fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > FP's Sports Pub > NFL Football
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Sep 23rd 2008, 2:08 am
Banned

Eagles at Bears

Alot is in question for this weeks game vs the Eagles. Will Brain Westbrook play? How healthy is Donovan MCnabb? Will the Bears make the necessary adjustments on defense? Regardless this sunday nights game against the Eagles should be a physical one! ..... I think the key to this Sundays game for the Bears is how well their offensive line plays. Can they hold off the constant blitz packaging sent by the Eagles defense? This is going to be Matt Forte's game because I don't see Kyle Orton being able to pass against the Eagles secondary. This game will be won or loss by the Bears upfront. ..... In order to win the Bears are going to need a TD from either the offense or special teams. Devin Hester should be able to play. So that obviously increases those chances. ..... I think because of the health problems the Eagles have on the offenseive side of the ball, along with the Bears ability to score on defense/special teams the Bears will control this game against a superior opponent. Bears 13 Eagles 10
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:10 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

I hope you are right with your score. Heck I would take 3-0 as long as the Bears win. There is no way Westbroofs will be 100 percent. The Eagles Dline and Blitz killed the Steelers but didnt touch Romo. With that being said, I dont think the Bears WRs can get separation from the Eagles DBs. Im hoping to see Orton throw less than 15 times this game and when he does throw look for Forte out of the backfield. The Eagles run defense has been stoudt all year but I have to give you guys the nod in this one coming off of two tough losses.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 12:56 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIPPER 11 View Post
I hope you are right with your score. Heck I would take 3-0 as long as the Bears win. There is no way Westbroofs will be 100 percent. The Eagles Dline and Blitz killed the Steelers but didnt touch Romo. With that being said, I dont think the Bears WRs can get separation from the Eagles DBs. Im hoping to see Orton throw less than 15 times this game and when he does throw look for Forte out of the backfield. The Eagles run defense has been stoudt all year but I have to give you guys the nod in this one coming off of two tough losses.
Yea this should be a tough game for both offenses. I can see it coming down to the defense or special teams scoring a TD.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 1:46 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bims View Post
Yea this should be a tough game for both offenses. I can see it coming down to the defense or special teams scoring a TD.
The Bears are definately known for being able to take it to the house via defense or special teams.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 5:17 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIPPER 11 View Post
The Bears are definately known for being able to take it to the house via defense or special teams.
I gotta say Skip, your team is the best in the NFL. They need to shape up that D a little. But as a whole it's the best in the league.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 10:14 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

It is going to come down to a woopin on the Bears. The Eagles line is going to play daddy to the Bears defence. There is one defencive player that plays his position well , for the Bears , Dusty Devorachek .

I expect the Eagles to show all the holes in this Bears team . They will exploit the weak O line ( look for Olan to be on his back a couple times ) and as for Dumb Lovey's Tampa Two defence , they will get walked all over . Can't wait for this poor offence sceme to be exposed once again .

This is a bad Bears team and nobody in the coaches team is smart enough to know it . the ownership of this team is more interested in having a head coach that chews with his mouth closed and doesn't tell of color jokes than , having a winning team on the feild .
Old Sep 28th 2008, 3:25 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant View Post
It is going to come down to a woopin on the Bears. The Eagles line is going to play daddy to the Bears defence. There is one defencive player that plays his position well , for the Bears , Dusty Devorachek .

I expect the Eagles to show all the holes in this Bears team . They will exploit the weak O line ( look for Olan to be on his back a couple times ) and as for Dumb Lovey's Tampa Two defence , they will get walked all over . Can't wait for this poor offence sceme to be exposed once again .

This is a bad Bears team and nobody in the coaches team is smart enough to know it . the ownership of this team is more interested in having a head coach that chews with his mouth closed and doesn't tell of color jokes than , having a winning team on the feild .
The Bears aren't as bad as you make them out to be. But they aren't as good as they think they are. They are solid on defense(not a great defense like they think they are). They are below average on offense with a good young RB. They are above average on special teams. And they are average at best in the coaching department. ... Don't forget about Tommy Harris on that defensive line. I know he hasn't gotten off to a strong start. But Dusty Dvoracek and Tommy Harris aren't even in the same league. Tommy Harris is special! ... I think the Bears will at the very least keep this game close. I think a score by either the defense or special teams gives the Bears a voctory today.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 2:54 am
Banned

Big win for the Bears on Sunday. A huge 4 down goal line stop, along with some agressive offense helped the Bears even their season record. ..... I'm glad Ron Turner let Kyle Orton play a little sunday. Being consevative plays into opposing defenses game plans. Why not keep them on their toes by passing alot? Matt Forte is good. But he already leads the league in rushing attempts this season. The Bears have to keep him fresh! Kevin Jones looks good. Use him more. ..... The defense finally did something they haven't been able to do all season: CLOSE A GAME! Alex Brown, Dusty Dvoracek, and Lance Briggs led the way for the Bears Defense! ..... Bog win for the Bears! Hopes remain alive to win a mediocre division.
Sponsored Links