fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > FP's Sports Pub > College Sports
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Nov 11th 2007, 12:46 am
All-Star

My Mood:

Great game for the Fighting Illini against Ohio State. I had a funny feeing before the game that an upset would be in the mix. Excellent clock management in the 4th quarter with a key interception thrown in. The Buckeyes offense can't score if they are standing on the sideline for 12 minutes plus in the final quarter. Ron Zook is repairing all the damage that Ron Turner created in the program. They could be a serious contender for the Big 10 title next season.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:22 pm
MVP

Send a message via AIM to DLee25
I should delete all my posts about nebraska.

Thought I would tell you that they suck.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:15 am
All-Star

My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to bringbacktuffy
Iowa lost to Iowa State and W. Michigan this year. Ugh, terrible. This is a crazy year for college football.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 1:43 pm

My Mood:

Send a message via ICQ to VanMan Send a message via AIM to VanMan Send a message via MSN to VanMan Send a message via Yahoo to VanMan Send a message via Skype™ to VanMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacktuffy View Post
Iowa lost to Iowa State and W. Michigan this year. Ugh, terrible. This is a crazy year for college football.
And the loss to Western Michigan hurt Iowa's bowl chances, since there are 10 bowl-eligible teams of the 11 Big Ten conferences (only Minnesota is known to be shivering in December and January). Now, if Ohio State can get into the national title game (by the winner of Kansas-Missouri losing to either Texas or Oklahoma in the Big XII title game, and either LSU losing to Arkansas or in the SEC title game or West Virginia losing to either Connecticut or Pittsburgh), Illinois, thanks to the BCS conference commissioners expanding the at-large pool from the top 14 to the 18 on Dec. 2, can go to the Rose Bowl, and bump everyone else in the Big Ten up a slot (but Wisconsin, who'd go to the Outback Bowl either way). Iowa, in that case, would either go to the Las Vegas Bowl (in place of the fifth Pac 10 team) or the Texas Bowl (in place of the eighth Big XII team).
Old Nov 21st 2007, 2:15 pm
MVP

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to BigZ38
Iowa's only going to make a bowl due to the fans and how well they travel.
I pray to God Ohio State doesn't make the National Championship because quite frankley I hate every single one of them. West Virgina and Kansas in the National Championship!
Old Nov 24th 2007, 10:58 pm
Veteran

My Mood:

Arkansas beat LSU and Missouri beat Kansas tonight.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:44 pm
All-Star

My Mood:
I think Iowa will be staying home this year. OSU wont get the title game I dont think, WVU vs Oklahoma/Mizzou will get that game I think. Sidenote- Oklahoma is favored in the Big 12 Championship despite being ranked 9th while Missery is #1.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 8:31 pm

My Mood:

Send a message via ICQ to VanMan Send a message via AIM to VanMan Send a message via MSN to VanMan Send a message via Yahoo to VanMan Send a message via Skype™ to VanMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacktuffy View Post
I think Iowa will be staying home this year. OSU wont get the title game I dont think, WVU vs Oklahoma/Mizzou will get that game I think. Sidenote- Oklahoma is favored in the Big 12 Championship despite being ranked 9th while Missery is #1.
You forget one thing, if Oklahoma beats Mizzou, Ohio State hops into the No. 2 spot.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 11:22 am
All-Star

My Mood:
Oh yeah. More and more I'm starting to lean towards a playoff format of some kind. With parity what it is in CF, several teams will get the shaft.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 9:38 pm

My Mood:

Unfortunately, the BCS comissioners continue to assert there will NEVER be a playoff in what is now known as the Football Bowl Subdivision of Division I. They might be open to a so-called "plus-one" format, where the top four teams would play in two of the four BCS games, and then meet a week later to decide the national championship. I still think they should have a 16-team playoff throughout December with semi-finals at two of the BCS bowls and the finals at another on Jan. 8. The teams that don't make the playoffs would still be invited to the lower- and mid-tier bowl games, with the losers of the quarter-final games going to two of the BCS games not used for the semi-finals. First-round losers would go to the other Jan. 1 bowl games.

My 16 teams would be the champions of the 11 conferences in the FBS and five at-large teams, with Notre Dame getting an automatic bid if it is ranked within the top 16 in the final ratings, using a similar formula the BCS currently uses, and has nine or more wins.

I can work. The Football Championship Subdivision, Division II, Division III and NAIA all have tournaments, all other Division I sports have tournaments or national meets, why not FBS football?
Sponsored Links