fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:55 am
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant View Post
The most insightful argument for the betterment of your cause I have yet heard !! Pure GENUIS !!! Love how you did not bother giving any facts to support your statement . What a glittering jewel of intellectual merit !!
I can't believe the Mets still has that flea Reyes leading off and the Dodgers has the worthless JP .
Would you rather have him make up facts like you do?

By the way JP bats second for the Dodgers.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 1:19 pm
MVP

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeifiPerezMVP2007 View Post
If your speaking of 670, I don't consider it sports talk. Also, Soriano IS BETTER than Theriot. When I read some of you say Theriot is a superior player, I nearly fell out of my seat.Its one thing to act like a GM, but to say a guy with nearly no power, a contact swing and good speed is better than a great power hitter with more speed and a better AVG, is IGNORING THE STATS AND THE FACTS! Theriot has all the makings of a good player, and he is a good player, but he has only been in the majors for a little more than a year.

Take a poll across the nation, ask whos a better all around player, I will bet everything I have Soriano will come out on top, as he should BECAUSE HE IS!

Where was all this Soriano bashing when our team signed him? Hmmm, rather funny IMO. Pure Monday morning quarterbacking.
No I was speaking af ALL of sports talk radio including The Score wether you deny what it is or not it is sports talk radio,your opinion is different from fact.You need to take reading class over again.No one ever stated that Theriot was a better player than Fonzie.However we WERE saying that Theriot is a better leadoff man.TRY AGAIN confused one.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 8:07 pm
MVP

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to BigZ38
For anyone out there saying that Soriano is a selfish pig ponder this....Would you really want to have to face him then to have him on your team? As for moving him down in the order it's been attempted and he struggles with it....he seems only comfortable in the leadoff spot so leave him there. And him being selfish? Don't exactly see how you can call him that. I just don't understand why people would complain about one of the best players in the game.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:06 pm

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ryno4ever
Wow...another heated discussion.....I'll chime my two cents in. I am torn on the whole thing. By the numbers and production that follows, Theriot would have my vote...until Soriano is 100% healthy. It really concerns me that as a leadoff man, he is not much of a threat on the bases as he can't run the way we need him (or any leadoff man) to do so. Last time I checked, Ryan had the most stolen bases on the team. However, this late in the season, in the thick of the race is NOT a time to "experiment" again.

Lou said he likes the intimidation factor of Soriano leading off, and I can see his point there.

I have heard the arguments by fans (on the sports radio...it wasn't just 670, but on WGN's Sports Central and ESPN 1000), but it doesn't really matter what we want or think, Lou is not going to budge on it....
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:20 pm
MVP

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEYHEY View Post
No I was speaking af ALL of sports talk radio including The Score wether you deny what it is or not it is sports talk radio,your opinion is different from fact.You need to take reading class over again.No one ever stated that Theriot was a better player than Fonzie.However we WERE saying that Theriot is a better leadoff man.TRY AGAIN confused one.
I think you need something else to do . I like the little tidbit about "Reading Class", also known as "English" (And before you throw stones, find a web browser with spell check ) Theriot has worse numbers (Run production, driving in runs, extra base hits) than Soriano leading off, but I guess that just flew over your head, just like the fact that I was talking about leading-off (Go figure). The whole thread is a joke, and pointless since or manager, seems to like the lad. I wish more people would not let themselves be manipulated by a "Sports talk" station.
I am far from confused, most Cubs fans I know that live in Chicago-land and the 150 mile area around that can receive the score, know what 670 is, a channel that will find anything wrong with the Cubs and everything right with the White Sox. ESPN 1000 does a much better job than 670 IMO, thats very sad. I was going to say something about Kool-Aid, but I'd digress.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:22 pm
MVP

My Mood:

I have heard the arguments by fans (on the sports radio...it wasn't just 670, but on WGN's Sports Central and ESPN 1000), but it doesn't really matter what we want or think, Lou is not going to budge on it....[/quote]

My point exactly! Its a moot subject, and it has been for a long time.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:23 pm
MVP

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZ38 View Post
For anyone out there saying that Soriano is a selfish pig ponder this....Would you really want to have to face him then to have him on your team? As for moving him down in the order it's been attempted and he struggles with it....he seems only comfortable in the leadoff spot so leave him there. And him being selfish? Don't exactly see how you can call him that. I just don't understand why people would complain about one of the best players in the game.
I agree 100%. Great "Thread Killing" post!
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:34 pm
MVP

My Mood:
Just think Fonzie doesn't bat 1st and get to the plate in the 8th in the first game yesterday and hit a homer we probably lose that game and leave St. Louis with a split and tied for first.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 6:47 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Last year during the play off run for the Cards , Edmonds asked to be moved down in the order because his run production was not what he thought it should be .
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:48 pm
MVP

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant View Post
Last year during the play off run for the Cards , Edmonds asked to be moved down in the order because his run production was not what he thought it should be .
I really don't understand this point, Soriano bats leadoff so he has never been a big run producer. If you move him down in the 3-4-5 spots you are then prohibiting him from driving in runs because he strikes out way to much. If you drop him farther than that you take the chance of him only getting to the plate 3 times while batting at the top he gets 4-5 regularly. I much prefer getting solo homeruns from him an 4-5 at bats a game than to drop him in the lineup and take a spot from someone else that is more capable of driving in those runs. (And plus add in that he produces his best numbers at the leadoff spot) I said it once and I will say it again, why try and fix something that isn't broke?
Sponsored Links