fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:02 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubbie Blue Bleeder View Post
Bims are you related to yost????
Nope just not another idiot homer sports fan.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:07 pm
MVP

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to BigZ38
These are the conversations that made me leave this board for a period of time in the first place. Who cares what another persons opinion is??? Let them express it and we can say what we want about there opinion but don't stoop to the level of correcting someone's grammatical or spelling errors. We're all here in the same interest and that's to talk about the Cubs. We might have different views which is ok. Just please stop because I enjoy it here and I don't want to leave.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:29 pm
Veteran

My Mood:

How is saying the Cubs have a better offense and better Defense being Homer? That is being truthful you say you judge defense not by stats but by what you see if that is true then you must have experienced the las 4 games on the radio because what I saw only reaffirmed what I already knew...that the brecraps suck denfensively and there offense is one dimensional that was the same ailments that contributed to there collapse last year....they are a flawed team while the Cubs have some flaws none are as glaring and damaging as the brewcraps.... Smile and enjoy the team The Baseball Gods have finally given us ....I don't know if you noticed it Bims but we rarely get treated to such a thing
Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:53 pm
Banned

Quote:
How is saying the Cubs have a better offense and better Defense being Homer? That is being truthful you say you judge defense not by stats but by what you see if that is true then you must have experienced the las 4 games on the radio because what I saw only reaffirmed what I already knew...that the brecraps suck denfensively and there offense is one dimensional that was the same ailments that contributed to there collapse last year....they are a flawed team while the Cubs have some flaws none are as glaring and damaging as the brewcraps.... Smile and enjoy the team The Baseball Gods have finally given us ....I don't know if you noticed it Bims but we rarely get treated to such a thing
You made a comment about me being related to Ned Yost. That comment probably had something to do with the fact that I think the Brewers are a better offensive and defensive team then the Cubs. Alot of fans can't be unbias when it comes to their teams on matters that relate to sports. They tend to be homers, especially when their team is on an upswing. I can be unbias and fair when it comes to my opinions on my team. Some people can't handle that(Calling me a Brewers fan. Saying I'm related to Ned Yost). These people tend to be homers. ..... Also judging a team on the grounds of 1 series is pretty weak. The Cubs have had a few very bad series. But that doesn't define us as a team. ..... Lets not get cocky Cubs fans. We did kick the sh*t out of the Brewers in a 4 game series at Milwaukee. But their is still a long way to go. The Brewers aren't going anywhere.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:03 pm
Veteran

My Mood:

I am not basing it on this series alone.....I have been saying it since last year when we where 9 games back .....we are a better team I mean it is not like I am saying the Cubs are better than the 1930's Yankees I mean the Brewers are nothing special .......we are better then them if we are not then there is no way we are going to even get close to winning the World Series.....
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:09 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

I really dont get the Bims /Yost comparison. Sure we kicked the crap out the Brewers in every facet of the game during that series and it made it look like we were alot better. Bims has said all along that our pitching is better and I think that was the biggest key to the series. Pitchers do not go out every night with their best stuff. I think in this series Both Sabathia and Sheets were nowhere near their best. Parra was pretty good and actually I thought Bush looked great if you take away Edmonds. Now for our staff- Lilly- had better than average stuff / both Z and Demps had some of their best stuff/ Harden had B stuff today.

Offensively- The Brewers have holes in their order, where we dont. But those holes- Hall, Cameron, and Weeks crush average pitchers meaning 3,4,5 starters. With that being said they also have 2 outstanding offensive players in Braun and Fielder. Braun - you can tell by his numbers/ Fielder- you should be able to tell by the way we pitched him this series. I really dont think anyone wanted any part of him unless we had a huge lead.

Defensively- I dont see where you can just come out and say we are better defensively. A teams best defense is its P and ours dominated this series. As far as positions go though, they played 3 different 3Bs and Fielder looks very immobile at 1b. I think they are better at SS and in CF, with everything else being a wash. I would probably go with Kendall over Soto defensively because of his experience.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:26 pm
Veteran

My Mood:

Are you serious? I can't believe I am arguing this ....this is so stupid...the Cubs are a far better team... I mean you argue with stuff Like Kendall over Soto what!!!!! Come on!!!! we had both last year and guess who got the starts in the playoffs???? guess who got runned on almost every chance they had at running on..... Not even Close pitching all around far superior, Defensively we have the edge, and offensively they may have a better 1-2 punch in Braun in Fielder but we have a better 1-9 even our pitchers can mash....and as for Braun and Fielder when they are hot pretty good but you can say the same for a Soriano/Ramirez or Lee comparison
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:28 pm
Banned

Quote:
we are better then them
On that we can agree.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:34 pm
Banned

Quote:
Are you serious? I can't believe I am arguing this ....this is so stupid...the Cubs are a far better team... I mean you argue with stuff Like Kendall over Soto what!!!!! Come on!!!! we had both last year and guess who got the starts in the playoffs???? guess who got runned on almost every chance they had at running on..... Not even Close pitching all around far superior, Defensively we have the edge, and offensively they may have a better 1-2 punch in Braun in Fielder but we have a better 1-9 even our pitchers can mash....and as for Braun and Fielder when they are hot pretty good but you can say the same for a Soriano/Ramirez or Lee comparison
Yea you need to watch some more baseball. Kendall is a better defensive catcher then Soto. Not only is he a veteran who has called many of games. But he has been able to throw out runners at a very high rate this season. He can also block balls in the dirt with the best of them. He brings a certain toughness to his team. ..... When talking about an offense please don't bring the pitchers ability to hit. Seriously. ..... Braun is an MVP candidate. He's been hot most of the year.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:56 pm
Veteran

My Mood:

Soto is better as for veteran leadership that Kendall brings to the game Soto brings the same level of control to each and every ball game he throws out runners and blocks just as well as Kendall . And last time I checked the pitchers batting counts just as much as anybody else in the line up so the fact that the Cubs have a formidable bat in the 9 spot means that there is no empty outs like in most National League Teams. As for Braun being an MVP candidate yes he is but if you want to argue that then the best hitter in the Central and maybe all of baseball plays in St. Louis dose that mean the Retardinals have a better offense than the Cubs? Soto batted 8 today .280 ba 17 hr 60 Rbis in the 8th hole but the Brewers are better ofensively? uhm I guess
Sponsored Links