fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old May 13th 2009, 9:02 am

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ryno4ever
Injury Updates:

from ESPN.com and Cubs.com:

Quote:
Here's your Cubs M*A*S*H unit update: Carlos Zambrano is getting ready to go out and rehab his strained left hamstring next week. The plan is for Zambrano to rehab in the minor leagues, focusing on making his return to the team against San Diego the last weekend of May. Zambrano has already started taking batting practice with the other pitchers and will throw on the side for Cubs pitching coach Larry Rothschild in the next few days.

Third baseman Aramis Ramirez told me that the rehab on his shoulder will take at least six weeks, if not longer. He said he will seek a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews, a noted orthopedic surgeon who practices in Birmingham, Ala. The Ramirez camp will send the medical reports on his shoulder to Andrews for review. Ramirez said surgery after the season is a real possibility in order to tighten the shoulder capsule and look for any ancillary damage to clean up in the labrum.

Cubs' first baseman Derrek Lee's bulging disc in his neck has calmed down to the point where he was able to play against San Diego on Tuesday. Lee, who missed five games with the injury, has had neck and back problems for more than two years. He told me an operation to repair the disc wouldn't be a guarantee that the problem and the pain would go away.

Chad Fox had X-rays taken Monday of his right elbow and said the good news is that there was no major fracture.

"We thought we were going to see a train wreck when we got in there," he said.

However, the X-rays did show that one of the screws in his elbow is bent, and there could be a partial tear of the muscle.

"I think time is all we have right now," Fox said. "We'll see how it reacts on its own. After three surgeries, I don't know if a fourth surgery is what I'm looking forward to. If a fourth surgery will improve quality of life for me, I'll suck it up and go do it.

"I'm not going to make any retirement speeches. I'm worried about today. Two months, three months, six months down the road we'll see how it is."

I always cringe when I hear of a Cubs player going to visit Dr. Andrews.... just the name "Dr. Andrews" usually has a feeling of doom and gloom when it is related to a sports figure. He is the top in the country, but you know if a player has to go see Dr. Andrews there is a major surgery that is being considered, with a perhaps long rehab to follow!
Old May 13th 2009, 10:52 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

It sounds a little scary with Aramis Ramirez .
Old May 13th 2009, 11:23 am

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ryno4ever
I think it may be more along the lines that this is an injury he has suffered before, and once you have something like this happens, it is much easier for it to happen again. For as much as he throws himself around the hot corner, I'm sure it would be better for him to have the surgery.... it just is not something you really want to hear!

On another injury note...not with the Cubs, but in the division, Cardinals are losing Ryan Ludwick to the DL after he strained a hammy in last night's game against the Pirates. This means we will not have to face him in next weeks series against the Cards.
Old May 13th 2009, 2:19 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

I agree, shoulder surgery would be best for him, but doubtful he be able to play much for us the following season
Old May 16th 2009, 10:58 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

This latest info regarding Rammy's injury is very distressing to me, but I have to agree that surgery in the offseason to correct it would be the best thing to do. Since he's had the same exact injury before, there's most likely been a lot of damage to the shoulder. We have to remember also, his dad is a doctor and I'm sure has some concerns and is giving his input as to his son's treatment. I just hope he can return in 6 weeks and perform at the level we've become accustomed to him playing at. We've been spoiled having a 3rd basemen who has really worked to become the great player that we've watched him turn into.
Old May 16th 2009, 12:13 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

dont expect simular production, and likely not 6 weeks. I have been hearing weeks minimum. And withthe shoulder being a key component to swings, dont expect great numbers either
Sponsored Links