fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old May 2nd 2010, 7:07 pm
MVP

My Mood:
I Hope They Aren't Teasing Us !

This is more like it! This is the Cubs team I hoped and somewhat expected to see in 2010. An important thing happened today. A couple of days ago we passed the point where we had scored more runs than given up and with today's game we have passed Milwaukee as the highest scoring team in our division. Not a small point. The highest scoring team in the N.L.? The Arizona team we just beat - then the Dodgers - then the Cubs. For now. The highest scoring team in baseball? The Rays. They've scored 67 more than they give up. The Cardinals are 2nd in all of baseball in runs given up - behind San Francisco.

The club still needs to get Ramirez figured out. Anybody got an idea what's wrong with him? Lee needs a nice hot streak too. But as for just about everybody else - how can you realistically expect much more. How long can they keep it up?

Grabo needs to be not used and the bullpen still worries me. Caridad is coming back soon; is that good or bad? Silva's last start wasn't all that impressive and Lilly's 2nd was disheartening. But it's still very refreshing to see the offensive getting it done again - just don't be teasing us - please!

What the Cubs need is a nice, tidy, 5 or 6 game win streak.
Old May 2nd 2010, 7:36 pm
Veteran

I said it the other day while the Cubs were on the heels of a 3-game losing streak, so this isn't hyperbole based on the past 3 games... This team will be at least 5 games over .500, come June 1st.

This is a good team...that will only get better. Ramirez will come around(He's too good not to)... Lee will get hot... They will add a bullpen arm... Lilly will get better as he puts in more innings...

This is the deepest Cubs team that has been constructed in a long time... When you have a bench that consists of two long time, every day players, Nady and Tracy, you have a major strength. Add in Hill, Colvin, Baker, and this team can match almost any team in baseball, in positional depth!
Old May 2nd 2010, 9:12 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

It's still a 4-3 homestand against the likes Arizona and Washington i guess if you don't include Milwaukee as a homestand; I'm not going to get excited yet.
Old May 3rd 2010, 8:17 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

I am not trying to throw a wet blanket on it but , it was bottom rotation pitching we faced. That is baseball tho , sometimes luck is involved in a streak.

Rammy looks like his confidence is down and he is not getting a good read on pitches.
Old May 3rd 2010, 10:36 am
MVP

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant View Post
I am not trying to throw a wet blanket on it but , it was bottom rotation pitching we faced. That is baseball tho , sometimes luck is involved in a streak.

Rammy looks like his confidence is down and he is not getting a good read on pitches.
I've mentioned many times me firm belief that a major key to success in such a tricky game is what goes on betweent the ears. It's been known as the Mental Game and when things falter there - especially with a proven player - that's where managers and coaches show what they are made of. That's their real job .

Too often they over-manage in other aspects of the game such as slavish, not-understanding devotion to certain vague "rules" of operations.
Old May 3rd 2010, 1:13 pm
All-Star

My Mood:

It's nice to see them hitting the ball, especially Soriano. But he's done this every year. Slumps, gets extremely hot, evens out, slumps an so on. With Colvin and Nady it shouldn't be as big a problem as it's been in the past
Old May 3rd 2010, 2:06 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullKey View Post
I've mentioned many times me firm belief that a major key to success in such a tricky game is what goes on betweent the ears. It's been known as the Mental Game and when things falter there - especially with a proven player - that's where managers and coaches show what they are made of. That's their real job .

Too often they over-manage in other aspects of the game such as slavish, not-understanding devotion to certain vague "rules" of operations.
With how hot Byrd and Soriano is right now I would put him in between those two. He would have a good chance at some breaking fastballs and may get healthy on them.

The thing is do you put Byrd hitting fourth or leave Rammy at four and put Byrd at third and move Sori to five.
Old May 5th 2010, 9:15 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant View Post
With how hot Byrd and Soriano is right now I would put him in between those two. He would have a good chance at some breaking fastballs and may get healthy on them.

The thing is do you put Byrd hitting fourth or leave Rammy at four and put Byrd at third and move Sori to five.
It looks like Lou had the same idea I did . A few things went wrong tho , first the guy's breaking ball wasn't working , Ramirez was not patient enough when he got to the plate , Lou did his dumb@ss right handed line up crap AGAIN!!

He allowed the pitcher to set up on the outside and never forced him to move . That dude's control was crud and if he would have had to faced a couple lefties he would have never hit his mark.

The next best thing to do would put Rammy down in the seven hole with the lefty Fontenot in front of him and Soto behind.

With Ramirez's buck fifty average combined with a lefty in front of him with a .350 hitter with a four something OBP behind , I will guarantee Rammy will get some grooved fastballs.
Old May 5th 2010, 4:34 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

ARam batting 6th tonight
Old May 5th 2010, 8:12 pm
MVP

My Mood:
they teased you