fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Apr 22nd 2012, 10:59 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant View Post
I find what you see as starters , Campana , DeWitt (Two players that you can only hide in left. ) , very curious .
Come on, Lee. Stick with the facts. I have very clearly stated that both Blake DeWitt and Tony Campana are bench players.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 11:24 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

It is just silly as to put down Barney. He is playing second base , for crying out loud .

If you want to find areas to be critical , look at the corner infield positions. Or how about center or the fact that now we have two back-up catchers that are both better than the starting catcher .
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 4:22 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
It is just silly as to put down Barney. He is playing second base , for crying out loud .

If you want to find areas to be critical , look at the corner infield positions. Or how about center or the fact that now we have two back-up catchers that are both better than the starting catcher .
Like I said, I'm not putting down Barney. But he pretty much an unremarkable player.

Is Clevenger Cub Fans new grit white hope??
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 5:21 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockstock View Post
Like I said, I'm not putting down Barney. But he pretty much an unremarkable player.

I would know nothing about that . I kind of favor Castillo and he is a little on the dark shade . All I know is either one is so much better than the over-sung hero Soto.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 9:13 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Soto's K:BB ratio is scary, but he should be given another month or so.

Unfortunately giving up the most runs in the NL is going to make an average offense (9th in runs scored in the NL) look bad.

I think you give Soto, Stewart another month or so and start making moves around June 1. At that point, if you want to bring Rizzo up, you probably move DeJesus to CF and LaHair to RF with Campana as the late game defensive sub for LaHair (and move DeJesus back to RF).

The hitters I'd like to see in order:
Cardenas
Castillo
Rizzo
Sappelt

I don't think we'll see Jackson or Vitters before September unless Jackson really picks it up.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 5:10 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Jackson is another strike out machine and I have my doubts on him.

I really don't see anywhere where the " Plan " guys are. We should be seeing guys working on making contact and working counts with glamorous glove work.

LaHair is disappointing , not so much with plate struggles , as much as I have seen him quit on balls in play. This team has to play hard and max effort each and every defencive play. They are just not good enough to get away with anything less.

If there really is a new " Cub way " of playing ball , they need to show it or keep shuffling until they do have players that play like that.

I agree with you on Castillo and Rizzzo. If they can play and , we are sure they are the future , then bring them up . To hell with starting a clock early. That is nickle dime crap compared with building a LONG TERM winning club.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 12:00 pm
Veteran

Quote:

Lee, you are correct on one thing: Soto has been awful, this season. In all likelihood, Soto's days as a Cub are numbered. But it's far too early to write off a guy who has been an above-average catcher over the course of four seasons. Just as it is far too early to anoint Clevenger the future, after only a handful of games.

Why do I give Barney so much crap? Because he's a utility player being thrust into a starting position. It's not his fault. But look at his career numbers. Barney has not shown much over the course of his career.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 12:04 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Jackson is another strike out machine and I have my doubts on him.

I really don't see anywhere where the " Plan " guys are. We should be seeing guys working on making contact and working counts with glamorous glove work.

LaHair is disappointing , not so much with plate struggles , as much as I have seen him quit on balls in play. This team has to play hard and max effort each and every defencive play. They are just not good enough to get away with anything less.

If there really is a new " Cub way " of playing ball , they need to show it or keep shuffling until they do have players that play like that.

I agree with you on Castillo and Rizzzo. If they can play and , we are sure they are the future , then bring them up . To hell with starting a clock early. That is nickle dime crap compared with building a LONG TERM winning club.
If there is one guy on the Cubs who has been the antithesis of disappointing, it is LaHair. There is no t one example of him quitting on a ball. You don't go through 9 years of minor league baseball and start dogging it once you make it to the big leagues. What utter nonsense.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 12:11 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockstock View Post

If I had a dollar for every time you brought up a white players race as it pertains to Cubs fans rooting interest in him, I'd have me some money! Shoot, you said as much about Barney, and he's not even white.

Get over your race stuff, dude. Self hate is an awful thing.

The truth is, Cubs fans just want someone to root for. They love Barney, just like they loved Theriot, just like they love Castro, just live they loved Dunston, just like they loved Fukudome, just like they loved BObby Scales. Having been at almost every home game this season, I watched as Cubs fans fawned over Marlon Byrd.

Cubs fans have hope... It's often times unexplainable. But it's never based on race. I don't know what has happened to you in your life... But get over it.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 1:56 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banks View Post
Shoot, you said as much about Barney, and he's not even white.

Get over your race stuff, dude. Self hate is an awful thing.

WTF are you talking about, no matter not alot of people post on this site anymore.

Your narcissm and one upmanship chases them off, including the founders and moderators of the site.

Talk a long look at yourself buddy, and how often you have made derogatory comments and personal insults to other posters.

Theres plenty of other places to talk baseball and not have to come here and catch whatever your psychotic narcissistic deal is.