fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:40 pm
Veteran

My Mood:

The Phenomenon that is Wrigley North.....

I visited a brewer blog to rubb it in a little couldn't help myself =D .....anyway one of the topics they touched on was the fact that there was so many Cub Fans at Miller Park....they also had there theorys as to why it was so full of Cub Fans.....some because of proximity others argued that Brewer fans aren't loyal enough why do you think this is???? just for laughs here is a post rite after the Cubs murdered and finished the sweep of the Brewcraps read and enjoy as I did LOL

Pathetic! Not only on the field, but in the stands as well. We need to take back OUR stadium. I'm okay with cheering for an away team, but "Wriggly Field North" signs and "Go Cubs Go" songs are unacceptable. Back in County Stadium, when White Sox fans go out of hand, the "two-fisted-slobber" always came through with an accidental beer spill over their head. Listen, I see some of the Cub fans look big and strong and come in groups like roaches. However, there are some old dudes there as well. Plus, you take out an old dude you send two messages - 1) Old dude you better not come back and 2) Young strong dude, when you become old dude you better not come back. We also need to find out who has the season tickets behind home plate who keeps giving them away to Cub fans. If they are owned by an individual, he or she needs "to take a bow" )to steal a term from Markmowtown. If they are owned by a corporation, we need to boycott. (Unless of course it's a beer corporation, then we'll just send nasty e-mails - no need to do anything irrational.)
Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:14 pm
MVP

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to BigZ38
I did notice the Cubs fans behind home plate in games 3,4....I was wondering how they got those tickets.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 2:50 am
All-Star

My Mood:

The Cub fans were smarter than the Brewer fans in February when these tickets first went on sale. You snooze..........You lose!!!

What happened at Miller Park this week would never happen at Wrigley Field. Any opposing teams fanbase would never be able to take over the hallowed grounds. This could have gotten into the Brewers heads.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 5:32 am
Little Leaguer

My Mood:

I've had similar experiences at Houston's Minute Maid Juicebar Enron Field or whatever it is now. I'm in Houston for business often, and others in my field will give me their season tickets if I'm in town when the Cubs are, which is often planned. :-) I'm in my full Cubbie gear, sitting in amongst the enemy as you can imagine, but great seats!
Cub fans ABOUND in Houston, and it's only when a chorus of LET'S GO CUBBIES gets going that the ASStros will start their own singing, prompted by the Jumbotron and the PA system. I've often been very vocal as to how the home team supporters should be ashamed of themselves for allowing the visitors to out cheer the home team support, and how a Jumbotron is needed to prompt cheering.

Cubbie faithful are very unique and genuine, and it's awesome to hear half a stadium cheering Cubbie Blue and the embarrassed faces of home support while away from Wrigley.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 5:46 am
All-Star

My Mood:

The same thing happened in Dodger Stadium earlier this year. I heard more Cubs fans than I did Dodger fans. It just goes to show you the Chicago Cubs have a huge following and this country is going to erupt when the Cubs win it all. That being said I think a good 35% of them are bandwagoners disgruntled Sox fans..lol.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 8:03 am
All-Star

My Mood:

It's awesome to see us take over a visiting stadium. I just love to hear the stupid remarks by the opposing teams fans.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 8:04 am
All-Star

My Mood:

By the way Rat, I love your avatar!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 8:33 am
Little Leaguer

My Mood:

Our visiting sections can put sooo many teams to shame, for sure. Even at home games, when I was on summer vacation, the Cubs were in dead last place, it was a Wed. afternoon...hot, etc... we always supported our team. I shudder to think what it's like to be a Marlins player, with 90% of the stadium empty, even right after they won the WS. Chicago really holds the Cubs close to their hearts.

You would not believe the amount of Cubs fans here in Belize! Years ago, WGN was the only TV station, and even before that, listening to the Cubs on AM radio was the norm.

Cubs are truly a special team, and I'm glad I was born in that great city.
Sponsored Links