fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > Holy Cow!
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Dec 19th 2007, 8:59 am

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ryno4ever
2007 Fogpog Awards

Okay...so I'm bored.... and the end of the year is coming up. It has been a very eventful year, on and off the field. This little "project" will help us reflect on what a roller coaster ride this past year has been. I will not give "options".... this is strictly going to be how YOU view the following categories! Try, however, to be specific rather than general in the answers.

1. Most memorable Cub moment of 2007:

2. Funniest Cub moment of 2007:

3. Happiest Cub moment of 2007:

4. Most frustrating Cub moment:

5. Which Cub are you most proud of:

6. Your 2007 Mr. Cub of the year:

7. The most heartbreaking moment of 2007:

8. The Goat of the year:

9. In the future, looking back on 2007, what is ONE moment you will remember about the 2007 season?

10. Favorite "off field" story:

11. Most memorable seventh inning stretch singer:

12. Most exciting game of the year:

13. Most exciting player of the year:

14. Most bizarre moment of the year:

15. "Hats off to" award (can be more than one!)

(if you think of any other categories, I will edit the post and add them on!)
Old Dec 19th 2007, 9:29 am

My Mood:
I have to go with the dirt kicking tirade that Lou went on. Yes, it was "planned" but as he kicked that dirt, threw his hat, bumped his belly, it was like he was releasing not only his frustrations, but it gave an outlet for all of us to release that emotion as well.

Bob Howry was on the mound when a drunk fan ran across the field toward the mound and the bat boy sprints out and tackles the guy.... and Howry showed NO EMOTION whatsoever! Now, for those who haven't been to Wrigley lately, the ball boy is quite a hit for those fans who sit by where he does. Anytime he sprints out to give the umpire some more balls or to retrieve a bat, it is a dead sprint and he ususally gets a very warm applause from the crowd EVERY TIME! So to see him sprint out to save the day that night was pretty comical!

3. Happiest Cub moment of 2007: The obvious one would be the clincher, but that wasn't near as exciting as it could have been since the Cubs didn't know until well after their game that it was time to celebrate, so I am going to go with something else.

May 19th. White Sox were at Wrigley. Saturday afternoon game on Fox. Derrek Lee had been sitting out for the past week with neck spasms. It was a HUGE sellout crowd.
The White Sox had taken a 6-5 lead in the eighth on Paul Konerko's leadoff homer off Bob Howry. But the Cubs answered right back in the bottom half. Ryan Theriot tripled to lead off against David Aardsma (2-1), and one out later, scored on Soriano's single. Aramis Ramirez then tripled to right, driving in Soriano to give the Cubs the lead. Daryle Ward was intentionally walked, and Michael Barrett was safe on an infield single that deflected off Aardsma to load the bases. Then came Lee in off the bench to replace Jones in the batting order.....Logan got Lee to swing at the first pitch, a curve, and it was a horrible swing.... he worked the count to 3-1, and then connected for the Cubs' first pinch-hit grand slam since Barrett did so May 28, 2004, against Pittsburgh! I was jumping up and down in my living room!

4. Most frustrating Cub moment: In the last game of the playoffs, Arizona starter Livan Hernandez walked the bases loaded with one out. The crowd was deafening with DeRosa at the plate, but he hit into an inning-ending double play. Kinda summed up the whole season with one at bat.

Carlos Marmol....hands down....

6. Your 2007 Mr. Cub of the year: Lou Pinella. He took this team worst to first in a year and set a new tone for the club.

7. The most heartbreaking moment of 2007: Watching the Arizona Diamondbacks celebrate on our field

8. The Goat of the year: Will OH-MAN!

9. In the future, looking back on 2007, what is ONE moment you will remember about the 2007 season?
Trailing 5-3 with one out in the Chicago ninth against Brewers closer Francisco Cordero (0-2), who had 27 saves, Alfonso Soriano and Mike Fontenot each singled. Derrek Lee hit a sacrifice fly, and Ramirez launched the first pitch, a hanging slider, into the left-field bleachers. It's the Cubs' first walkoff homer in more than two years! And Len's home run call...THERE'S A DRIVE, DEEP LEFT CENTER, CUBS WIN! OH, BABY!

