fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Feb 19th 2009, 2:19 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Angry Ok , I have now about had it with Lou

He came out earlier this week and said he talked to Fonzi about moving off lead off and , today said he was just kidding !!!!!!

What the hell is up with him ?????????? Ok , it is bad enough that he even thought he had to get Sori's approval to move him but , to back up on it the next day is ridiculous !!

If the Ricketts get this team the first move they should make is swapping the guy from the booth with the guy in the dugout !!!

Yes , I think Brenly would be better just because there is one thing about Bob , he is decisive and doesn't show favoritism or play games.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 3:42 pm
Rookie

My Mood:
i really don't see the big deal. Soriano still is the best option for leadoff at this point
Old Feb 19th 2009, 5:20 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

i agree, we have no other option for leadoff
Old Feb 19th 2009, 7:34 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Personally, Id be more pissed off about Miles not only starting at 2b over Fontenot but batting second

Miles is the definition of replacement-level production. The level of production between him and Fontenot is pretty significant.

But alas its ST and Lou says alot of cooky stuff, I think to throw the idiots in the chicago sports media for a loop..

I like Brenley, but he definitely shows favoritism.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:44 pm
Rookie

My Mood:
Send a message via ICQ to Madden King Send a message via AIM to Madden King Send a message via MSN to Madden King Send a message via Yahoo to Madden King Send a message via Skype™ to Madden King
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan162512 View Post
i really don't see the big deal. Soriano still is the best option for leadoff at this point
Why doesn't Lou find out if he's the best option or not?! The bottom line is that Soriano is not the type of guy you want leading off. There has to be a better option than him. That's what spring training is for.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 8:23 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden King View Post
Why doesn't Lou find out if he's the best option or not?! The bottom line is that Soriano is not the type of guy you want leading off. There has to be a better option than him. That's what spring training is for.
EXACTLY !!!!! WTG !!!!

We will be having competition at most positions , why not have one for leadoff ?

The thing is we had our soft under-belly exposed in the playoffs. ( Lou got pantsed by Torry ) We have to have a lead guy that takes pitches , I don't care if he can run or strikes out as long as it takes ten or more pitches to do so . We can't let the pitcher get his stride early in the game.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 8:29 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockstock View Post
Personally, Id be more pissed off about Miles not only starting at 2b over Fontenot but batting second

Miles is the definition of replacement-level production. The level of production between him and Fontenot is pretty significant.

But alas its ST and Lou says alot of cooky stuff, I think to throw the idiots in the chicago sports media for a loop..

I like Brenley, but he definitely shows favoritism.
I agree and am getting quite pissed over the bigotry towards Fontenot !

Miles is the perfect replacement player and would be best used as such .

I really believe that Lou is detached and just phoning it in hoping the abundance of talent just takes over.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 9:19 am
Rookie

just home games alone - he's got to take a few pitches to give OUR pitcher a few minutes to rest.

step out there and take the first pitch. then go back to the circle and add some pine tar to the bat.

when you foul a ball away, stop and look at your bat and pretend you are examining it for cracks.

walk 1/2 way down the line to the 3b coach and go over signs

you have to know how to stall to be a good leadoff hitter.

and this is not just Soriano -
whenever our guy labors thru and inning and maybe throws 30 pitches - everyone due up better be thinking STALL tactics.

i blame managers and coaches when you don't see players doing this.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 11:22 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

I dont see anyone complaining when he takes the first or second pitch deep to give us a 1-0 lead before you take your seat. Problem is, over his career, he has been put in various spots in the lineup. His batting average has taken a huge dip and he is no where near as good as he is in the leadoff spot. numbers only tell half the story, but the stats that you get when you look at how he has performed elsewhere in the order tell most of the Alfonso Soriano Story. He is nowhere near as good anywhere else.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 2:10 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenjamin View Post
I dont see anyone complaining when he takes the first or second pitch deep to give us a 1-0 lead before you take your seat. Problem is, over his career, he has been put in various spots in the lineup. His batting average has taken a huge dip and he is no where near as good as he is in the leadoff spot. numbers only tell half the story, but the stats that you get when you look at how he has performed elsewhere in the order tell most of the Alfonso Soriano Story. He is nowhere near as good anywhere else.
So the concern is what is best for Soriano ?