View Single Post
Old Jul 24th 2008, 10:08 pm

My Mood:

Send a message via ICQ to VanMan Send a message via AIM to VanMan Send a message via MSN to VanMan Send a message via Yahoo to VanMan Send a message via Skype™ to VanMan
Peoria involved in major brawl

Right at the end of the 10 o'clock SportsCenter, they talked about a huge brawl between the Peoria Chiefs and the Dayton Dragons (Reds affiliate). First, two coaches were jawing at each other (I don't think Ryno was involved in the argument.) Then one of the Chief's players threw a ball at the Dragons' dugout, but it sailed into the stands and hit a woman. Both teams' dugouts emptied and chaos insued. At first, 17 players combined were thrown out, but then reinstated so they could finish the game. If Heather can get a link to the story from the Peoria paper, we can get all the details. I know the guy who threw the ball is facing felony assault charges. I wonder how many suspensions Minor League Baseball or the Midwest League will levy on the 17 players initially booted.