fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Apr 24th 2012, 4:33 pm
Veteran

[quote=Bockstock;80152]WTF are you talking about, no matter not alot of people post on this site anymore.

Your narcissm and one upmanship chases them off, including the founders and moderators of the site.

Talk a long look at yourself buddy, and how often you have made derogatory comments and personal insults to other posters.

Theres plenty of other places to talk baseball and not have to come here and catch whatever your psychotic narcissistic deal is.[/QUOTE

I am talking about your continuous eronious attempts at drawing a correlation between Cubs fans, and the reasons why they support certain white players. It's a silly, race-baiting concept. You did it with Theriot... You did it with Barney, who's not even white. Now you are doing it with Clevenger.

Secondly, this site was dead previous to my evolvement with it. There were, at most, 9 posters. Why did they leave? Because the Cubs have failed to give the casual fan anything to talk about. Do not, on grounds of being called out for your own negative behavior jump on previous board member's agenda of blaming me for the emptiness of this site, just because you, like they, have been called out or feel small. It's a silly, juvenile attempt at adverting the narrative.

The founder of this site has not been here since before my entry. It's not just a coincidence that when the Cubs stopped winning, many posters abandoned this site. When the Cubs start winning again, some of those very posters will return.

It is not surprising that someone like you would resort to such low, "I'm telling", antics. Take it like a man and own it. You are the very poster who admitted to not watching the games, yet commented on certain player's ability. As ridiculous as some of the comments made by posters like Lee and HeyHey are, at least they actually watch the games.

Anyway, it was only a matter of time before you less than men made anotheer statement like that. It's what the weak around here seem to resort to. So go on with your race baiting...
Old Apr 25th 2012, 5:37 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banks View Post
If there is one guy on the Cubs who has been the antithesis of disappointing, it is LaHair. There is no t one example of him quitting on a ball. You don't go through 9 years of minor league baseball and start dogging it once you make it to the big leagues. What utter nonsense.
Buy a television , they are widely availiable and can be purchased in most discount stores.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 2:41 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant View Post
Buy a television , they are widely availiable and can be purchased in most discount stores.
I've been to nearly every home game and watched every game on TV... LaHair has busted his butt on every play. A huge bright spot for the Cubs this season, has been LaHair. The guy spent 9 years in the minor leagues waiting for a chance. Now that he has it, he's not going to start dogging it. Again, you are the only person in the world making such a claim about LaHair. It's a narrative that you've made up in your head. LaHair has been great, so far.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 2:42 am
Veteran

I believe Campana's future is as a 4th outfielder... But the guy deserves to play a lot, this season. He changes the game on the bases!
Old Apr 26th 2012, 2:45 am
Veteran

If the Cubs could find a way to parlay the Rays' desperation for a catcher into trading for Wade Davis, it would be a major haul!
Old Apr 26th 2012, 5:18 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
I've been to nearly every home game and watched every game on TV... LaHair has busted his butt on every play. A huge bright spot for the Cubs this season, has been LaHair. The guy spent 9 years in the minor leagues waiting for a chance. Now that he has it, he's not going to start dogging it. Again, you are the only person in the world making such a claim about LaHair. It's a narrative that you've made up in your head. LaHair has been great, so far.
Bob Brenly made comments on two different plays. Phil Rogers made similar comments when asked during a radio interview.

Most of baseball recognizes LaHair weakness with the glove.

It could be that you just don't know what good defence looks like, it is my suspicion , due to you only interest being in offence.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 5:31 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
If the Cubs could find a way to parlay the Rays' desperation for a catcher into trading for Wade Davis, it would be a major haul!
Your almighty Soto was shopped all off season and not even a sniff.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 5:42 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
I think you give Soto, Stewart another month or so and start making moves around June 1. At that point, if you want to bring Rizzo up, you probably move DeJesus to CF and LaHair to RF with Campana as the late game defensive sub for LaHair (and move DeJesus back to RF).
I think if you bring up Rizzo you just move everyone over one on the infield. Castro to third ( he will eventually be there ) , Barney to short ( until a better option comes up ) LaHair to second , Rizzo at first . This would make a better balance , you would have a great hitter with contact and power at third , your first base will be power bat , short would be your traditional 2 hitter speedy , second would be your lower order punch bat. You can the dedicate your outfield to more speedy and on base guys with another power bat in left.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 8:52 am
Veteran

Quote:
Bob Brenly made comments on two different plays. Phil Rogers made similar comments when asked during a radio interview.

Most of baseball recognizes LaHair weakness with the glove.

It could be that you just don't know what good defence looks like, it is my suspicion , due to you only interest being in offence.
LaHair's weakness is his glove. There is no disputting such a notion. But he's making the routine plays, while hitting at an impressive .364/.463/.727 clip, and leading the Cubs in almost every offensive category.

To bash LaHair, at this point, in asinine!

His future isn't with the Cubs, and he's probably not going to keep this pace up for very long...but redirect your anger.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 9:21 am
Veteran

Quote:
Your almighty Soto was shopped all off season and not even a sniff.
Actually, the Cubs probably got some solid offers... They, however, did not believe either Clevenger or Castillo was ready for full-time duty.

Here are the facts about Soto, the player you refuse to give credit to:

2008: Tied for most HR amongst all catchers in baseball... 3rd amongst all catchers in baseball, in RBI... Tied for 6th amongst all catchers in baseball, in runs scored... 7th amongst all catchers in baseball, in hits... 2nd amongst all catchers in baseball, in doubles... 3rd amongst all catchers in baseball, in walks... 4th amongst all catchers in baseball, in batting average... 4th amongst all catchers in baseball, in on base percentage... Second amongst all catchers in baseball, in slugging... Second amongst all catchers in baseball, in OPS...

2009: An injury plagued, down year for Soto... 5th amongst all catchers in baseball, in walks...

2010: 9th amongst all catchers in baseball, in runs... Tied for 6th amongst all catchers in baseball, in HR... 3rd amongst all catchers in baseball, in walks... 3rd amonst all catchers, in batting average... and amongst all catchers, in OBP... First amongst all catcher, in slugging... First amongst all catcher, in OPS...

2011: 9th amongst all catchers in baseball, in doubles... 10th amongst all catchers in baseball, in home runs... 8th amongst all catchers in baseball, in OPS...
Sponsored Links