fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Aug 5th 2011, 8:43 pm
MVP

My Mood:
Some Life

I was beginning to think that this team didn't have a winning streak in em. My prediction that this is a .500 team would be quite the accomplishment at this point.

Anyway I'll enjoy this while it lasts.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 5:40 pm

My Mood:

Send a message via ICQ to VanMan Send a message via AIM to VanMan Send a message via MSN to VanMan Send a message via Yahoo to VanMan Send a message via Skype™ to VanMan
I agree with ya there. The way this team played most of this season, a three-game streak would've been a pipe dream. Now, they've won seven in a row! Where was this play in April and May?
Old Aug 7th 2011, 10:04 am
MVP

My Mood:
Don't get carried away. They still suck badly
Old Aug 7th 2011, 8:26 pm

My Mood:

Send a message via ICQ to VanMan Send a message via AIM to VanMan Send a message via MSN to VanMan Send a message via Yahoo to VanMan Send a message via Skype™ to VanMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEYHEY View Post
Don't get carried away. They still suck badly
Well, the record says they're horrible, but they just got themselves into a hot streak... until today.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 7:53 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

I am afraid that a .500 season and late season play will just make us suffer through this same team next year.

We are facing tired pitching with fresh pitching due to our early injuries. Having some speed on the bases now , has also helped.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:11 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

haha my thought Lee Exactly, the Cubs can't even suck the right way. Hendry/Quade are playing for their jobs next year. Colvin hasn't even played in half the games since he's been up here.

That being said, I don't mind beating other division teams like Dusty.

We need to beat the Pirates, so we can erase them from Hendry's 2012 team model, as he seems to believe they were a team that just got lucky this year ('if the pirates can compete this year, why not us next year'), rather than are built from 3-4 years of trading their star players and good drafting and player development

I'm starting to believe Hendry will be back next year, unfortunately. Ricketts doesn't seem willing to eat his $3 million on whatever, despite whatever ticket and attendance losses keeping him will incur.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:53 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Ricketts doesn't have a care about the baseball team. He just wants to return to the biggest bar in Chicago era of the 80's

The more I hear from him , I can tell he never once watched a game when he was in the bleachers.

I really think we have now , the worst owner we could have ever imagined.

I can hear hendry now , to Ricketts - " See ? I told you once we got our pitching back it would work " and Ricketts , being ignorant of baseball buying into it completly !
Old Aug 9th 2011, 10:55 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

I have to disagree somewhat, Lee

Ricketts has been good on his promise of amatuer talent, 3 of the top 30 Latin American prospects signed, improving cubs facilities in the DR (which were among the worst of teams there). I also like he is touring and meeting with each of the minor league affiliates. The Cubs are signing more amatuer talent both internationally and through the draft since the late 90s/early 2000s when (coincidentally under Hendry) they had a top 5 farm system.

Its too bad the Cubs aren't going to go after someone like Andrew Friedman, who apparently the Astros will pursue as GM once the season is over.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 12:43 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

I know what you mean Bock , here is what he was saying when he was in here in Peoria

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/x555040...ing-foundation

He says many of the right things but just seems so guarded about addressing the big issues of management.

It could be his business MO and he feels safer being secretive about his intentions.

I hope he is on top of everything.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 12:23 pm
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant View Post
I know what you mean Bock , here is what he was saying when he was in here in Peoria

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/x555040...ing-foundation

He says many of the right things but just seems so guarded about addressing the big issues of management.

It could be his business MO and he feels safer being secretive about his intentions.

I hope he is on top of everything.
It does seem logical to be tight-lipped if you're planning on cleaning house, but know you can't do it yet (or, know that it wouldn't solve anything by doing it yet, because you can't interview your preferred candidates until after the season).
Sponsored Links