10. Favorite "off field" story: Kerry Wood and his wife holding their annual bowl-a-thon that raised money for Project 3000.

11. Most memorable seventh inning stretch singer: The Ultimate 7th inning stretch winner.

12. Most exciting game of the year: June 16th, even though it was a loss, it was a very very exciting game:
As a fight broke out between the Cubs and the Padres (Lee and Young) on a muggy Saturday afternoon, Carlos Zambrano was inside the clubhouse changing his jersey and undershirt, trying to stay fresh after his fourth inning of no-hit ball.

Zambrano knows a thing or two about fighting at Wrigley Field after getting into a scuffle with his own catcher earlier this month. And while he had the no-hitter going, Zambrano came running out of the clubhouse in a feisty mood. He was restrained by teammates and coaches and pushed up the third-base line as the teams squabbled behind the plate during the fourth inning. This was the day I met Ron Santo in Peoria at a Chiefs game, and Ron was SOOOOO relieved that Zambrano did NOT throw a no no because he would have not been there to see it.

I put this as the most exciting of the year because we were on the edge of our seats throughout pretty much the WHOLE game.

13. Most exciting player of the year: DeRosa

14. Most bizarre moment of the year: Zambrano vs Barrett, round 1

-Hendry for putting together a really solid team
-Lou for taking the team in a winning direction
-Lilly for stepping up and being lights out
-DeRosa for being so versitile....
-our bullpen for showing us that Chicago CAN have a reliable bullpen
-Theriot for being a workhorse and sparkplug
-my fellow fogpoggers who helped make this year so special!!
Old Dec 19th 2007, 5:47 pm
All-Star

My Mood:

1. Most memorable Cub moment of 2007:Lou's ejection, it seemed to turn the whole season around.

2. Funniest Cub moment of 2007: Listening to the fans "comments" to Bonds at the game I went to(sat in left field bleachers the day bonds hit the 2 hrs)

3. Happiest Cub moment of 2007: We won the NL Central!

4. Most frustrating Cub moment: We sucked in the playoffs!

5. Which Cub are you most proud of: Kerry Wood for making it back and playing well.

6. Your 2007 Mr. Cub of the year: Jaque Jones for stepping up and playing big.

7. The most heartbreaking moment of 2007: Losing in the NLDS!

8. The Goat of the year: Z and Barret for fighting in the dugout

9. In the future, looking back on 2007, what is ONE moment you will remember about the 2007 season? Lou's Tirade

10. Favorite "off field" story: The decision to honor Ernie Banks w/a statue. Can't wait to see it.

11. Most memorable seventh inning stretch singer: I don't know, it's not the same as Harry.

12. Most exciting game of the year: To many to name

13. Most exciting player of the year: I thought Aram was with his D and clutch hrs

14. Most bizarre moment of the year: The fight

(if you think of any other categories, I will edit the post and add them on!)

-The Fans for always turning out!
Old Dec 20th 2007, 7:25 pm
MVP

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to BigZ38
1. Most memorable Cub moment of 2007: Aramis' walkoff against Milwaukee....I won't ever forget that!

2. Funniest Cub moment of 2007: Drunken fan incident

3. Happiest Cub moment of 2007: Clinching the playoffs

4. Most frustrating Cub moment: Playoff series against Arizona

5. Which Cub are you most proud of: Mark DeRosa.....who thought he'd be that valuble to us when we signed him?

6. Your 2007 Mr. Cub of the year: Carlos Marmol....Stabalizing force in the 'pen, also PURE DOMINATION!

7. The most heartbreaking moment of 2007: Once again Arizona

8. The Goat of the year: OH-MAN!

9. In the future, looking back on 2007, what is ONE moment you will remember about the 2007 season? The fight in the dugout

10. Favorite "off field" story: Project 3000

11. Most memorable seventh inning stretch singer: Anyone

12. Most exciting game of the year: When the Rockies came back from 8 and then we came back and won

13. Most exciting player of the year: Ramirez

14. Most bizarre moment of the year: When Lee and Young fought.....odd that 2 well mannered guys got into it.

15. "Hats off to" award (can be more than one!) Ryan Theriot for winning the SS job
Old Dec 24th 2007, 11:20 am
MVP

Send a message via AIM to DLee25
Rammy hitting the walk off homer.
Well following the walk off, Rammy walks to the dugout, and gets violated, im glad izzy isn't here anymore
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpC5bdyYwCU
Winning the central
Losing in the playoffs
Kerry Wood, coming back and showing what he really is.
Marmol, outstanding season.
Refer to #4
8. The Goat of the year:
Oh-Man, easily.
Barrett fighting with pitchers.
All of the contributions to PROJECT 3000
I would have to go with, the guy who won that contest.
When Lee tried to fight.
Marmol / DeRosa
Everyone fighting in the dugout?

