fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > Holy Cow!
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Dec 10th 2007, 11:26 pm

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ryno4ever
UGH! I HATE THE OFFSEASON BLUES!

It hit hard today....so I watched the last game of the regular season.... where Alfanso led off with a homer against Arroyo.... and the crowd went wild everytime the scoreboard posted the Padres taking the lead in the Brewers/padres game.... and Dempster being absolutely crazy wild in the ninth inning, but no one seemed to even pay attention or care because the Cubs were up by 6....

I have watched Chasing October a couple of times.... dipped into the video collection from last season.... and it still doesn't seem like the countdown on the left of the page is going any faster.....

And one of the strangest things I realized I missed.... LEN KASPERS VOICE! The excitement in his voice on his homerun calls...or exciting plays. I pulled out the dvd of Aramis' walk off homer against the Brewers back in June, and actually recorded his call onto my phone and saved it as a ringtone! LOL!
Old Dec 10th 2007, 11:48 pm
MVP

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to BigZ38
Yes I was sitting at the computer today and my mom walked in and I said "I can't wait until the Cubs start playing again," she responded with laughter then said "It's going to be one long winter." I countered with "There's only 111 days left!" This is going to be one hella long offseason.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 2:57 pm
MVP

My Mood:

Send a message via AIM to HOLYCOW!25
Wow, I've been watching some of the clips they have from each game on Cubs.com, and I was watching Barrett's grand slam from the 06 season against the Cardinals. Now I really want baseball.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 4:12 pm

My Mood:

Send a message via ICQ to VanMan Send a message via AIM to VanMan Send a message via MSN to VanMan Send a message via Yahoo to VanMan Send a message via Skype™ to VanMan
Well, CSN replayed the Cubs-Rockies game which the Cubs blew the lead in the 9th, a fan rushed Howry, and the Cubs came back to win it in the bottom of the 9th. I think they'll have a couple more games coming up.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 6:20 pm
MVP

My Mood:

Send a message via AIM to HOLYCOW!25
I watched part of that game the other day. I really can't wait till Christmas when they replay the game I went to against the Brewers. It was near the end of the season, and I was in the bleachers and the Cubs came back from behind and it was the best game I have ever been to. And thinking about that in comparison to the game where Arizona eliminated the Cubs in the playoffs. Damn it still sucks to think about. I need another baseball season to get me over the last one now.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 12:41 am

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ryno4ever
I have HORRIBLE offseason blues today! I need baseball! UGH! I put in the Dee Lee 5 hit game off Derrek Lowe and the Dodgers....back in the Neifi Perez Era..... (LOL)... from my Cubs DVD set. I hadn't watched this one yet since I bought the DVD set, but it wasn't even the Cubs announcers, but Vin Scully (I believe.....) but still, it gave me a night of baseball......

Usually the sports talk radio stations around here start talking about the potential lineups, etc....at this time because the Bears are done...the Bulls might as well be done, and there isn't really a whole lot of other things to talk about.... but not this year. The sports talk radio is actually talking about hockey! (which good for them, it's good to hear the sport is coming back.....and McDonough is doing wonders for the Blackhawks for those who don't live around the Chicago area. Since the owner of the b'hawks died and his son took over, and hired our guy McDonough, the stands have started to fill back up.....)

Anyway, sorry for the babbling, I'm just really REALLY missing baseball tonight!
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 4:57 pm
Rookie

My Mood:

Yeah, I'm ready for the season to start NOW. The Bears were a disaster this season. Illinois football gave me an awesome diversion, but that's done with now. (Although, I find myself looking forward to the '08 college football season.) And the Bulls have disappointed so far...

But hey, less than three months until the Cubs begin their World Series run. I'm really anxious to see what else Hendry has in store for us before the season starts.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 5:38 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

this offseason seems longer then usual
Sponsored Links