fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:33 pm

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ryno4ever
Exclamation A time to remember

...with all of the stuff going on right now, please don't forget to stop a minute tomorrow to think of those who lost their lives seven years ago tomorrow.

Seven years! Wow! I can't believe it has been that long ago already. It is now in our children's history books... it is a national day of observation... but for a reality check, stop and think about exactly what you were doing when you found out what was happening in our country.....and then think of those who are over seas right now fighting for those people...and for us.

Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:41 pm
Veteran

My Mood:

I try to forget about that day. It is a day that will live in infamy. It's sad that days like that happen. But its also a reminder of just how lucky we all are to be in this wonderful Nation. Because we remmeber days like those while other countrys days like those are all to common of a thing. To all the brave soldiers who fight for this wonderful nation. May you have an opportunity to come back and enjoy this freedom we enjoy thanks to you're bravery and sacrifice.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:32 am
All-Star

My Mood:

I always have an empty feeling when 9/11 comes around. It has since been named "Patriot Day" in the United States. I was very impressed with all of the patriotism that took place in 2001. The sad thing is that after the shock wore off, so did the way that the whole country came together as one. I'll never forget the way that Congress assembled on the steps of the Pentagon on that fateful night on 9/11/01 and sang "God Bless America". Party politics went out the window, and everyone came together as one. I wish it would have stayed that way, but it didn't.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:58 am

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ryno4ever
I was standing outside my workplace that afternoon.... after they had banned all air activity.... I heard a noise and looked up. There was Air Force One and the military jets surrounding it flying overhead.... it was almost a calming feeling after such an emotional and scary morning.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:35 pm

My Mood:

Send a message via ICQ to VanMan Send a message via AIM to VanMan Send a message via MSN to VanMan Send a message via Yahoo to VanMan Send a message via Skype™ to VanMan
I was working for a telemarketing firm at the time, in an inbound catalog sales program, and was getting ready for work when I heard the local NBC station morning news anchor throw the local cut-in back to New York. I rushed into the living room (my parents were in Michigan visiting my dad's relatives) to see what was going on. That's when, live on "Today," I saw the impact of the first jet on the World Trade Center. It was then I thought it was just a tragic accident, someone was off course, and maybe there was an error in air traffic control. Then about 8:05 CT (9:05 ET), live on national TV, the second aircraft smashed into the other tower. Then I knew something screwy was going on. When then-Pentagon correspondent Jim Miklowshewski (sp?) reported another impact at the Pentagon, that's when I knew there was terrorism going on.

I had to go to work anyway, so I went. Not much happened that day. No one was buying any bed linens or curtains or anything else like that, with all due respect to the day's events. So, management started sending people home. I tried to stay as long as I can, so I can get paid, but I had to leave about three hours early due to slow business.

On my way home, I saw a lot of people in line getting gas, afraid that we would immediately invade somewhere in the Middle East. Gas prices went as high as they are today, but that was to keep people from buying too much gas and hording. However, people accused gas companies of price gouging. When I got home, I first called my grandmother, and then where my parents were staying.

Obviously, Sept. 11, 2001, is one of those dates that has the "Where were you when...?" attached to it. It's up there with Dec. 7, 1941, April 4, 1968, the moon landing, the Challenger explosion, and a few others.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:56 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Don't let time abrade the emotions we all felt that day . Like the generation before us with " Remember Pearl Harbor " , they wanted everyone to remember the fear , the anger and the vulnerability , we should also hold to these feelings as long as the threat is still there .

Some people for political reasons want to replace the vulnerability and anger with loss and melancholy .

To fully appreciate the heroes of that day and the days and years after we must always keep those original emotions related to this day .