fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue
 
Chicago Cubs
Schedule
Standings
Player Stats
Roster
Depth Chart
Wrigley Field
History
2013 Standings
National League Central
TEAM W L PCT GB
St. Louis 97 65 .599 -
Pittsburgh 94 68 .580 3.0
Cincinnati 90 72 .556 7.0
Milwaukee 74 88 .457 23.0
CUBS 66 96 .407 31.0
- End of Regular Season -
Recommended Sites
Media Friends:
AskMen.com
CBS SportsLine
Chicago Bears
Chicago Bulls
Chicago Cubs
ESPN
FOX Sports
Maxim
MLB.com
Sports Illustrated
Stuff
Site Friends:
1060 West
Chicago Cubs Blog
CNLBCB
Ivy Chat
Len & Bob's Blog
MLB Rumors
fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > Rival Central
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old Jan 11th 2008, 2:25 pm
Bockstock's Avatar
Bockstock Bockstock is offline
Hall Of Famer
 
My Mood:

Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,338
Brewers sign Mike Cameron

They'll probably move Braun to LF and Bill Hall to 3b when Cameron's suspension is up. Pretty good move, I would have liked to see the Cubs go after Cameron.
__________________
Whether it comes from [the media] or even comes from some fans, who are deservedly upset at a given point, it's really just noise. If we let it affect our decision making, shame on us
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Jan 11th 2008, 3:04 pm
NeifiPerezMVP2007's Avatar
NeifiPerezMVP2007 NeifiPerezMVP2007 is offline
MVP
 
My Mood:

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,029
They can do whatever they want with their lineup and defense, their pitching is as weak as the Astros IMO. Whos gonna be the ace, Sheets? He gets hurt catching the ball. Suppan? Hes washed up and was a bad signing (Marquis was better value). I think the best pitcher they got is Gallardo. The bullpen is weak, Gagne would be lucky to throw 30 innings. I don't count out any team this early in the off-season, but the Brewers look weak IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Jan 11th 2008, 3:07 pm
NeifiPerezMVP2007's Avatar
NeifiPerezMVP2007 NeifiPerezMVP2007 is offline
MVP
 
My Mood:

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockstock View Post
They'll probably move Braun to LF and Bill Hall to 3b when Cameron's suspension is up. Pretty good move, I would have liked to see the Cubs go after Cameron.
The Cubs don't need Cameron, hes a really good fielder, but Pie is too. Its a ok signing for the Brewers, but not like Fukudome signing here. I find it really funny that they let Jenkins loose, considering they were looking for a lefty outfielder with above avg defense.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Jan 11th 2008, 8:53 pm
Bockstock's Avatar
Bockstock Bockstock is offline
Hall Of Famer
 
My Mood:

Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,338
Quote:
They can do whatever they want with their lineup and defense, their pitching is as weak as the Astros IMO.Whos gonna be the ace, Sheets? He gets hurt catching the ball. Suppan? Hes washed up and was a bad signing (Marquis was better value). I think the best pitcher they got is Gallardo. The bullpen is weak, Gagne would be lucky to throw 30 innings. I don't count out any team this early in the off-season, but the Brewers look weak IMO.
lol

The Brewers offense is about as better than the Cubs offense as the Cubs pitching staff is than the Brewers staff.

2007 Ben Sheets = 2007 Zambrano. Sheet did start 24 games last year. Manny Parra will likely start, and he's likely to do better than Marshall/Miller.
__________________
Whether it comes from [the media] or even comes from some fans, who are deservedly upset at a given point, it's really just noise. If we let it affect our decision making, shame on us
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Jan 11th 2008, 8:55 pm
Bockstock's Avatar
Bockstock Bockstock is offline
Hall Of Famer
 
My Mood:

Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeifiPerezMVP2007 View Post
The Cubs don't need Cameron, hes a really good fielder, but Pie is too. Its a ok signing for the Brewers, but not like Fukudome signing here. I find it really funny that they let Jenkins loose, considering they were looking for a lefty outfielder with above avg defense.
Jenkins was making 7+ million with the Brewers last year as a part-time player. Players do not take a part-time role with teams with huge cut in salary and responsibilities if they are perfectly healthy. THe Brewers were about as eager to bring him back as he was to be back as a part-time bat off the bench. He's been the bane of Brewer fans the last couple of years.
__________________
Whether it comes from [the media] or even comes from some fans, who are deservedly upset at a given point, it's really just noise. If we let it affect our decision making, shame on us
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Jan 12th 2008, 8:18 am
BigZ38's Avatar
BigZ38 BigZ38 is offline
MVP
 
My Mood:
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 279.79 miles from Wrigley
Posts: 1,475
Send a message via AIM to BigZ38
Cameron plays solid Defense....which the Brewers need...and he hits homeruns. So pretty much everyone in their lineup can go yard...so they'll be heavily relying on the homerun ball in my guestimation....I don't think that approach always works out to well.
__________________
"You guys better hurry up and ask me quick, because one more Bloody Mary and you're not going to understand anything I say." -Lou Piniella at the Cubs Convention.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Jan 12th 2008, 11:05 am
Bockstock's Avatar
Bockstock Bockstock is offline
Hall Of Famer
 
My Mood:

Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZ38 View Post
Cameron plays solid Defense....which the Brewers need...and he hits homeruns. So pretty much everyone in their lineup can go yard...so they'll be heavily relying on the homerun ball in my guestimation....I don't think that approach always works out to well.
Moving Braun to LF and Hall to 3B should increase their win total, by a couple of games I'm guessing. Plus, Cameron in CF is an upgrade over Hall, as well.

