fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > Minor Matters
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old May 29th 2008, 11:15 pm

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ryno4ever
Elvis sighting in Peoria!!!!!

Elvis Lara that is! I went to my first Chief's game of the season tonight, and for as bad as I have read that the team has been, they seemed very good tonight.

Elvis "left the building" in the second inning when he hit a 3 run homer into the left field berm! He ended up with a career high of 4 RBI's for the night.

I sat right behind the third base coaches box (Sandberg is also the third base coach) and when runners are on base, it is neat to watch him because his signs to the runner on second or third is different kinds of whistles! He cups his hands around his mouth and whistles various tones to the players! I have never seen that before, or perhaps I may have never really paid that much attention to it!)

Other notes, the Chiefs pitchers did not allow a single walk at all tonight...

...the palm trees in the left field berm are hanging on to life this year. The "buffalo wild wing girls" that stood in front of us told us that the grounds crew have been trying like crazy trying to keep them alive, but it has been so cold that the trees are not handling it very well, and pretty much look dead.

(Peoria is probably the only place in Illinois where there are palm trees! They are shipped in every spring from down south and planted out in left.)

And LAST night, Sandberg was ejected again (I'm tellin ya, he's going after Bobby Cox's record!)

Quote:
Chiefs catcher Josh Donaldson and Manager Ryne Sandberg were ejected by home plate umpire Tony Gutierrez in the top of the seventh…Donaldson was ejected from his catching position after a called ball when he argued the drastically inconsistent strike zone of Gutierrez…Sandberg was tossed moments later, his second home ejection and fourth overall on the season…
I'm thinking the umpires may also have a bit to do with it.... "Honey, I threw Ryne Sandberg out of the game tonight! No Really...Hall of Famer Sandberg"...
Old May 29th 2008, 11:26 pm
All-Star

My Mood:

Send a message via Yahoo to TRIPLE PLAY
Heather, ur boy did it yet again,WOW- he gettin spicy in his "older" age. LOL
Old May 30th 2008, 12:16 am

My Mood:
I've yet to see him get all riled up at a game!
Old May 30th 2008, 9:39 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

When does Rhee start pitching again??

If Pawalek and Hernandez are headed to Peoria, the Chiefs could have a pretty badass pitching rotation.
Old May 30th 2008, 10:52 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockstock View Post
When does Rhee start pitching again??

I'll answer my own question, apparently Peoria has him scheduled to start tonight. If he keeps it up, he'll probably be the Cubs #1 prospect by the end of the summer, especially if Vitters doesn't get a decent amount of AB's in Peoria (whenever he does make it up)
Old May 30th 2008, 5:22 pm
Little Leaguer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno4ever View Post
Elvis Lara that is! I went to my first Chief's game of the season tonight, and for as bad as I have read that the team has been, they seemed very good tonight.

Elvis "left the building" in the second inning when he hit a 3 run homer into the left field berm! He ended up with a career high of 4 RBI's for the night.

I sat right behind the third base coaches box (Sandberg is also the third base coach) and when runners are on base, it is neat to watch him because his signs to the runner on second or third is different kinds of whistles! He cups his hands around his mouth and whistles various tones to the players! I have never seen that before, or perhaps I may have never really paid that much attention to it!)

Other notes, the Chiefs pitchers did not allow a single walk at all tonight...

...the palm trees in the left field berm are hanging on to life this year. The "buffalo wild wing girls" that stood in front of us told us that the grounds crew have been trying like crazy trying to keep them alive, but it has been so cold that the trees are not handling it very well, and pretty much look dead.

(Peoria is probably the only place in Illinois where there are palm trees! They are shipped in every spring from down south and planted out in left.)

And LAST night, Sandberg was ejected again (I'm tellin ya, he's going after Bobby Cox's record!)

I'm thinking the umpires may also have a bit to do with it.... "Honey, I threw Ryne Sandberg out of the game tonight! No Really...Hall of Famer Sandberg"...

I don't think going after Bobby Cox's record is anything to be proud of. Bobby Cox is a jerk. One can argue in a respectful manner. Sandberg is so rude, he's become a very cranky old man. Most of the kids {Chiefs} probably hate him. Now we see why his first wife left him and his second wife doesn't want to be with him anymore either. Good for her, the poor darling.

Footnote: Lou Piniella's successor should be Joe Girardi. They can steal him from the stupid Yankees. Joe Girardi- good guy and always respectful.
Old May 30th 2008, 11:07 pm
MVP

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie14wgn View Post
I don't think going after Bobby Cox's record is anything to be proud of. Bobby Cox is a jerk. One can argue in a respectful manner. Sandberg is so rude, he's become a very cranky old man. Most of the kids {Chiefs} probably hate him. Now we see why his first wife left him and his second wife doesn't want to be with him anymore either. Good for her, the poor darling.

Footnote: Lou Piniella's successor should be Joe Girardi. They can steal him from the stupid Yankees. Joe Girardi- good guy and always respectful.
Ah - the poor little dear. Must be Hell being a millionaire's wife.

What do Lou Piniella and Joe Girardi have to do with Sandberg?

If you don't stop abusing your Community Time you're going to get sent to the Quiet Room again - and you know how you hate that.
Old May 30th 2008, 11:08 pm

My Mood:
Oh, Jeez...here we go again. Just to let you know, I have talked to a quite a few of the Chiefs players about playing for him and he is teaching them what the game is about..... and the players absolutely love him. I had lunch with the team last summer and they had nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for their skipper. (And most of them were not even born yet when Sandberg played)

And unless you know him personally...on a level beyond what you see on tv and the field, I would hope that you would be a little more respectful with his personal life and his marital situation, as I would hope you would be with anyone, not just Ryne Sandberg.... <and am I the only one who finds the fascination with his past and current wives a bit odd>.......just about every post you have made references that.

If you don't like the guy, that's your opinion, but please do not be speculating about his private life..... it's just a matter of respect.
Old May 31st 2008, 4:57 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie14wgn View Post

LAME

How's Joe doing with the Yanks this year??

If you are bitching about a low A manager, man you really need to find another tree to bark up