fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Apr 26th 2008, 11:31 am

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ryno4ever
I feel so much better!

Wow! I didn't even think about looking at the standings this morning. The last I looked at the scoreboard last night, Milwaukee was tied in extras at 0 and St. Louis was winning..... so I was super bummed out because I thought our very mariginal lead was going to diminish, but they both lost last night, so our 1.5 game lead stayed in tact. So, last night was our "freebie".... let's hope Big Z gets this team back on track tonight.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 11:53 am
All-Star

My Mood:

I know what you mean there. Right after the game, I was actually looking at ESPN ticker and seeing what both the Cards and Brewers were doing. I can't believe I am scoreboard watching in April...lol.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 1:03 pm

My Mood:
I told Mara (Aramfan) that we are all going to end up in straightjackets by the end of the season.

I think that we were on such a intense ride at the end of last season, and it ended so abruptly that as soon as it picked back up, our intensity was resumed from last season.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 1:09 pm
Veteran

It is nice not to have all of my friends saying not to get excited because it's early in the season. Instead everybody is excited about the possibilities this year. It's just nice not to hear all of the negativity from my friends this year that I had to put up last year. I'm not saying the cubs are the only team that can win the central but I think it is going to be a great race.

Also I'd like to thank Scuba. I signed up for this website on opening day before the game and I've had problems ever since activating my account. Scuba, you were very helpful. Thanks to you and everyone who helps with this great site.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 1:11 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

im loving this season, because the team is looking great. but im not looking at the standings yet
Old Apr 26th 2008, 1:25 pm

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukudome's Homie View Post
It is nice not to have all of my friends saying not to get excited because it's early in the season. Instead everybody is excited about the possibilities this year. It's just nice not to hear all of the negativity from my friends this year that I had to put up last year. I'm not saying the cubs are the only team that can win the central but I think it is going to be a great race.

Also I'd like to thank Scuba. I signed up for this website on opening day before the game and I've had problems ever since activating my account. Scuba, you were very helpful. Thanks to you and everyone who helps with this great site.
Welcome to the site! Glad you were able to get your account acitvated and join us.

And how can one NOT get excited about what we are seeing? Good baseball in april!!!!! And.... in first place!!!!! I want to be able to hear in October how Cubs took over first place three weeks into the season and never looked back!
Old Apr 26th 2008, 1:39 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiCubs1984 View Post
I know what you mean there. Right after the game, I was actually looking at ESPN ticker and seeing what both the Cards and Brewers were doing. I can't believe I am scoreboard watching in April...lol.
I have given in to the temptation of scoreboard watching already too. I keep the mlb scoreboard and standings up on my computer. I just minimize them, and check them at the appropriate intervals. AND I've had one TV on the D'Backs game almost every night this week! I'm going to drive myself crazy starting all of this in April!
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:24 am
All-Star

My Mood:

Yeah, I work on the railroad, so I don't get to watch as many games as want to because I'm on the the road alot, but I have this sports hotline that I've been calling about every 30 minutes when I'm on the train and there's a game going.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 4:38 am
Veteran

My Mood:

I look at the standings, but don't start taking the standings serious until June 1st. This doesn't mean I think a game in April isn't as important as a game in September b/c they are just important. The reason I do this is two months of games played is a better gauge of a teams strength opposed to a week or week(s). After 60 games, it's easier to evaluate a team b/c they have likely gone through some winning streaks & losing streaks & how this team looks & reacts to those streaks. I have early observations about this team. A series loss to the Nationals is disappointing. It's just a down in a teams ups & downs that every team in MLB goes through in this marathon season.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 6:09 am
All-Star

My Mood:

Send a message via Yahoo to Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiCubs1984 View Post
Never to early to scoreboard watch.

Sponsored Links