fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Feb 28th 2007, 12:52 am

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ryno4ever
Wrigley Rules

Wrigley will open it's doors in soon. There are a lot of people who are going to be attending the Friendly Confines for the first time and probably could use a little of the Wrigley Rules of Etiquette...and helpful hints to make their experience the most it can be. Here are the ones I could think of...

* Don't drive unless you have to. The red line (el) drops you off right there at Wrigley. Parking is horrible and expensive.
Here is the website for the Chicago Public Transportation Authority....http://www.rtachicago.com/ It's really an easy way to get to Wrigley!

*Get there plenty early. For bleachers, it is first come, first serve for seats. I believe they open the gates two hours before gametime and you can go in and watch batting practice. And, for sitting in the bleachers, it is a good time to try to catch a ball.

*I'm assuming you know the bleacher rule that if the opposing team hits a home run, you MUST throw it back. (Now, some cheat and take along a couple of extra balls that get thrown back instead of the "official" ball, but that's up to you. If you don't throw something back, you will have 40,000+ people yelling "Throw it back! Throw it back!" at you.

*If you do catch one, and throw it back.

* You will also want to allow for plenty of time to walk around the outside of Wrigley as well, as it is an experience in itself. The atmosphere is electric.

*Visit the McDonald's across the street from Wrigley. It is a total Cubs theme inside!

*After the game, head back to the players parking lot (head toward the firestation, it is right across the street behind the left field seats). You will usually get a few of the players who come over and sign autographs and a great place to get pictures.

visit rtachicago.com to plan a trip on the chicago transportation system that will take you right to Wrigley at very cheap prices!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:59 am
Rookie

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno4ever View Post

*I'm assuming you know the bleacher rule that if the opposing team hits a home run, you MUST throw it back. (Now, some cheat and take along a couple of extra balls that get thrown back instead of the "official" ball, but that's up to you. If you don't throw something back, you will have 40,000+ people yelling "Throw it back! Throw it back!" at you.

*If you do catch one, and throw it back, try to avoid Jacque Jones' head. (had to throw that in there)

[/color]

*grins* Good advice, particularly the Jones one. Do you remember that little kid getting beat up last year because he wouldn't throw a ball back?

-Scout
Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:30 am
Rookie

My Mood:

A few others regarding the bleachers:
-Don't stand up and cheer during the inning (unless 2-outs in the 9th or a HR was just hit)
-Don't take pictures
If you do either, the security guys who are in teh aisles, along the wall, will go absolutely nuts on you. I'm guessing the picture thing has to do with a flash in a player's eye, but I'm not sure.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 2:06 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Thanks for the rules. I will be one of those people attending a game for the first time at Wrigley this summer. Your advice is very helpful. As far as taking photos, here in Phx at Chase Field, we're allowed to take pictures as long as there's NO flash. I sit in the front row and take advantage of the great photos I can get from that vantage point.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:33 pm
Veteran

My Mood:

Don,t even think about doing the "Wave"!!!!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:24 pm

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Spanglers ghost View Post
Don,t even think about doing the "Wave"!!!!
HOW could I have forgotten the Forbidden Wave rule? Gosh, the ONE time it was tried last year, it got blogged about, reported about, and bashed all around.

About the pictures, you can take a camera and camcorder into Wrigley in any other parts of the field. I always take both when I go and one security guard even asked me if I wanted her to take me and my son's picture with the scoreboard in the background.

The FanFoto people will also walk around with their green shirts on and offer to take your picture, then they post it on Cubs.com, but in order to get a really good picture from it, you have to buy the picture from the website and they are expensive.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:31 pm

My Mood:
I got these from Cubs.com, may be helpful too....

Alcoholic Beverage Policies: Alcoholic beverages will not be sold after the last out of the 8th inning during day games and the last out of the 7th inning or 9:20 p.m. for night games. Guests who appear to be under age 35 are required to show a valid photo ID indicating legal proof of age when purchasing alcohol at Wrigley Field. The Cubs reserve the right to deny any individual who appears intoxicated entry to Wrigley Field. The Cubs and Levy reserve the right to deny beverage services to any customer that appears intoxicated.

Autographs: Fans may seek autographs from players and coaches from the time the ballpark opens until the batting practice cages are removed (approximately 45 minutes before game time). Fans will be allowed to wait at the Club Box wall on the outfield side of the dugouts. The Cubs ask that you show consideration for guests holding tickets in these seating areas. If you are seeking autographs in a seating location other than your own, you may be asked to proceed to your designated seating location

Bag Check: Each entry gate has designated bag search lines for all patrons carrying items needing inspection and express lines for patrons not carrying an item needing inspection. All bags, purses and containers will be searched prior to entry. Large bags, luggage, inflatables such as balloons and beach balls, nets, noise makers, brooms, weapons, laser pointers, hard-sided coolers, thermoses, cans and glass bottles are not permitted at any time. To ensure fan safety, the Cubs reserve the right to refuse admittance of any item deemed hazardous or suspicious.

Cameras/Video Equipment: Visitors are welcome to bring video and still cameras into the ballpark; however, tripods are not allowed in the seating areas. Recordings may be used for personal viewing only. Any other use, distribution or commercial use is prohibited. Fans may not distribute any copyrighted game information without permission of the Chicago Cubs.

