fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > FP's Sports Pub > NFL Football
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Oct 3rd 2008, 3:07 am
Banned

Bears at Lions

The Bears go into Detroit to play a very weak Lions team who will be playing their first game without former team president Matt Millen. This looks like an easy win for the Bears right? Not so fast! ..... The Bears will be walking into Detroit very wounded. No Nathan Vasher or Tommy Harris. While Charles Tillman, Brandon Lloyd, and Marty Booker are questionable. That's alot of important parts to the Bears team! ..... I think this game comes down to the Bears ability to stop the Lions passing attack. The Lions have 2 explosive receivers in Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson. Those receivers will be going against a very young DB in Corey Graham. So the Bears MUST get pressure on John Kitna. Because everyone knows John Kitna doesn't like pressure! Look for rookie Marcus Harrison to make an impact Sunday. I can also see Mark Anderson showing he can still get to the QB. The Bears should get 4-5 sacks on sunday keeping John Kitna in "happy feet" mode. ..... On offense the Bears must stay aggressive. Attack a weak Lions secondary at every chance. Open things up for Matt Forte to make an impact and control field position. ..... I think the Bears get to a game over .500 on sunday. Bears 24 Lions 17
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 8:51 pm
Banned

It looks like Lloyd is out for Sundays game. There goes our best receiver(I just realized how sad that sounded).
Old Oct 4th 2008, 3:05 am
All-Star

My Mood:

Send a message via Yahoo to TRIPLE PLAY
Yeah...It does'nt look good,but it is Detriot (0-3)overall & (1-2)ats! If Lovie does the usual & plays who practices then the pickings r slim w/ R.Davis-D.Hester & rookie E.Bennett will be the only wideouts! At leat TE G.Olsen can possibly fill in there. Don't know the WHOLE story on suspended DT T.Harris,but words are excessive tardiness & slow rehab on his left knee.The bright side of the Bears continue to shine on rookie RB M.Forte,what a pleasant surprise he has been with his running & pass catching abilities! My only concern is that w/ a conservative offensive playbook,the Bears run him into the ground....literally!

Another Surprise early this year is the emergance of rookie SS K.Payne,Who I think is among the team leaders in tackles....(not good for the secondary)he did practice Friday (Neck) and should suit up.

Bears 26 Lions 16
Old Oct 4th 2008, 8:10 am
Banned

I think the Tommy Harris suspension has something to do with Harris not being happy with the Bears releasing his friend WR Mark Bradley. ..... I'm very intersted to see what Earl Bennett can to at WR. He's not fast. But he runs good routes, has good hands, and is a smart kid(Vandy).
Old Oct 6th 2008, 12:32 am
Banned

From the opening whistle the Bears out played the Lions. They had better personel on the field. And called a much better game from the coaches box. .......... Orton had him self a very good game today. He was accurate(24/34) and struck on some big plays down the field. He threw for 2 TD'S on 334 YDS. Ron Turner stayed with the aggressive approach he showed us against the Eagles. He's starting to realize that keeping teams on their toes is a fast way to a productive offense. Orton spread the ball out fairly to receivers like Olsen(3/87), Davis(6/97), and Hester(5/66). ... The O-line did a good job protecting Orton on Lions blitz packages. They did however struggle to open up holes for Matt Forte. Forte had a bad game on the ground(15/36 2.4 YPC). Part of it was the Bears continual play calls running up the middle. The other part was the O-line. John St. Claire is not a starter in this league. It will be good to get rookie Chris Williams in the mix soon. He's back and practicing with the team. He may be ready to go in 3 weeks. ... Matt Forte continues to be the focal point of the Bears offense. Although he struggled on the ground he did run for a TD in the red zone. He also caught a TD pass. The thing that won't get a ton of press but should be mentioned is Forte's blocking in the back field when ever the Lions blitzed. He stood his ground and protected Orton. I was glad to see the Bears give Kevin Jones 10 carries in an attempt to rest Forte some during a game. Smart move by Lovie. .......... The defense was great all game today. The pressure was consistent with 4 sacks and multiple pressures kept Lions QB's on their toes. Rookie Marcus Harrison continues to impress getting another sack today. While Dusty Dvoracek stuffed the run with Lance Briggs. Bears corners shut down the Lions talented WR's. A very solid showing by Corey Graham. This Bears defense needs to keep this intensity going into next week! .......... Nice dominating win by the Bears today. They now lead the NFC North. A game over .500 and battle tested the Bears continue to improve as a team. At this point they have to be the favorite to win the division!
Sponsored Links