fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old May 29th 2009, 9:32 pm

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ryno4ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMan View Post
But that's not the point of my argument. The umpire had NO BUSINESS leaning into Zambrano like that. He should have walked away from Zambrano. That's it!
Agreed!
Old May 29th 2009, 9:47 pm

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ryno4ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bims View Post
See, now this is where you are assuming/making stuff up. Carlos was going nuts before any bump took place. You are twisting things and making it look like Carlos went Nuts because he was bumped. Not only was Carlos going nuts before the bump, but he's never brought up the bump as motivation for his behavior. Carlos is not one to shy away from pointing out what set him off. He went nuts because he was out of control. The bump had NOTHING to do with it. You just totally made that up on your own.
If you watch it over again, Carlos didn't go over the top until after the ump bumped him and when Carlos brushed hiim off, the ump threw him out. That's when Carlos went completely nuts. That's when Carlos made the gesture to throw the umpire out... Eric wasn't making this up.

Why do you feel the need to argue every single post on here with a belitting tone and do nothing but make the posters on here so angry that they quit posting? And everyone on here has always felt free to express their thoughts and OPINIONS, regardless of their baseball background, and most everyone responds to each other in a respectful way. I ask you do the same.
Old May 30th 2009, 12:12 am
All-Star

My Mood:

I rarely post on here anymore due to Bims personal attacks on any of the other posters that are not in complete agreement with him. If I wanted that kind of disrespect, I'd post on the Cubs message board. This site was much better when Bims went away, but unfortunately, he came back. Before he came along, there was a mutual respect for each other. It is possible to have a difference of opinion without each thread turning into a flaming war.
Old May 30th 2009, 2:26 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno4ever View Post
Why do you feel the need to argue every single post on here with a belitting tone and do nothing but make the posters on here so angry that they quit posting? And everyone on here has always felt free to express their thoughts and OPINIONS, regardless of their baseball background, and most everyone responds to each other in a respectful way. I ask you do the same.
Ok Ryno, i'm gonna answer you, and I expect a response back. Deal?

Now please, name a poster that has left because of me. Seriously. This place was dead as Dilinger both before I came, and when I was away. Please don't go the 8 th grade route.

Now don't make it look as if I get in any kind of angry debates on a regular basis. That's just not accurate. What was the worst thing I said during this debate? Calling people homers?

After this post, i'm going to quote 2 posts that were made in refference to me, when all I did was make a simple post about Z and the ump. But, you said nothing to these people ofcourse. Ready?
Old May 30th 2009, 2:33 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Maybe you should turn into a White Sox fan because you clearly don't get it bro.

Cubs have been struggling BIG TIME, it is a close game (Cubs up by a run) and the runner scores on a VERY close play... naturally Big Z got upset and the umpire initiated contact. That is baseball.
So beacuse of my opinion, I should be a Sox fan. This was after a very simple opinion in which I expressed. Before I called anyone a Homer.

HEYHEY, Nordon, and Lee have done the same kind of thing when they disgreed with me. I believe they called me a Brewers fan. Funny, I never heard nothing from you then Ryno.
Old May 30th 2009, 2:35 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant View Post
What world do you live in ?????
Do you have an Umpire Alter that you pray to every morning ?? You really think umpires are infallible beings !
You expect Z to go back and shut up but the Ump is allowed to react to an injustice that he perceives?
And here's Lee's post. Much more personal and aggressive than mine. And again, nothing from you.
Old May 30th 2009, 3:11 am
Banned

I find it both funny, and lame that a few are blaming me for certain posters leaving. The truth is nobody was here before I came, and nobody was here while I was gone. You know why this place is so dead? Because it lacks people with baseball knowledge! With the exception of Bock and Skip, and I like Doba, this place is full of posters who don't know anything about the game. Talking baseball here is like talking acting with Paulie Shore. I mean Lee thinks that Koyie Hill and DLee should be playing 3B. He also thinks that the Cubs are 1 of only 3 teams who haven't cut payroll by atlest 20 million this off-season. Oh, and he once called Khalil Greene " A great opposite field hitter". Shoot, that even made Greene's mom laugh. Ben talks baseball in clusters of hyperbole after every series. Guys like Skull and Taz don't know baseball from a jump rope. Seriously, Skull called Felix Pie the next Wille Mays, and Taz thinks Lee Smith is still the Cubs closer. Then we have the mods, who know the least of all. Their contributions to the baseball talk consist of lots of "yeah's" and "go Cubs". This isn't a place to talk baseball. This is a place to talk about how much you fall for what the Cubs PR department is pumping out. This is a place to talk about how great that new Eddie Vedder Cubs song is, man!

For those poor souls who left this board because of me, i'm gonna leave and never come back. So this place will because full of posters, and the baeball knowledge will over flow like a waterfall. In the end, the reason most resented me is because I actually know the game of baseball very well. And most of you hate that, because frankly, you don't know much. So goodbye to FOGPOG, the special olympics of message boards!
Old May 30th 2009, 7:57 am
MVP

My Mood:
Quote:

For those poor souls who left this board because of me, i'm gonna leave and never come back. So this place will because full of posters, and the baeball knowledge will over flow like a waterfall. In the end, the reason most resented me is because I actually know the game of baseball very well. And most of you hate that, because frankly, you don't know much. So goodbye to FOGPOG, the special olympics of message boards!
Old May 30th 2009, 8:30 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Now please, name a poster that has left because of me. Seriously. This place was dead as Dilinger both before I came, and when I was away. Please don't go the 8 th grade route.

?

WOW !! What an ego !!
Old May 30th 2009, 4:28 pm
All-Star

My Mood:

All I can say is, Bims must be a real joy to live with. At least he had enough sense to take himself out before Heather did it for him.
Sponsored Links