Costumes: Costumes are not allowed at Wrigley Field. Chicago Cubs management reserves the right to refuse entry and refund the ticket price of any individual in a costume. (I thought this one was kinda funny!)

Exit and Re-Entry: After exiting, patrons will not be permitted to re-enter Wrigley Field on a ticket stub.

Food and Beverages: Food and beverages are available throughout the ballpark at concession stands and carts managed by Levy Restaurants. Visitors may bring food or drink items into the ballpark, which are packaged in acceptable containers.

Foul Balls and Home Run Balls: Fans are permitted to keep foul balls and home runs hit into occupied seating areas as souvenirs; however, fans must not enter the playing area to retrieve balls or otherwise interfere with balls still in play. All fans, especially those sitting along the foul lines in the box seats, are cautioned to stay alert for hard-hit foul balls or bats that might leave the field of play. Ticket holders assume all risks and dangers incidental to the game of baseball, whether occurring prior to, during or subsequent to the actual playing of the game including (but not exclusively) the danger of being injured by or in connection with any thrown or batted ball. The Chicago Cubs are not liable for resulting injuries. The Chicago Cubs cannot be held responsible for the conduct of other Guests when attempting to obtain a foul or home run ball.

Guest Conduct: Customer Service is a major objective of the Chicago Cubs. The team strives to provide its Guests with the most positive baseball experience in the Major Leagues in a safe, comfortable environment. To help us achieve our goal of outstanding customer service, we ask for fan cooperation in the following areas:
Dress appropriately for baseball. It is quite often cooler near the lake.
Respect other guests' ability to enjoy the game. Loud or obnoxious fans could be asked to leave the ballpark if their behavior is deemed to be offensive to guests around them.
Please do not bring balloons, beach balls, nets or laser pointers into Wrigley Field. These items are not permitted at any time.
For the safety of all fans, do not interfere with the progress of the game or go onto the playing field. Any fan interfering with a ball in play or going onto the field will be removed from the park and could be subject to arrest.
Please sit in your assigned seat and be prepared to show your ticket to an usher or ballpark supervisor upon request.
There is no re-entry on a ticket stub.

And just a little info of some of the things you will see:

Retired Uniform Numbers: The pinstriped flags atop the left and right-field foul poles represent the retired uniform numbers worn by four of the greatest Cubs. On August 22, 1982, Ernie Banks became the first Cub to have his number retired. The fabled number 14 flies from the left-field foul pole at Wrigley Field. On August 13, 1987, the Cubs retired Hall of Famer Billy Williams' number. The number 26 flies from the right-field foul pole. On September 28, 2003, the Cubs retired Ron Santo's number. The number 10 also flies from the left-field foul pole. On August 28, 2005, the Cubs retired Hall of Famer Ryne Sandberg's number. The number 23 flies from the right-field foul pole. To honor legendary Cubs broadcaster Jack Brickhouse (1916 - 1998), his famous phrase "Hey Hey" is now affixed on both foul poles.

Roof Flags: Flags adorn the upper deck roof to commemorate various special events in the history of the Chicago Cubs.

Left Field Roof
1906 World Series - Cubs vs. White Sox (Sox win series 4-2)
1907 World Series - Cubs vs. Detroit (Cubs win series 4-0-1)
1908 World Series - Cubs vs. Detroit (Cubs win series 4-1)
1910 World Series - Cubs vs. Philadelphia (Athletics win series 4-1)
1918 World Series - Cubs vs. Boston (Red Sox win series 4-2)
1929 World Series - Cubs vs. Philadelphia (Athletics win series 4-1)
1932 World Series - Cubs vs. New York (Yankees win series 4-0)
1935 World Series - Cubs vs. Detroit (Tigers win series 4-2)
1938 World Series - Cubs vs. New York (Yankees win series 4-0)
1945 World Series - Cubs vs. Detroit (Tigers win series 4-3)
1984 National League Championship Series - Cubs vs. San Diego (Padres win series 3-2)
1989 National League Championship Series - Cubs vs. San Francisco (Giants win series 4-1)
1998 National League Division Series - Cubs vs. Atlanta (Braves win series 3-0)
2003 National League Championship Series - Cubs vs. Florida (Marlins win series 4-3)

Right Field Roof
JR - 42 Jackie Robinson, MLB retired number 1997 (50th Anniversary)
HAWK-8 Andre Dawson, 1987 - 1992
PKW Philip K. Wrigley Owner, 1932 - 1977
HACK-190 Hack Wilson, 190 RBI in 1930
FJ-31 Ferguson Jenkins, 1966 - 1973, 1982 - 1983, Hall of Fame 1991
SAMMY-66 Sammy Sosa, 66 Home Runs 1998
KW-20 Kerry Wood, 20 Strikeouts May 6, 1998
MADDUX 300 Greg Maddux 300 wins
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:52 pm
MVP

My Mood:

Send a message via AIM to HOLYCOW!25
Sweet, I was wondering where the players parking lot was.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 11:29 pm

My Mood:
If you walk around the entire perimeter of the park, you won't be able to miss it. It is all fenced in and has lots of really...REALLY...expensive cars all crammed in to a tiny little space. The WGN semi truck is back there (where the producers work).
Old Feb 28th 2007, 11:38 pm
Little Leaguer

My Mood:

Great rules to remember!! Will be taking my 10 year old son to Wrigley for the Diamondback series in July. Can't wait. No place like Wrigley.
Sponsored Links