fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue
 
Chicago Cubs
Schedule
Standings
Player Stats
Roster
Depth Chart
Wrigley Field
History
2013 Standings
National League Central
TEAM W L PCT GB
St. Louis 97 65 .599 -
Pittsburgh 94 68 .580 3.0
Cincinnati 90 72 .556 7.0
Milwaukee 74 88 .457 23.0
CUBS 66 96 .407 31.0
- End of Regular Season -
Recommended Sites
Media Friends:
AskMen.com
CBS SportsLine
Chicago Bears
Chicago Bulls
Chicago Cubs
ESPN
FOX Sports
Maxim
MLB.com
Sports Illustrated
Stuff
Site Friends:
1060 West
Chicago Cubs Blog
CNLBCB
Ivy Chat
Len & Bob's Blog
MLB Rumors
fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:55 am
zulusierra zulusierra is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant View Post
The most insightful argument for the betterment of your cause I have yet heard !! Pure GENUIS !!! Love how you did not bother giving any facts to support your statement . What a glittering jewel of intellectual merit !!
I can't believe the Mets still has that flea Reyes leading off and the Dodgers has the worthless JP .
Would you rather have him make up facts like you do?

By the way JP bats second for the Dodgers.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Sep 16th 2007, 1:19 pm
HEYHEY HEYHEY is offline
MVP
 
My Mood:
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: CUBLAND
Posts: 1,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeifiPerezMVP2007 View Post
If your speaking of 670, I don't consider it sports talk. Also, Soriano IS BETTER than Theriot. When I read some of you say Theriot is a superior player, I nearly fell out of my seat.Its one thing to act like a GM, but to say a guy with nearly no power, a contact swing and good speed is better than a great power hitter with more speed and a better AVG, is IGNORING THE STATS AND THE FACTS! Theriot has all the makings of a good player, and he is a good player, but he has only been in the majors for a little more than a year.

Take a poll across the nation, ask whos a better all around player, I will bet everything I have Soriano will come out on top, as he should BECAUSE HE IS!

Where was all this Soriano bashing when our team signed him? Hmmm, rather funny IMO. Pure Monday morning quarterbacking.
No I was speaking af ALL of sports talk radio including The Score wether you deny what it is or not it is sports talk radio,your opinion is different from fact.You need to take reading class over again.No one ever stated that Theriot was a better player than Fonzie.However we WERE saying that Theriot is a better leadoff man.TRY AGAIN confused one.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Sep 16th 2007, 8:07 pm
BigZ38's Avatar
BigZ38 BigZ38 is offline
MVP
 
My Mood:
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 279.79 miles from Wrigley
Posts: 1,475
Send a message via AIM to BigZ38
For anyone out there saying that Soriano is a selfish pig ponder this....Would you really want to have to face him then to have him on your team? As for moving him down in the order it's been attempted and he struggles with it....he seems only comfortable in the leadoff spot so leave him there. And him being selfish? Don't exactly see how you can call him that. I just don't understand why people would complain about one of the best players in the game.
__________________
"You guys better hurry up and ask me quick, because one more Bloody Mary and you're not going to understand anything I say." -Lou Piniella at the Cubs Convention.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:06 pm
ryno4ever's Avatar
ryno4ever ryno4ever is offline
Moderator
 
My Mood:
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In an Illinois Cornfield
Posts: 13,683
Send a message via Yahoo to ryno4ever
Wow...another heated discussion.....I'll chime my two cents in. I am torn on the whole thing. By the numbers and production that follows, Theriot would have my vote...until Soriano is 100% healthy. It really concerns me that as a leadoff man, he is not much of a threat on the bases as he can't run the way we need him (or any leadoff man) to do so. Last time I checked, Ryan had the most stolen bases on the team. However, this late in the season, in the thick of the race is NOT a time to "experiment" again.

Lou said he likes the intimidation factor of Soriano leading off, and I can see his point there.

