fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:57 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Stupid move by Lilly/Quade

You never want to see your pitcher in a collision at the plate. That was the dumbest baserunning play I have seen. If Quade told him to go (after it was hit, Might have been told to go on contact before the pitch) he should be fired in the half inning. If Lilly went on his own he should be fined. You never want to see your pitcher in a collision at the plate. He could have been injured.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:31 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

With one out, Im sure the contact play was on and thats why Lily went. It was a dumb move on Lilys part to do that- but the growing question around this MB lately is why are we playing so bad- that play should give you the answer What in the hell was Soriano doing on the play? Why did he only wind up at 2b- where he started. Runners on second and third, no outs- Theriot and Lee cant hit one to the OF and leave it up to Aram with 2 away. Luckily he came through. This team is very bad fundamentally. Look at how the Cards got their run in the first. We basically gave them 270 free feet. A lead off single, balk, flyball, ground ball- run scores. Go ahead and pile on but these things go on every night. I know we are winnin g 4-1 at the moment and as Im typing Theriot hits into what should be his second tailor made DP of the night. Lou is terrified of Molina.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 10:40 pm
All-Star

My Mood:

I don't think the fact that he went was stupid, it's the collision that was. It was a high chopper and he chanced it. I have no problem with that. Just don't lower your throwing shoulder.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:50 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

I would normally agree with you but , after the way this team has been playing we needed someone to step up and show the tone for the game and Lilly did just that .

Pitchers set the tempo of the game and should show leadership on the field in all aspects of the game .

This is one example of many why I think we have the best rotation in the NL . Our pitchers always show guts and play thier best either at bat , on the mound , or running the bases.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:38 pm

My Mood:

Send a message via ICQ to VanMan Send a message via AIM to VanMan Send a message via MSN to VanMan Send a message via Yahoo to VanMan Send a message via Skype™ to VanMan
Jim Rome was actually praising Lilly this morning for going into Molina, because he might've heard Lou's rant Tuesday night, and he responded.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:44 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMan View Post
Jim Rome was actually praising Lilly this morning for going into Molina, because he might've heard Lou's rant Tuesday night, and he responded.
I don't think Lilly needs anyone to tell him to play hard . His nickname is " Bulldog " and he is a known nut . Nobody talks to him before the game because he is all amped up and you have no idea how he will react .

Like I said in an earlier post , there are two kinds of badass's , the BigZ kind that will pound you into the ground and the Lilly type that will pound you in the ground ,then go and burn down your house , just for good measures
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:47 pm
Veteran

My Mood:
I said this in the other thread about the same event, I didn't even see it and but I completely agree. This team needs a spark and a "we will run your ass over attitude" going into the playoffs. Elite athletes don't become elite athletes by thinking "oh, but I might get hurt". Win and win now!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:55 pm
Minor Leaguer

My Mood:

I said the same thing about Soriano staying at 2nd on the MLB cubs board and had a lengthy discussion with a fellow fan. He could have easily made it, but insteaqd he chose to watch the play. As for Theriot and Lee not being able to score the run, yes, this goes on day after day. We fail to tack on runs when they are right in front of us. It usually takes 3 hits and sometimes 4 to score a run with these baserunners.

What is so hard about starting a runner with Lee at the plate. Why do they not start Soriano with Theriot at the plate. These are the things that will give you a quick exit out of the playoffs.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 5:29 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

i love the fact that someone ran over the catcher. I would have just rather it NOT be a pitcher
Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:02 pm
Veteran

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenjamin View Post
i love the fact that someone ran over the catcher. I would have just rather it NOT be a pitcher
That is always the preference, however, this team has needed to have someone step and smack someone in the mouth.
Sponsored Links