All of Cubs Management/Everyone, for a great year for turning our club around.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 1:41 pm
MVP

My Mood:

Send a message via AIM to HOLYCOW!25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno4ever View Post
4. Most frustrating Cub moment: In the last game of the playoffs, Arizona starter Livan Hernandez walked the bases loaded with one out. The crowd was deafening with DeRosa at the plate, but he hit into an inning-ending double play. Kinda summed up the whole season with one at bat.
Imagine being there when that happened. It was like opening up the best gift you could of ever imagined getting, and then having it taken away from you. Worst moment ever.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 5:00 pm
All-Star

My Mood:

Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I have been on....being a dad is a FULLTIME job!!!! It's great to be back.

Too many to name!!!

Lou's Tirade.....Classic!!!

Clinching the division.

The playoffs.

Ted Lilly

Marmol

See question #4

8. The Goat of the year:
Do I even have to say his name? It starts with an O and ends with a MAN.

I can't pinpoint a single moment so I say the whole season.

Project 3000

Ronnie Santo

The Colorado game...I about had a heart attack!!!

Dero

Z and Barrett

15. "Hats off to" award
The bullpen in the second half of the season
Old Dec 25th 2007, 3:59 am

My Mood:
Welcome back, diehardnorthsider!
Old Dec 25th 2007, 3:33 pm

My Mood:

Send a message via ICQ to VanMan Send a message via AIM to VanMan Send a message via MSN to VanMan Send a message via Yahoo to VanMan Send a message via Skype™ to VanMan
The signing of Ted Lilly when Jim Hendry was hooked up to a EKG.

Mt. St. Lou eruption on June 2, just classic Lou Piniella going off on the ump, just what I wanted to see him do to fire up the troops.

A tie: The A-Ram walk-off vs. Milwaukee (I was at work, and just heard Ronnie go crazy in the background as Pat shout the home run call) and the night the Cubs clinched the division (after watching the game on CSN, we all checked up on the Brewer game on MLB Gameday or MLB.TV).

Lou's mistake of taking out Z in game 1 of the NLDS to "try to save him for game 4."

Gio Soto, because he showed he's going to be the backstop of the future of the Cubs.

Sam Fuld, after his crashing catch into the bricks and ivy in late September that may have saved the Cubs' division championship.

Marmol giving up the homer in game 1 that put the D-bags ahead.

8. The Goat of the year:
Will Ohman, 'nuff said.

The Rockies game when the Cubs gave up the big lead in the ninth, only to win it in the bottom half. That's when we all knew that this team was in it to win it.

Has to be "Project 3000," as D-Lee is working with the UI Hospitals, at the my alma mater.

Can't say who's most memorable, but they have to make Ron the permanent replacement for Harry.

Either the Colorado blow-it-and-come-back game or the Milwaukee A-Ram walk-off.

Carlos Marmol. He has that straight-from-the-clubs electric slider.

The fan that came out to chew out Howry against Colorado only to be tackled by one of the ball dudes.

Alfonso Soriano for his many outfield assists
Derrek Lee for showing how valuable he is
Gio Soto for earning a spot on the post-season roster after being a September call-up

Here's looking forward to 2008!
Old Dec 26th 2007, 3:13 pm

My Mood:
I may have to change my vote on the most bizarre play..... I just remembered about Cedeno getting thrown out at second on a WALK when he was trying to steal and overslid the bag!

or..... Sammy Sosa getting his 600th career home run against the only team in baseball he hadn't homered against....with the pitcher (Marquis) wearing number 21, the first player to do so since Sammy's departure from the North Side.
Sponsored Links