To be honest, even with Fukudome, I don't see the Cubs offense as significantly improved. If Pie and Theriot show they can play average offense for their positions it will be a significant improvement.
__________________
Whether it comes from [the media] or even comes from some fans, who are deservedly upset at a given point, it's really just noise. If we let it affect our decision making, shame on us
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Jan 12th 2008, 11:46 am
NeifiPerezMVP2007's Avatar
NeifiPerezMVP2007 NeifiPerezMVP2007 is offline
MVP
 
My Mood:

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockstock View Post
Moving Braun to LF and Hall to 3B should increase their win total, by a couple of games I'm guessing. Plus, Cameron in CF is an upgrade over Hall, as well.

To be honest, even with Fukudome, I don't see the Cubs offense as significantly improved. If Pie and Theriot show they can play average offense for their positions it will be a significant improvement.
I see it improved from "addition by subtraction", Jones was a distraction last season and Fukudome is the first real right fielder here since Sosa. If you look at it from the standpoint of the top 3 power hitters having well below average seasons in one way or another, then the 2008 Cubs offense has a great chance at scoring more runs. Last season Soriano had a stint on the DL (I think it was his first) and STILL hit 30+ homers. Lee has wrist surgery in 2006, from what I understand, it takes over a full year to fully regain the power. A-Ram underperformed last season (He could've had 20 more RBI's), I expect better run production from Lee with Fuk getting on base. IF Pie can win CF this spring and get on base and K less, that should give the top of the order guys more runs IF he can bust out this spring.
Run production WILL be improved, along with homers and stolen bases. Doubles will hold or drop, because last season, Cubs were near the top all season.

I expect Theriot to play SS everyday, but I just don't see him as having a much improved season. After listening to the hype last year, it was a let down because Theriot does have the kinda mentality that stats can't show, but thats not enough.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Jan 12th 2008, 11:54 am
NeifiPerezMVP2007's Avatar
NeifiPerezMVP2007 NeifiPerezMVP2007 is offline
MVP
 
My Mood:

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockstock View Post
Jenkins was making 7+ million with the Brewers last year as a part-time player. Players do not take a part-time role with teams with huge cut in salary and responsibilities if they are perfectly healthy. THe Brewers were about as eager to bring him back as he was to be back as a part-time bat off the bench. He's been the bane of Brewer fans the last couple of years.
Yes, but now they are down a left handed bat, they are more like the Cubs from last season, Yeah Prince is a really good lefty, but none the less, its still 1. Last season, they had Jenkins, Fielder, and Estrada (switch hitter) as mostly everyday players. With Yost running that team, anyone thinking they are much improved, is kidding themselves. I live in Kenosha and the Brewers fans, for the most part, are not that optimistic about 2008, mainly because the Bullpen took a big hit with Cordero going to the Reds. Gagne and Sheets, who are injured as often as Wood. Most Brewers fans I know, think the Rotation is weak, the bullpen is not improved and don't expect to slug their way to a wild card or division victory.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Jan 12th 2008, 11:57 am
NeifiPerezMVP2007's Avatar
NeifiPerezMVP2007 NeifiPerezMVP2007 is offline
MVP
 
My Mood:

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockstock View Post
lol

The Brewers offense is about as better than the Cubs offense as the Cubs pitching staff is than the Brewers staff.

2007 Ben Sheets = 2007 Zambrano. Sheet did start 24 games last year. Manny Parra will likely start, and he's likely to do better than Marshall/Miller.
I'm confused .
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mike Murphy is a GENiuS !!!! LeeEila's/rant The Bleachers 5 Nov 1st 2007 9:21 am
Mike Fontenot question ryno4ever The Bleachers 14 Jul 25th 2007 4:05 pm
Ozzie vs Mike North ryno4ever The Media Room 7 May 19th 2007 8:09 pm
Hendry on Mike and Mike Waveland007 The Bleachers 3 Dec 14th 2006 10:49 am
Who cares about Mike Piazza anyway?? NeifiPerezMVP2007 Around The Horn 4 Dec 6th 2006 9:08 pm


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:41 am.



Copyright © 2006-2013 fogpog.com. All rights reserved.
Chicago Cubs logos Copyright © 2013 Major League Baseball and the Chicago Cubs.
Powered by: vBulletin v3.6.8, Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.