over.

the sad thing is next year we'll likely be playing 4th fiddle again to Cincy, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, and maybe Milwaukee.

LeeEila's/rant Jul 21st 2011 10:21 am

Quote:

For cripes sakes, Darwin Barney and Jeff Samardzija are the two biggest products of the farm system since Wilken took over.

Yea , the Hairless Idiot calls out Barney for missing a ball in the sun , that neither him or Castro did a damn thing wrong , and doesn't even remark that the kid dived for a ball and hustled a throw in 98 degree day down 9-1 !
Give me a team full of players like that any day and I would never be down more than 3 in my division !!

No , there were about three others that Hendry traded for Garza . Archer - Garza lifetime numbers will only tell how bad the deal was.

This Quade thing is pathetic . He is such a worm that he has to pacify , the ones he is indebted to for a job that he was in no way prepared for , the veterans and Hendry.

How many freaking bad manager hires does Hendry get to make ???????????????????????

The whole Lou retirement hire should have launched him !

Bockstock Jul 21st 2011 11:28 am

yea, I'm not harping on Barney; its just every team has a guy or two like that in their system. Its great the cubs system can churn a utility infielder here or there like Harris, Theriot, Barney, Josh Harrison, but that's not going to go far to replace the corner outfielders or infielders.