fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Aug 26th 2009, 8:12 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Bradley feels hatred

He said that he just hopes the game only lasts 9 innings so he can hurry up and get out of there. I admit the fans have been hard on him, but this is the exact selfish mindset that kills a team. Eat the contract, ship him to Japan.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:49 pm

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ryno4ever
UGH... Todd Hollandsworth said it best... this kind of stuff is exactly what the Cubs don't need right now... it is becoming a distraction at the worst possible time for one with the Cubs holding on for dear life. If it was something serious.... he needs to address it, but not through the media.... if it is because he is being booed, grow up and get over it. If he didn't know that that was a chance worth taking when he signed here, he didn't do a lot of homework. The fans out there aren't there for lovable losers anymore and especially this year... the fans are going to voice their frustrations. I'm not condoning the booing, but I do understand it is a way that the paying fans can voice their displeasure. However, by making a big deal about it, he is maginfying the situation and making himself more suseptible to it.

It wasn't until I saw him mocking the fans after he hit his homerun with his little hand gestures that I really got upset with him. You want the fans on your side, you want support, don't do crap like that!!!!

He needs a new home in the offseason. Hopefully his little offensive push he is making here at the end of the season will open some eyes on potential takers of his contract!

Gosh, he reminds me of Jacque Jones situation all over again!

Here's the quote:

Quote:
I'm talking about hatred, period," he said. "I'm talking about when I go to eat at a restaurant, I have to listen to the waiters bad-mouthing me at another table, sitting in a restaurant, that's what I'm talking about -- everything."

Bradley was asked if there was anything he could do when fans cross the line at Wrigley, such as summoning security.

"What can you do?" he said. "You can't do nothing. You listen to them yell at you."

Bradley then was asked if he had been the victim of racial slurs from the bleachers. He declined to give an example.

"All I'm saying is I just pray the game is nine innings, so I can be out there the least amount of time as possible and go home," he said.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 10:03 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

He waited for a night he went 4 for 4 and then said this. He is selfish and always has been.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 10:26 pm
All-Star

My Mood:

Send a message via Yahoo to Jason
As long as he continues to hit, I don't care what the A-hole does.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 10:34 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Gosh, he reminds me of Jacque Jones situation all over again!
Do you guys realize the only team in Torri Hunter's No-trade clause is the cubs because of the way the cub fans treated Jacque Jones and Latroy Hawkins?? He's talked about it several times. I'm not saying that I'd want Hunter on the team, but this kind of thing bothers me.

I refuse to sit in the bleachers when I've gone to cub games the past couple of years, but I can assume some of the attitudes of the mindless droves are driven on by certain members of the media.

Also lost in this circus (this whole issue is blown up by the media IMO) Bradley has been one of the most vocal players on the team in terms of expressing disappointment in his own play and how the team is doing. This is probably not as bad as the Jones/Hawkins era, but if the new ownership really cares about the image of the franchise, they might start considering more stringent behaviour guidelines within the ballpark.

That being said, I refuse let a few spoiled brats ruin my opinion of most cub fans, who I still think are upstanding well-informed, contributing members of society.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 11:08 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Like Ive said countless times, I hate the fact that fans boo players and Bradley has had his fair share and more. He has played a lot better of late, but after making comments like he did I would expect the booing to continue. That is no way to get the fans on your side. I have had no problem with his approach all year. He runs everything out and hustles all the time on the bases. He is just from the Bonds , Sheffield mode- me vs the world. Ive read plenty on how he gets down on himself and how he is discouraged with his play. It was just a dumb move by Hendry IMO. The thing is what I worried about him the most was his proneness to injuries. He hasnt been on the DL all yr.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 11:17 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIPPER 11 View Post
but after making comments like he did I would expect the booing to continue. That is no way to get the fans on your side.
I think people have to take into account that the intial article on this subject was written by noted Liar Paul Sullivan, who said earlier in the year he won't print anything positive about people he doesn't get along with.

I don't think Bradley owes it to anybody to get fans on his side. He gives the cubs the best chance to win in RF, and thats all the fans should care about.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 8:51 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

The guy is Eor from Winnie The Pooh !!

He feels that the world is out to get him and he needs to just shut up and keep his thoughts in his own head.

How stupid can he be ? Does he think that because he is always in right field that all of the fans in right are the same fans at every game ?

I don't understand the hard on people have for him. He had a tough start as most players do when they first get here. My wife hates him and I don't think there is a damn thing he can do to change that. ( as for it being racial like the talking heads are inferring , I don't think it is true in my house . I like him and I am white my wife hates him and she is my Nubian Beauty )
Old Aug 27th 2009, 8:58 am
Veteran

My Mood:

racial stuff is crap

no one deserves that kind of treatment. Bradley is a effin a**hole got nothing to do with race in my opinion. Hendry needs to be fired immediately if not sooner but with new ownership coming in that won't happen. I remember sitting in MN the day that the cubs announced that Andy and Jim were coming to Chicago. Everybody in the bar agreed that the Cub would finally win a WS with those two running the show. OI!
Old Aug 27th 2009, 9:40 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

in terms of the numbers, he had a terrible first half, but right now he has put up the numbers I'd expect with less power. RBI's are a team stat and more a product of who is batting around you. Guess what, if you're team's offense sucks you're not going to get alot of RBIs.

If you look deeper into the numbers, the cubs have been one of the most unluckiest teams in terms of the percentage of line drives that have fell for hits. This is true for Bradley, Soto, and even Fukudome who is already having a good year.