fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > General fogpog > Suggestions & Feedback
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Feb 12th 2011, 1:46 pm
All-Star

My Mood:

"Cubs fans"

I hope all of you noticed the quotes. For the life of me I cannot understand WHY some people on this board have to attack us fans who just love the Chicago Cubs, watch the games, know the history, enjoy seeing the team take the field for 162 days of the year. I might not know every detail, every stat of every Cub lets say Soriano I don't know his BA, OBP, but I know and what I do care about that he is batting 6th in the lineup, I know his tendencies at the plate, and wish he would steal a base when he does get on. This is what I care about. You people on here who attack us "casual" fans maybe you should stop analysing every freaking aspect of the Chicago Cubs and go back to what baseball supposed to be FUN! a day at the ol ballpark, have a hotdog and a beer, check out a girl in a bikini like Harry used to. In other words lighten up!!
Old Feb 12th 2011, 8:39 pm

My Mood:

Send a message via ICQ to VanMan Send a message via AIM to VanMan Send a message via MSN to VanMan Send a message via Yahoo to VanMan Send a message via Skype™ to VanMan
CC84: The thing is many of us Cub fans are wanting to be able to celebrate a championship, which means we want whoever is running the team (whether it be the Tribune Co. or the Ricketts family as owners, Jim Hendry or whoever as GM, Dusty, Lou or Mike as the manager) to make the right decisions to put the team in the right direction for that end. It's been now 102 years (103 in the coming season) since the Cubs last won the World Series, and plenty of times, we've been teased "this is THE year" only to see the Cubs blow it all away. From the first taste of success in 1984 (but blowing a 2-0 series lead to the Padres in a best-of-five) to being five outs away from the penant in 2003 (Bartman, followed by Prior's collapse) to the last two post-season appearances (swept by seemingly inferior NL West champs), we are hungry to see a winner.

Your approach, to have fun, is fine for those "casual" fans you say you are, but there are die hard fans who have been with the team through thick and thin and are just wanting to see the Cubs win the whole ball of wax before they die. We think of all the Cubs players and announcers who have come through the organization that unfortunately could not taste that ultimate prize since the days of Tinker to Evers to Chance and Three-Finger Brown.

The analysis might be a bit much, but like I said, we want to see the best team of nine players that can be possible to put out on Wrigley Field each afternoon.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 2:36 pm
All-Star

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMan View Post
CC84: The thing is many of us Cub fans are wanting to be able to celebrate a championship, which means we want whoever is running the team (whether it be the Tribune Co. or the Ricketts family as owners, Jim Hendry or whoever as GM, Dusty, Lou or Mike as the manager) to make the right decisions to put the team in the right direction for that end. It's been now 102 years (103 in the coming season) since the Cubs last won the World Series, and plenty of times, we've been teased "this is THE year" only to see the Cubs blow it all away. From the first taste of success in 1984 (but blowing a 2-0 series lead to the Padres in a best-of-five) to being five outs away from the penant in 2003 (Bartman, followed by Prior's collapse) to the last two post-season appearances (swept by seemingly inferior NL West champs), we are hungry to see a winner.

Your approach, to have fun, is fine for those "casual" fans you say you are, but there are die hard fans who have been with the team through thick and thin and are just wanting to see the Cubs win the whole ball of wax before they die. We think of all the Cubs players and announcers who have come through the organization that unfortunately could not taste that ultimate prize since the days of Tinker to Evers to Chance and Three-Finger Brown.

The analysis might be a bit much, but like I said, we want to see the best team of nine players that can be possible to put out on Wrigley Field each afternoon.
Van you know I bleed Cubbie blue! I been watching this team since I first went to Wrigley Field in 1983. My whole summer is watching/listening to the Cubs or being a ballhawk on Waveland Ave. I watched and seen the 1984 season hooping and hollering during the Sandberg game along with my grandfather and seeing him cry when Leon Durham's error in game 5 cost the Cubs the pennant. I seen game 2 of the 1989 NLCS the only game the Cubs won that series. I seen the homerun chase of 1998. I cried like a baby after game 7 of the 2003 NLCS. I personally wanted to slaughter LaTroy Hawkins during the 2004 season meanwhile watching the Cubs lose 7 of 9 games against the Reds and Mets. I was so excited when the Cubs won back to back division titles in 07 and 08. I been there man!! No one can say I don't love my team its just the fact I don't take it so seriously that I get slammed for comments I make because I don't know every stat, every pitch, know exactly who is on the 40 man roster. I dream of the Cubs in the World Series and one day winning it. The problem is some people here take it too seriously and ruins it for people like me who love seeing 25 men in the 3rd baseline dugout of Wrigley Field take the field. I am hungry too trust me but not too hungry I would slam someone who couldn't tell me the career batting average of Koyie Hill with runners in scoring position with two out. This is my point!