fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > FP's Sports Pub > NFL Football
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Sep 12th 2008, 1:29 pm
Banned

Bears vs Panthers

The Bears will be playing their 2nd straight game on the road. And for the 2nd straight game I think they will win. ...... With Steve Smith being out serving the last game of a 2 game suspension, the Bears avoid the Panthers best player. I think the Bears will put plenty of pressure on Jake Delhomme. The big key for the Bears here is to stop DeAngelo Williams. Williams has break away speed. He also receives well out of the back field. The Panthers will also mix in rookie James Stewart. If the Bears can stop both of these talent backs then the game should go heavily in their favor. ..... I'm really excited to see if rookie Matt Forte can give us another strong performance. He looked like the real deal in his first NFL game. But i'm even more curious to see if the o-line can duplicate it's strong performance from the Colts game. ..... Orton knows his job: DON'T LOSE US THE GAME. Simply manage the game and help the team win field position through out the game. I like Orton in this role. I think this week we may see a few more shots down the field. Devin Hester may be heard from on the offensive end. ..... Big game for the Bears here on the road. Not only to start the season 2-0, both games being on the road. But to prove to themselves and the entire NFL that they are for real. Bears 24 Panthers 13
Old Sep 12th 2008, 3:49 pm
All-Star

My Mood:

I like a lot of people were surprized by the Bears winning over the Colts last week. The key stat I like is the 3rd down conversions to keep the drives going, I believe they were 10 of 16 on 3rd down last week. That is what makes teams succesful. I do believe this is a winable game. My prediction is Bears 24 Panthers 17
Old Sep 12th 2008, 5:26 pm
All-Star

My Mood:

It's all because of Urlacher's deodorant choice!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 6:15 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiCubs1984 View Post
I like a lot of people were surprized by the Bears winning over the Colts last week. The key stat I like is the 3rd down conversions to keep the drives going, I believe they were 10 of 16 on 3rd down last week. That is what makes teams succesful. I do believe this is a winable game. My prediction is Bears 24 Panthers 17
Good point! Actually converting 3rd downs would be a big step in the right direction for this team over last years team.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 3:05 pm
Banned

The Bears lost an ugly game today against Carolina. A ton of penalties, and some tough running by Jonathan Stewart paved the way for Carolina. .......... A big key to this Bears loss was the penalties the special teams accumulated on kick returns. Every time the Bears had a return opportunity they either were hit with a holding penalty or a clipping penalty. So basically they were starting drives at their own 10-12 yard line every time. Thus making them play much too conservatively. A usually very good Bears special teams unit played badly today. Even with the punt block for a touch down. .......... I didn't like it at the time, and today the drafting of Greg Olsen bothers me even more. We have a very TE in Desmond Clark who does everything well on the field. He should be the main TE target. But for some reason the Bears just had to draft Greg Olsen in the 1st round last year, passing up future WR stud Anthony Gonzales who went to the Colts just 1 pick later. Olsen can't block, and doesn't always have a good attitude. Sure he can make a big play from the TE spot, but we don't have a QB made for big plays. Two fumbles by Olsen today hurt the Bears BIG TIME! Just tuck the ball Greg! I hope after today we see less Olsen and more Clark/Davis! .......... Matt Forte is a good one. The kid can play! He had a solid game today all around. You gotta love how he catches the ball with ease out of the back field. On top of that he had some huge gains called back because some players would rather obviously hold then block(Davis). Forte was a bright spot in an ugly Bears loss today. .......... The O-line started out strong but faded fast. The Panthers brought the heat and the Bears couldn't stop it. It's a mix of old and inexperienced players on the Bears O-line. John St. Claire should not be starting on any offensive line in the league. Just ask the St. Louis Rams! .......... Brandon McGowan should not see the field at all. He makes too many mental mistakes. He had a few costly penalties, and can't tackle. Let him ride the bench Lovie! .......... Ron Turner should be handing his resume out to local highschools right about now. Seriously, how bad of a game did Ron Turner call today. Ok we get it Ron, you like to throw quick outs(Note to Ron Turner: The Bears have NO play making receivers!) You also gotta love Turner's predictable run calls. And finally Turner's genius FB run call on 4th and 1 to end the game. Why Ron, why? Matt Forte ran strong all game. Why not run him hard up the strong side of the field? Na, just give the ball to Jason Mckie up the middle. What a terrible and robotic play call by Turner. Next season I hope the Bears get an offensive coordinator with an imagination! .......... The defense played solid today. With Olsen's fumble and the offenses 3 and out results, the defense simply got tired. It's good to see the defense creating turnovers and causing pressure on the QB. But Stewart was able to become effective on the ground as the game went on. That definitely moved the game in Carolina's favor. But all in all the defense was solid today. .......... Kyle Orton is Kyle Orton. And today he showed us once again who Kyle Orton is. He just can't connect on a big play. He over threw passes on two big plays. The one to Booker would have resulted in a touch down easily. The one to Davis would have resulted in a big gain. Both times the receiver was wide open. And both times Orton missed them. Orton also should have been picked off a few times today. He played solid in the first half, and badly in the second half. Sorry Bears fans but at this point we understand that Kyle Orton will not win you games. In a league where having a good quarterback gives you a huge advantage against opposing teams, and WILL win you games. The Bears just don't have that in Kyle Orton. A good quarterback drives his team down the field to win the game today. Instead Orton couldn't get 10 yards for the Bears in four tries. Someday Jerry Angelo will understand that you need a good quaterback to win in the NFL most of the time. It also might help to have a playmaker on offense. The problem is Angelo won't understand this until he gets his pink slip and is laying on a beach in Florida somewhere. .......... The Bears received a tough loss today. Definitely hard to swallow. They had a 14 point lead in the 3rd quarter only to watch the momentum slip away on a Greg Olsen fumble. The Panthers scored 17 unanswered points on their way to a comeback win. It's pretty obvious the Bears have NO play makers on this team. It would be great to see the front office make an effort to change that. Chase Daniel might be a good start!
Sponsored Links