fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Jun 23rd 2011, 7:38 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banks View Post
You do realize that nobody, not a single Cubs fan, blpws Blake DeWitt, right? Of course you don't! You are the only person who obsesses over him...or talks about him period!

But, you do blow the hell outts Koyie Hill..because YOU talked about him ALL THE TIME. Even, and get this, suggesting that he START AT 3B, SO THAT THE CUBS GET HIS BAT, that huge bat, IN THE LINEUP EVERYDAY!

GENIUS!
show me that post moron. I can bring up all of your stupid crap that you have posted .
Old Jun 24th 2011, 12:38 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant View Post
show me that post moron. I can bring up all of your stupid crap that you have posted .
By denying that you said it, at some level, you are less-retarded enough to realize that the statement you made was greately retarded, therefore you should deny, deny, deny!

Listen, Retard... This was last year. You posed the question "Can Koyie Hill play 3B?"... You then justified that question by stating that the Cubs "needed to get his bat into the lineup"... It was retarded then...not just because Koyie Hill is a career .210 hitter... but because he is a CATCHER!!!!!!!
Old Jun 24th 2011, 12:53 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

LMAO !!! Come on Bims you have to make up crap . Compare my predictions to yours . Your trade ideas are like your predictions , completely sophomoric with no footing in reality. Trade values of Pena and Ramirez LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!! Look through my post and you will see where I was right on most from Lou to who was going to be next.

I am content to post my opinions and take other opinions as just that opinions . Not you you MUST make everyone an idiot and you some type of genius. Your sig says it all and it is such an ironic joke that with each post it hangs like a comic sign .

I am still waiting for a post from you that educates.

You must be some colossal miss fit with sever acne and no friends , to invent this personality and try to bully others into taking you seriously. I bet when you are referred to by others the word " freak " is often in the conversation , along with a shudder of the shoulders .
Old Jun 25th 2011, 4:09 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Trade values of Pena and Ramirez LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's posts like these, and every post you make period, that display your complete lack of understanding for a player's value...

Carlos Pena is the IDEAL trade candidate for a contending team in dire need of an upgrade, at 1B. Why?

He is a GREAT clubhouse guy...

He has been on winning clubs, in recent years...

He is very good defensively...

He has 14 HR...good for top 10 in baseball, at his position...

He has a + .127 OBP...

Pena would also allow an AL team to move a poor defensive 1B to DH...

Pena would net a very solid prospect in return.

Ramirez would bring even more in return than Pena... The only obstacle is his no-trade clause... which the opportunity to be thrust into a playoff race, could entice Aramis to wave.

The Cubs will be a very active team at the deadline this season...and they have the players to fetch good returns on.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:18 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
It's posts like these, and every post you make period, that display your complete lack of understanding for a player's value...

Carlos Pena is the IDEAL trade candidate for a contending team in dire need of an upgrade, at 1B. Why?

He is a GREAT clubhouse guy...

He has been on winning clubs, in recent years...

He is very good defensively...

He has 14 HR...good for top 10 in baseball, at his position...

He has a + .127 OBP...

Pena would also allow an AL team to move a poor defensive 1B to DH...

Pena would net a very solid prospect in return.

Ramirez would bring even more in return than Pena... The only obstacle is his no-trade clause... which the opportunity to be thrust into a playoff race, could entice Aramis to wave.

The Cubs will be a very active team at the deadline this season...and they have the players to fetch good returns on.

Suggested read http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...l-anybody-buy/
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:21 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quadismodo call out Castro again for not hustleing . Yet Rammy can trot , Sori can only run first to third when he feels like it and veteran pitchers leave when the want to .

This guy is way over his head.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:59 pm
Veteran

After his 2 home runs today, that makes 16 for the entire season, for Carlos Pena. That puts him at 6th in the entire NL among all positions, 3rd among 1B in the NL, and 5th among all 1B in baseball.

Yeah, he's got no trade value...
Old Jun 28th 2011, 8:40 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
After his 2 home runs today, that makes 16 for the entire season, for Carlos Pena. That puts him at 6th in the entire NL among all positions, 3rd among 1B in the NL, and 5th among all 1B in baseball.

Yeah, he's got no trade value...
I am happy for Pena . I did not expect him to have such resurgence , much like Edmonds did . that was Edmonds last year of that production tho.

The problem is the $10 million in Pena . Will we get that much in return for him in prospects ? no. You have to look at the market for a said position player. At his position there are two very big dogs on the block .They have set the bar quite high and any team in need of a first base player will look to Prince and Albert as the high end of the market and Pena on the lower end and that is if the Cardinals don't start dumping and maybe put Berkman out there. So if you look at the number of players that play that position on the market then the number of teams in contention that need a first baseman the market is quite small .The current economics of baseball puts much more value on young prospects than limited future of aged veterans.

Value is set by the consumer. By there being a dearth of players who play his position , a small number of buyers and the current economics , his value has diminished due to no fault of his own.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 9:21 am
Rookie

Quote:
I am happy for Pena . I did not expect him to have such resurgence , much like Edmonds did . that was Edmonds last year of that production tho.

The problem is the $10 million in Pena . Will we get that much in return for him in prospects ? no.
?

The Cubs don't need to get back $10 million in value for Pena. They just need to get whatever value they can get. The $10 million is a sunk cost; trade Pena for a prospect and a couple million in salary relief, and I'd say that's a successful move.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 9:53 am
Veteran

Quote:

The problem is the $10 million in Pena . Will we get that much in return for him in prospects ? no. You have to look at the market for a said position player. At his position there are two very big dogs on the block .They have set the bar quite high and any team in need of a first base player will look to Prince and Albert as the high end of the market and Pena on the lower end and that is if the Cardinals don't start dumping and maybe put Berkman out there. So if you look at the number of players that play that position on the market then the number of teams in contention that need a first baseman the market is quite small .The current economics of baseball puts much more value on young prospects than limited future of aged veterans.

Value is set by the consumer. By there being a dearth of players who play his position , a small number of buyers and the current economics , his value has diminished due to no fault of his own.
What the hell are you talking about? What do Albert Pujols and Prince Fielder, two guys who aren't getting traded at the deadline, have to do with Carlos Pena, someone who is getting traded at the deadline?

Pena is becoming a more and more attractive player, for teams in the middle of a pennant race. He's won before... He's a great clubhouse guy... He is a very good defensive player... He gets on base... He has tremendous power...

Pending on how hot Pena continues to be, and how much money the Cubs are willing to eat, results in how good of a prospect the Cubs will get in return for him. As of right now, the Cubs would get a very solid prospect in return for Pena, even if they ate only a few million.
Sponsored Links