fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:02 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

The real key to the Cubs season

I was talking with one of my friends at work, who is almsot as big of a Cubs fan as Santo. And I have to agree with what he said. he said, that the real key to our season, the main player we need to have success is Soto.

If our 4 or 5 starter fails, we have plenty of optins in the minors (if we dnt make a trade) So we have plenty of otions there.

If Pie fails, we have Fuld or Colvin or Cedeno.

the only place we dont have a real good backup or emergency plan is at Catcher. If Soto cant continue to play good major league ball like he did last season and inthe playoffs, we have Blanco and Hill. Not very good options to be an every day catcher. Soto is the real key to this season.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:08 pm
Veteran

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenjamin View Post
I was talking with one of my friends at work, who is almsot as big of a Cubs fan as Santo. And I have to agree with what he said. he said, that the real key to our season, the main player we need to have success is Soto.

If our 4 or 5 starter fails, we have plenty of optins in the minors (if we dnt make a trade) So we have plenty of otions there.

If Pie fails, we have Fuld or Colvin or Cedeno.

the only place we dont have a real good backup or emergency plan is at Catcher. If Soto cant continue to play good major league ball like he did last season and inthe playoffs, we have Blanco and Hill. Not very good options to be an every day catcher. Soto is the real key to this season.
Maybe we should make a trade for Mauer or Martinez... Just kidding. A man needs to have dreams though.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:16 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

lol, would be nice..... having Soto backing them up????? WS here we come
Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:42 pm
All-Star

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to bringbacktuffy
Quality backstops are certainly a commodity these days, however I think Blanco is as good a backup as any in the league and would be a solid stop-gap until a suitable replacement is found should Soto not work out for whatever reason. Im not sure if he's the biggest key, but definately one of the major ones.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:46 pm
Veteran

My Mood:
Send a message via MSN to Leprechaun
the national league is starting to turn to a more offesivly strong catcher, i think soto is definatly that, you see all these guys that come up from the minors with high averages and such. The reason i think soto is the real deal is trainers said he needed to lose weight to succeed and he did and on top of that his numbers in the minors werent just a great batting average .353 but he also had .424 OBP , 26 home runs and 109 RBI's in less than 400 AB's and if im wrong than i think a healthy Henry Blanco is a great back-up. He can call a great game and is pretty good behind that plate even though his offense is average at best
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:16 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Your strength is always in the middle catch , ss , cf . The key will be cleaning up our lead off and centerfield . Roberts will answer this . That is why he will be signed by the 13th .
Old Feb 10th 2008, 10:28 am
Veteran

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant View Post
Your strength is always in the middle catch , ss , cf . The key will be cleaning up our lead off and centerfield . Roberts will answer this . That is why he will be signed by the 13th .
Do you have some inside info?
Old Feb 10th 2008, 11:00 am
MVP

My Mood:

I think the key is always pitching,it starts with pitching and ends with pitching.Lilly,if this guy does not have a year that he did last year,we are F**ked,if Z ,Lilly and Hill don"t acheive double digit victories then we are screwed, simple as that.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 11:44 am
MVP

My Mood:
I think Hill is in for a big breakout season. Soto will not hit .389 again but he should hit between .290 and .300 with about 15 HR which will be a big boost. I think it is more important for Pie to do well at the dish. With his D and Fukudomes D and Soriano's improved D we will have a good defense all around. I agree we need a more typical leadoff hitter. Soriano is right that he only bats leadoff once a game, but his OBP is not that great. If we can get that leadoff man on base more and strike first we will win a lot of games.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:03 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

the 13th? ok, spill it. Where did you get the photos of Mcfail?
Sponsored Links