I have heard the arguments by fans (on the sports radio...it wasn't just 670, but on WGN's Sports Central and ESPN 1000), but it doesn't really matter what we want or think, Lou is not going to budge on it....
__________________
Baseball season's underway...
So you'd better get ready for a brand new day
Hey Chicago whattya say?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:20 pm
NeifiPerezMVP2007's Avatar
NeifiPerezMVP2007 NeifiPerezMVP2007 is offline
MVP
 
My Mood:

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEYHEY View Post
No I was speaking af ALL of sports talk radio including The Score wether you deny what it is or not it is sports talk radio,your opinion is different from fact.You need to take reading class over again.No one ever stated that Theriot was a better player than Fonzie.However we WERE saying that Theriot is a better leadoff man.TRY AGAIN confused one.
I think you need something else to do . I like the little tidbit about "Reading Class", also known as "English" (And before you throw stones, find a web browser with spell check ) Theriot has worse numbers (Run production, driving in runs, extra base hits) than Soriano leading off, but I guess that just flew over your head, just like the fact that I was talking about leading-off (Go figure). The whole thread is a joke, and pointless since or manager, seems to like the lad. I wish more people would not let themselves be manipulated by a "Sports talk" station.
I am far from confused, most Cubs fans I know that live in Chicago-land and the 150 mile area around that can receive the score, know what 670 is, a channel that will find anything wrong with the Cubs and everything right with the White Sox. ESPN 1000 does a much better job than 670 IMO, thats very sad. I was going to say something about Kool-Aid, but I'd digress.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:22 pm
NeifiPerezMVP2007's Avatar
NeifiPerezMVP2007 NeifiPerezMVP2007 is offline
MVP
 
My Mood:

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,029
I have heard the arguments by fans (on the sports radio...it wasn't just 670, but on WGN's Sports Central and ESPN 1000), but it doesn't really matter what we want or think, Lou is not going to budge on it....[/quote]

My point exactly! Its a moot subject, and it has been for a long time.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:23 pm
NeifiPerezMVP2007's Avatar
NeifiPerezMVP2007 NeifiPerezMVP2007 is offline
MVP
 
My Mood:

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZ38 View Post
For anyone out there saying that Soriano is a selfish pig ponder this....Would you really want to have to face him then to have him on your team? As for moving him down in the order it's been attempted and he struggles with it....he seems only comfortable in the leadoff spot so leave him there. And him being selfish? Don't exactly see how you can call him that. I just don't understand why people would complain about one of the best players in the game.
I agree 100%. Great "Thread Killing" post!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:34 pm
Sheffield_&_Waveland's Avatar
Sheffield_&_Waveland Sheffield_&_Waveland is offline
MVP
 
My Mood:
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,120
Just think Fonzie doesn't bat 1st and get to the plate in the 8th in the first game yesterday and hit a homer we probably lose that game and leave St. Louis with a split and tied for first.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Sep 17th 2007, 6:47 am
LeeEila's/rant's Avatar
LeeEila's/rant LeeEila's/rant is offline
Hall Of Famer
 
My Mood:

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Metamora
Posts: 2,531
Last year during the play off run for the Cards , Edmonds asked to be moved down in the order because his run production was not what he thought it should be .
__________________
Christian Morgenstern : And thus , in his considered view ; What did not suit - could not be true
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:48 pm
Sheffield_&_Waveland's Avatar
Sheffield_&_Waveland Sheffield_&_Waveland is offline
MVP
 
My Mood:
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant View Post
Last year during the play off run for the Cards , Edmonds asked to be moved down in the order because his run production was not what he thought it should be .
I really don't understand this point, Soriano bats leadoff so he has never been a big run producer. If you move him down in the 3-4-5 spots you are then prohibiting him from driving in runs because he strikes out way to much. If you drop him farther than that you take the chance of him only getting to the plate 3 times while batting at the top he gets 4-5 regularly. I much prefer getting solo homeruns from him an 4-5 at bats a game than to drop him in the lineup and take a spot from someone else that is more capable of driving in those runs. (And plus add in that he produces his best numbers at the leadoff spot) I said it once and I will say it again, why try and fix something that isn't broke?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Soriano SKIPPER 11 The Bleachers 6 Aug 23rd 2007 9:37 am
Soriano loss SKIPPER 11 The Bleachers 22 Aug 6th 2007 8:21 pm
Soriano bringbacktuffy The Bleachers 26 Jun 10th 2007 1:52 pm
Soriano ryno4ever The Bleachers 9 Apr 20th 2007 8:11 am
How Old Is Soriano???????? Nolan Sanders The Bleachers 9 Dec 2nd 2006 6:33 pm


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:15 am.



Copyright © 2006-2013 fogpog.com. All rights reserved.
Chicago Cubs logos Copyright © 2013 Major League Baseball and the Chicago Cubs.
Powered by: vBulletin v3.6.8, Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.