fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Jan 19th 2007, 2:27 pm
All-Star

My Mood:

Samardzija signs for 5yrs

he signed for 5 yrs and said he won't try to play in the nfl.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 3:28 pm
MVP

My Mood:
I don't beleive him for a minute.In fact hes stupid if he doesn't enter the draft.He could be missing out on the payday of his life.I really don't know his baseball numbers but his football numbers are amazing.I think he would be a first rounder.Does the Cubs money equal that?
Old Jan 19th 2007, 3:46 pm
MVP

My Mood:

1. The money is guaranteed
2. He has the potential to make 100+ million and will have a better quality of life pitching
3. He likes Baseball more (obviously)
Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:05 pm
MVP

My Mood:
This kid is a real talent. Look for him to be a big future player in the orginization. Does anyone raealize that he never pitched until he reached the college level? Amazing that he has been able to be so dominate through his college years with learning to play the most important position on the field.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:30 pm
Rookie

My Mood:

Notre Dame to the Cubs....he's my favorite by default now
Old Jan 19th 2007, 5:09 pm
MVP

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeifiPerezMVP2007 View Post
1. The money is guaranteed
2. He has the potential to make 100+ million and will have a better quality of life pitching
3. He likes Baseball more (obviously)
Yes,that is quite obvious,but to make the kind of money that your talikng about he would have to be a superstar.Is he that good?I tend to doubt it,but I hope he is.Point is that he could of signed a killer deal in the NFL and still played baseball.
If hes mediocore in baseball then he will have missed his payday.That chance only comes around once to enter the NFL draft.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 6:44 pm
All-Star

My Mood:

I really thought he would go to the NFL. Maybe he will do the whole Bo Jackson/Deon Sanders thing and play two sports.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 7:19 pm
MVP

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEYHEY View Post
Yes,that is quite obvious,but to make the kind of money that your talikng about he would have to be a superstar.Is he that good?I tend to doubt it,but I hope he is.Point is that he could of signed a killer deal in the NFL and still played baseball.
If hes mediocore in baseball then he will have missed his payday.That chance only comes around once to enter the NFL draft.
Ted Lilly is no superstar and he makes 10 million per year and Gil Meche is making more (Look at Barry Zito and I challenge you to find that much guaranteed money in the NFL. At this rate he could make TONS more than in the NFL. Also theres no guaranteed money in the NFL. He already cashed in and IF he makes the team in the next few years can make way more than in the NFL. He won't make Vick money but he knew that theres more for him in MLB thats why he signed here for so long. Also he just got his "Signing Bonus" and could make $16.5 if both options are picked up. He throws 97 and Hendry said "high end starter." He made the right choice according to 60% of 86,785 people poled on ESPN Sports nation. Im not trying to be a ***!! LOL
Old Jan 19th 2007, 8:56 pm

My Mood:

Send a message via ICQ to VanMan Send a message via AIM to VanMan Send a message via MSN to VanMan Send a message via Yahoo to VanMan Send a message via Skype™ to VanMan
I for one was surprised that Samardzija gave up on football well before the draft, not even seeing where he would have been drafted if he remained ambivalent which way he would go. If it were me and I had a chance to play either football or baseball or both, and I already was the property of a MLB team, I'd see where I am/would be drafted and make my decision accordingly. If I'm drafted in the first round, I'm going football definately. If it's still in the first day, I might go both sports, maybe heavier in football. However, if I'm not drafted until day two, I'd tell the NFL to forget it.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 9:30 pm

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ryno4ever
I think the fact that the face of the Cubs has changed quite significantly in the past couple of months may have had a factor. Yes, he is good... very good. Great move by the Cubs... I believe I heard on the radio today that there is a no trade clause in his contract as well.
Sponsored Links