fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > FP's Sports Pub > NFL Football
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate
View Poll Results: Where will Favre land?
Tampa 1 10.00%
jets 3 30.00%
Minnessota 0 0%
holding a clipboard backing up Rodgers 0 0%
Starting for the Pack by Week 4 2 20.00%
Other 2 20.00%
Retired 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:22 am
All-Star

My Mood:
Absolutely Skip, they are deffo trying to move him, but the whole point is that if they are unable to do this and it looks unlikely, i mean if my Jets are not interested and Tampa Bay decide to go with Garcia instead of taking a punt on Favre then there is not much hope of others wanting him, but if they cant move him then he has to play........you just can't sit Favre in Green Bay, its like going to the sistine chapel and not looking up, it just wont happen. Favre is a selfish guy, remember when they first drafted Rodgers and Favre said when asked if he would tutor Rodgers said something like 'He wasn't a teacher'.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 1:36 pm

My Mood:

Send a message via ICQ to VanMan Send a message via AIM to VanMan Send a message via MSN to VanMan Send a message via Yahoo to VanMan Send a message via Skype™ to VanMan
I heard some reports on the Rome show earlier today. It seems Favre and the Packers are at an impasse. Favre thinks it's not a good idea for an open competition for the QB spot there because it's "unfair to Aaron (Rodgers)." He feels like he's not really wanted in Green Bay anymore. The Packers are trying to trade him, but they want him to go to either the Jets or Tampa, but he wants to go to either Minnesota or Chicago. He's not going to be on the bench behind Rodgers, because the Cheese Heads will start chanting "We Want Favre" the moment Rodgers airmails a receiver. Face it, this is not going to be solved easily. The commissioner might need to intervene.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 5:44 pm
All-Star

My Mood:

If this assclown comes to Chicago Bears I will personally hang up my jersey. I will not root for the guy after all of this. I shiver of the possibility him wearing a uniform George Halas created, if the Vikings want him....go there, this man has no class. I think he should be a quarterbacks coach thats the only way I would like Favre and the Bears in the same sentence.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 7:22 pm
All-Star

My Mood:
I did want him on the Jets but he has handled this really badly, he seems to have a rubbish attitude to being a role model for the younger QB's on the roster and he is just a media circus, i would rather play the season out with Pennington and Clemens than this guy in green.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:11 pm

My Mood:

Send a message via ICQ to VanMan Send a message via AIM to VanMan Send a message via MSN to VanMan Send a message via Yahoo to VanMan Send a message via Skype™ to VanMan
Now they're talking about Favre considering a trade to the Bucs. At least that would get him out of the division, but they do play the Packers Week 4. Frankly, everyone's to blame on this. Favre for making the hasty retirement in March, and then hemming and hawing the next five months about returning. The Packers for giving him the cold shoulder. The media for constantly feeding all the bullcrap in this 24/7 news/sports cycle. A pox on all their houses!
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:13 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Im a huge NFL fan, and followed this closely. There is probably nobody in the league that I have disliked more than Favre and the reason is because he is so good. I fault both sides as well, but the Packers to me are nuts for not giving him the team again. They were an overtime away from getting manhandled by the Pats in the Superbowl last year. They probably played way above their heads as well. I feel bad for both Rodgers and Favre. Rodgers will be under a microscope all year, while Favre - the face of the franchise, if not the NFL has been told he wasnt wanted. If the Pack were so confident in Rodgers, who I do think will be fairly good, why not just release Favre. It would have saved this whole mess and he would be in Minny playing in a dome, where he always has trouble. They were scared. The whole NFC is playing for second place anyway because the Cowboys are going 19-0.LOL
Old Aug 6th 2008, 12:45 am
All-Star

My Mood:

Send a message via Yahoo to TRIPLE PLAY
TAMPA BAY it is!
Old Aug 6th 2008, 6:34 am
All-Star

My Mood:
They didn't release him because they don't want him going to a rival, division or not, playing in a dome or not, its not good for the face of your franchise to be playing for the rival.Although he had a good year last year, previously he has been a INT machine, the best thing the Packers can do is get him out of there and give Rodgers room to breath. As soon as Rodgers throws 25 ODD Td's this year and around 6-7 picks the fans will soon welcome him. Where did you hear that TP??? i have heard that trade talks are heating up involving the Bucs and the Jets........hopefully it is the Bucs.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 6:35 am
All-Star

My Mood:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true
Old Aug 6th 2008, 1:48 pm
All-Star

My Mood:

Ya know why don't they just release this clown?? Let him take his sideshow to Tampa or wherever else. The Packers sometime have to cut their losses and go on, The Packers said they have gone on then just do it already. If he goes to the Vikings whatever. Its still only 2 games you play them, still gotta worry about the other 14.