View Single Post
Old Dec 12th 2008, 12:37 am

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ryno4ever
Cubs new DVD

http://www.newcubsfilm.com/

BACK BACK HEY HEY!!
The Incredible History Of The Chicago Cubs

Directed By Chris White, Produced By Spencer M. Clarke, and Narrated By Tom Dreesen
This Picturesque Film Looks Back At Arguably The Most Storied Professional
Baseball Team In History: THE CHICAGO CUBS.

I got on Amazon.com the other night to do some Christmas shopping (living in the midwest makes it hard to get out when Mother Nature decides to dump a bunch of snow down on my days off work! )... I typed "Cubs" into the search box and a new Cubs dvd comes up.... my impulsiveness kicked in and immediately purchased it. Today, the movie came in the mail, and I was like Ralphie on Christmas morning when he got his bb gun, I ran home and threw the DVD into the DVD player, and played the movie.

It was filled with lots of historical facts, but I have to say I was really disappointed in it. It was literally a guy reading a Cubs history book with pictures flashing up on the screen. And gave an overall general history, mainly focusing on the years that the Cubs were in the post season. With the exception of Harry Caray singing "Take me out to the ballgame" after part one, and Jack Brickhouse's call of Ernie's 500th homer, it was Tom Dreesens reading the script...very blandly.

The movie's proceeds do go to charity, so that's a good thing.... but it is not one of the better DVD's I have seen on the Cubs....