fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Jul 2nd 2007, 12:10 am

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ryno4ever
Here's an idea.......

We're not exactly hurting for starting pitching, however, Hill has been struggling of late, and Marshall was getting hit all over the place yesterday. Now, the White Sox have pulled the plug on any extension for Mark Buehrle. Buehrle wants to stay in Chicago as he loves the city...his wife is 8 months pregnant and doesn't want to up and move his growing family.... the White Sox are looking to be sellers and dump some salary. I don't know what it would take, but wouldn't it be sweet.

BUT then comes the sale into the picture. I am having a hard time believing that the Cubs are going to be able to make any big deal with the impending sale, however they claim they will be able to. I understand why the Jones trade to Florida was not approved (we basically would be paying someone to take him off our backs), but, add into the equation that Z was just about to put the pen to the paper and the Cubs stopped talks makes me really wonder.

But, how sweet would that be? Buehrle (a team guy...a Chicago guy) in a Cubs uniform.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 12:16 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Hawk Harrellson last week said that Burhle absolutely hated the Cubs, and that he always had. I would love to have him though. This wildcard thing has definetely made things interesting. Everyone seems to think they have a chance so Im sure it would take a ton to get him. Im sure the Sux will have plenty of offers.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 10:16 am
MVP

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to BigZ38
There's no way he comes here. He grew up a Cards fan then played for the Sox so he has a deep hatred for the Cubs. Hill and Marshall did get pounded in their last starts but I wouldn't look to far into that because the Brewers absolutley anialate lefties.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 10:35 am
MVP

My Mood:

Burhle is a slob that the Cubs don't need. 670 talks about "prima donna" type players all the time (mostly when talking about the Cubs) and the Sox have a few themselves (Dye, Burhle) from the way I gather it. I wish 670 would shut down and never come back on the air, ever.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 10:42 am
MVP

My Mood:

But I do agree Ryno, Hendry must make a good trade or two that are more than dumping players like Barrett, I'm still really mad about that. We need another arm for the pen and a decent, well rounded catcher. BENGIE MOLINA HAS GOT MY VOTE!!! He is on a pretty bad team that has 0% chance of winning their division this season and he is a good hitter and a good offensive catcher. Molina the everyday catcher and Hank or Hill backing him up. Sounds good 2 me, but wont happen .
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 2:47 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeifiPerezMVP2007 View Post
But I do agree Ryno, Hendry must make a good trade or two that are more than dumping players like Barrett, I'm still really mad about that. We need another arm for the pen and a decent, well rounded catcher. BENGIE MOLINA HAS GOT MY VOTE!!! He is on a pretty bad team that has 0% chance of winning their division this season and he is a good hitter and a good offensive catcher. Molina the everyday catcher and Hank or Hill backing him up. Sounds good 2 me, but wont happen .
Thats a name I was going to bring up, but I said I wouldnt mention anything else about trades. He makes 4 mill a yr, I think. Heck of a player too.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 4:38 pm
MVP

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to BigZ38
Molina is a pretty good player. Above average behind the plate and he has average offense as a catcher, but still better than what we have now.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 4:57 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

He is hitting about .285 with 7-8 homers. He also has a great arm, not to mention experience in the playoffs. He is absolutely as slow as molasses though. Definately a base clogger.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 5:16 pm
MVP

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIPPER 11 View Post
He is hitting about .285 with 7-8 homers. He also has a great arm, not to mention experience in the playoffs. He is absolutely as slow as molasses though. Definately a base clogger.
HAHAHA, yeah he is really slow , but we need a anchor behind the plate. I'm kinda mad because (total Monday morning QB here) he was a free agent before this season after leaving the Jays, and Hendry could have moved Barrett and signed a way better defensive catcher with a good bat who (Just as you guys said) has lots of post season experience.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:40 pm
All-Star

My Mood:

I think if Buerhle was dealt to the Cubs (not that he would), he'd play and lke it. When you're a pro, you gotta put what team you grew up liking behind you and get on the team you play for. Player don't like certain city's so they won't play there (ie- Greg Maddux in NYC), but not because they grewup liking a rival.

Roger Clemens was a Red Sox for years. He had no problem joining the Yankees; twice...
Sponsored Links