I know I may be a little late for my wish list, but if you have just a few Christmas gifts in your bag, I have one from me and my fellow Cub fans.....
1. A new owner for the team. One who cares and respects the history and magic of the Chicago Cubs and takes that into consideration when making so called business decisions.
2. The guarantee that the name Wrigley Field will be remain as Wrigley Field forever.
3. A 70 degree opening day on March 31st at Wrigley Field.
4. For Zambrano to throw a no hitter on Opening Day, breaking his Opening Day bad luck.
5. A non-flammable hair piece for Ron Santo
6. A punching bag for Carlos Zambrano, so he punches it and not his teammates.
7. A lead off homer by Soriano on Opening Day....on the first pitch to the Cubs for the season.
8. Dempster and Marquis to find a new team for Opening Day....
9. A solid starting pitcher or two to take their place in the rotation.
10. A new sweater for Pat Hughes.
11. For Bob Uecker not to be allowed into the Cubs broadcasting booth at all this summer....
12. For Felix Pie and/or Sam Fuld to come out of the gates offensively and defensively on fire in April as our Centerfielder(s)
13. For the Hawk to find his way to Cooperstown this year.
14. A Brian Roberts signing before New Years.
15. A division Championship (preferrably one that does not come down to the last day)
16. A NLCS Championship.... with the clincher being at Wrigley Field.
17. A World Series Championship..... as the century mark passes....
18. And a very happy and safe year for all of my fellow fogpoggers here who have helped make our passion for the team so much more special!