fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Jul 14th 2010, 2:34 pm

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ryno4ever
Votto, Byrd, and the NL All Star Win

Up until I read this article, I was rooting for the Reds to win this division if the Cubs couldn't pull off a miracle, just because it wasn't the Cardinals. I realize Votto is just one guy off the team, but because of Byrd's at bat, and his defensive play, the NL won, which could benefit the Reds if they make it to the World Series.

Not to mention, you never know where his career path leads, but I think I would welcome LaTroy Hawkins, Jacque Jones, Sammy Sosa and Milton Bradley back in Cubbie Blue long before I could ever accept Joey Votto in a Cubs uniform, and I don't care how good of a player he is.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 8:10 pm
Veteran

What's the big deal?

Stop taking these silly articles that should be in some entertainment magazine, so seriously! Votto is simply using this to send a message to his teammates...a message that the Red's are for real, and taking this season very seriously. This could be sparked by the Red's non-competitive, lack-a-dasical approach over the past 10 years. So Votto doesn't like a division rival? That's a good thing, isn't it? Byrd plays for the Cubs...are you connecting these occurrences?

STOP TAKING THESE THINGS LITERALLY. I'll bet my ball sack that Votto had positive interactions with Byrd, capped with a handshake.

Stories like these are meant to lure the rubes into a state of panic/worry/emotion, for which they dictate. They also want you to read their article's. But hey, people often fall for these stupid things! Remember how some of you reacted to Rick Telander's sarcastic article on Theriot being on roids? Yeah!
Old Jul 14th 2010, 8:30 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

He actually should love the Cubs or at least their Ps. Over the past 3 yrs he has 12 HRs and 30 RBI vs us and a 300 avg.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:04 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Votto is a goof . He did a 30 day DL stint for mental issues once . Most cowards and sissies talk tough just to hide their inadequacies. Much like a certain poster we have here.

It is baseball. You never know , he could have said it on a dare from one of his teammates. It is just extended highschool in most dugouts .
Old Jul 15th 2010, 12:45 pm
Veteran

Instead of watching Ryan Dempster and Marlon Byrd laugh and joke with the opposing team before and after every game...I'd love to see them take Votto's approach... It's old school in nature...and screams of competitiveness.

There is a reason Votto is in the lead for MVP of the NL currently, and the Reds are in 1st...while the Cubs are 11 games under .500.

"The Cubs have just lost the first two games of a three game series against the white sox......look, there's Ryan Dempster joking with Juan Pierre and Alex Rios for 20 minutes before the final game of the series."
Old Jul 15th 2010, 10:29 pm

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ryno4ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banks View Post
What's the big deal?

Stop taking these silly articles that should be in some entertainment magazine, so seriously! Votto is simply using this to send a message to his teammates...a message that the Red's are for real, and taking this season very seriously. This could be sparked by the Red's non-competitive, lack-a-dasical approach over the past 10 years. So Votto doesn't like a division rival? That's a good thing, isn't it? Byrd plays for the Cubs...are you connecting these occurrences?

STOP TAKING THESE THINGS LITERALLY. I'll bet my ball sack that Votto had positive interactions with Byrd, capped with a handshake.

Stories like these are meant to lure the rubes into a state of panic/worry/emotion, for which they dictate. They also want you to read their article's. But hey, people often fall for these stupid things! Remember how some of you reacted to Rick Telander's sarcastic article on Theriot being on roids? Yeah!
Why? Because YOU said so? I don't think so. I'm going to post what I want to post, whether it has to do with something YOU want to discuss or not. If you don't like it, ignore it and move on. I am so sick and tired of you trying to make everyone on here feel like they don't know anything. This season sucks enough, and having a jacka$$ like you trying to tell us what our OPINIONS should be doesn nothing more but make us even more pissed off. If you don't like the topic, move on. Better yet, there's a site made just for tools like you, it's the Cubs.com message board, you'd fit very well on there. I know, from talking to FORMER members of this board that I keep in touch with, that if members like you would disappear, they would come back and post, but got tired of being belittled and made fun when they would post what they thought or gave their opinions.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 1:25 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno4ever View Post
Why? Because YOU said so? I don't think so. I'm going to post what I want to post, whether it has to do with something YOU want to discuss or not. If you don't like it, ignore it and move on. I am so sick and tired of you trying to make everyone on here feel like they don't know anything. This season sucks enough, and having a jacka$$ like you trying to tell us what our OPINIONS should be doesn nothing more but make us even more pissed off. If you don't like the topic, move on. Better yet, there's a site made just for tools like you, it's the Cubs.com message board, you'd fit very well on there. I know, from talking to FORMER members of this board that I keep in touch with, that if members like you would disappear, they would come back and post, but got tired of being belittled and made fun when they would post what they thought or gave their opinions.
Please...I responded to your dumb post...don't be so sensitive. You fell for, and overreacted to some silly article...don't take it out on me. You did the same thing with the Theriot/Telander article. Once again, don't take it out on me, rube.

As for those "other posters"...all two of them. Tell them to grow up and learn how to deal with criticism. You sensitive posters are funny. You pull the sensitive card, yet call names in the same post. Which is it? And for the record...NOBODY EVER POSTS HERE...not before me...not since.

Anyway, I can't wait until your next great overreaction...proceed!
Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:45 pm
Veteran

For the crybaby, Ryno...and the rest of you who fell for it...

Joey Votto said he was joking when he made his I hate the Cubs statement after the All-Star Game.

I was laughing when I said it, he said. I realized it was a Chicago reporter.

That being said, I respect all the Chicago Cub players. Theyre some of the most professional in the game. I dont have a problem with any of the Chicago guys. I enjoy playing against them. I just dont like their fans. I cant stand hearing that Go Cubs Go song.

Votto said he did congratulate Marlon Byrd after Byrds key play late in the game.

You can watch the video, he said. I gave Marlon a high 5 and patted him on the back. I was one of the first guys to congratulation him in Chicago when he was picked for All-Star team. It certainly has nothing to do with the players. If ask the players, Im perfectly nice to them and professional on the field.

It was a laughing, spur-of-the-moment thing. Just because were in that setting for one day that all of the sudden were super close and were tight. Were still competing.

Still there, Ryno? Once again, you greately overreacted to silly article...

Marlon Bryd's comments on the matter:

Quote:
Thats the competitiveness in Joey Votto, (Marlon) Byrd said. Hes an MVP candidate right now.

Hes going to say what he believes. But at the same time, I dont think any Cubs are going to be patting a Cincinnati Reds player on the back during the season.

Byrd was asked if Votto is a particularly aggressive player.

Hes a great guy, Byrd said. But when it comes to baseball, hes like I am on the field, go get em. I can smile at the opposing player, but at the same time, I dont wish them well when Im playing against them. Im going to play against the Phillies. Im friends with a lot of guys. Jimmy Rollins is my man, but he knows Ill flip him if I have to
Old Jul 17th 2010, 11:39 am
Veteran

Bump(For Ryno)
Old Jul 19th 2010, 5:59 pm
Veteran

Bump(For Ryno)
Sponsored Links