fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate
View Poll Results: Biggest dissapointment: Wood or Prior?
Kerry Wood 6 33.33%
Mark Prior 12 66.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 6th 2007, 11:03 pm
Veteran

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Waveland007 Send a message via Yahoo to Waveland007
I agree Prior needs to grow a pair MANY coaches have told him he needs to learn how to realize the difference between injury pain and the pain of pitching every 5 days. Let's not forget the multiple times he's shut down rehabs because of stumach viruses or fleus. Also I can't stand Baker, BUT let's not be silly and blame him for things that had nothing to do with him. Clement had arm issues in San Diego and Florida, Wood had Tommy John surgery LONG before Baker was here, and Prior is just a puss. I can't say a bad thing about Kerry the man was always first to express his frustration and he's always been a class act, I remember when we lost in 03 right after game 7 he looks at reporters and says "you'll have to excuse me I just went out there and choked." He always expressed apologies for the injuries and when he took WAY less to stay here this year his actions didn't contradict his words. Prior actually had the nurve to ask for a raise in arbitration this year, what a joke.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 3:42 am
Minor Leaguer

i know that predictions can sometimes get a bit old.i've been a cub fan for along time.our 3 pitchers coming off of injuries i truely think will make a huge impact this year.i think wood becomes our closer by late may.wade miller makes the team as a starter and prior proves alot of us wrong and wins 17 games.now i'll sit back shut up and hope for the best.please dont tear me a new one too quick.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 6:52 am
All-Star

My Mood:

Wood did have TJ surgery, but most pitcher never have arm trouble again after the surgery. Wood does have bad mechanics, but Dusty Baker abuses pitchers. When a guy is 21 years old, he shouldn't be out there throwing 200+ innings. Arm problems are going to develop. Clement had minor arm injuries and in 2003 didn't miss a start so how bad were his arm problems in SD? A sore with 200+ innings will put you on the DL. Dusty Baker lkes his starters pitching 200+ innings (4 in 2003), but they need to be properly trained and prepared, especially when they are in their first few seasons in the league

Look at other teams in the league and what they do to their young pitching. Once they hit 150 or so innings they shut them down.

I will admit Wood has sloppy mechanics, but how did he get all the way to the big leagues without that being corrected??? A pitching coach is their for that. A young pitcher isn't going to care about their mechanics if what their doing is working.

There's bigger picture behind it. What are the pitchng coaches, trainers and managers doing? They have to have some responsability.

Arm problems don't just come out of nowhere, and saying a guy has no heart because his arm hurts is ridiculous. Do you think he likes to sit on the bench and get abused by the fans and media? I pitched at the high school and collegant level, and there is a definate difference from having a sore arm from pitching and an injury.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:20 am
All-Star

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to bringbacktuffy
I don't know. Dammit I really don't know. There are both so equally frustrating that i cant decide which is worse. Its all unfortunate no matter how much i roll the situation around i never come close to a decision. The chosen ones havent delivered and thats all we need to know.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 7:34 am

My Mood:

Send a message via Yahoo to Ryno23
As of today, I would have to say Prior. The problem with him is that his injuries have been mysterious of nature. Especially last season. If there was proof of some arm damage I wouldn't say this, but it seems to me he is being a baby. Now if he can come out and pitch like he did in '03 I would change my vote even if Wood is untouchable as a relief pitcher. Here's a guy who struck out 20 in what was one questionable hit from being the most perfectly pitched game in the history of baseball and now he can't go more than 60 pitches. But the proof of a problem with his arm is there.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:29 am
Veteran

My Mood:

Send a message via AIM to mickeyrom51 Send a message via Yahoo to mickeyrom51
And I thought I was overly negative,but you just took my crown.Couldnt we just wait and see?Maybe neither one will fail.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:58 am
Rookie

My Mood:

Prior, just out of the fact that they actually publicized is college career
Old Feb 9th 2007, 12:08 pm
All-Star

My Mood:
My only 2 Cub jersey's are Wood and Prior, so i'm really disappointed with both right now lol. They havent been healthy since i bought the damn things.
Sponsored Links