I jumped on the Cubs.com message board for the first time in ages this morning to see the mental state of some of the Cubs Nation fans.... I have a few words for them and the callers that called Dave Kaplan's Cubs post game show in complete panic last night.... STEP AWAY FROM THE LEDGE! DON'T JUMP! DON'T DO IT!!!! (LOL)
Now, last night's game sucked, I can't deny that....Willis was ON last night, and he flat out beat us.
But, with that being said, here are some "Positive thoughts" to start our day...
1. The bullpen...WOW! Wuertz and Hart did an awesome job last night. Their performances were overshadowed by the loss...
2. Monroe finally hit for power for us, and a good time for him to start heating up...
3. For the Reds series...no Dunn, No Griffey...No Freel...all Cub Killers
4. The Padres are fighting for everything they have.... and their pitching tops the Brewers pitching!
5. Tonight's Florida starter, Daniel Barone (1-3, 5.30) takes the ball.
Barone gave up four runs and seven hits in 4 1-3 innings of a 5-1 loss to Atlanta last Wednesday, his first start since Aug. 26. The right-hander is 0-3 with a 8.31 ERA in five starts this season
So, yesterday is gone, the team wants it, the fans want it....and I have to believe we are gonna get it!